What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
First episode of Picard is up on Amazon Video. Really good episode. The only downside is that it feels like a binge show but the episodes are being released weekly.

So, does Picard come out of retirement or something, or is it like an extension of TNG? Does Will Riker still try to bone every female in the galaxy?

If you like the series Honest Trailer on You Tube, this is probably my favourite:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Staying on the Sci Fi there, I saw the first episode of Avenue 5 (on Foxtel)

Basically its a dramedy (?) set in the future, where cruising in space has just kicked off. The first maiden voyage of a ship owned by the Judd Corporation has a small incident in what is supposed to be an 8 week cruise around Saturn, and means they will be in space for three years. Only seen episode one, so no idea where its all going to go at this stage.

Starring:

Hugh Laurie as the Captain who is not as it all seems. Funny part of his role is that he is playing an Englishman with a fake American accent.
Josh Gadd aka the poor man's Jonah Hill, plays the billionaire owner of the ship, basically a rich idiot.
Zach Woods (who you might remember as Jared from Silicon Valley) who is the hapless concierge / relationship manager.
and few others.

As I only have Foxtel for streaming, i think i'll give it a go.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So, does Picard come out of retirement or something, or is it like an extension of TNG? Does Will Riker still try to bone every female in the galaxy?

If you like the series Honest Trailer on You Tube, this is probably my favourite:

It's set long after Picard left Star Fleet and it's set after a major event happened where a bunch of synthetic androids basically nuked Mars leading to a ban of all Synthetics (basically anyone like Data)

Riker isn't in it yet. He comes in at a later episode but I'm guessing it's only for one episode based on the premise of the show and the clips so far.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Staying on the Sci Fi there, I saw the first episode of Avenue 5 (on Foxtel)

Basically its a dramedy (?) set in the future, where cruising in space has just kicked off. The first maiden voyage of a ship owned by the Judd Corporation has a small incident in what is supposed to be an 8 week cruise around Saturn, and means they will be in space for three years. Only seen episode one, so no idea where its all going to go at this stage.

Starring:

Hugh Laurie as the Captain who is not as it all seems. Funny part of his role is that he is playing an Englishman with a fake American accent.
Josh Gadd aka the poor man's Jonah Hill, plays the billionaire owner of the ship, basically a rich idiot.
Zach Woods (who you might remember as Jared from Silicon Valley) who is the hapless concierge / relationship manager.
and few others.

As I only have Foxtel for streaming, i think i'll give it a go.
It looks pretty good. The premise reminds me of Starship Titanic which was a video game written and directed by Douglas Adams full to the bring with his humour.

Was a great game for its time

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Titanic

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ash caught a fucking Dragonite, like where the fuck was this when I was a kid?!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I miss that shit.
I wonder if the youtubers that have dbs as their main source have died, never see em on my home page anymore
Yh it probably won't be back this year tbh, but we will see. Fucked if I know as I never watched them, might just follow the manga or other anime/games.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Started to watch The Outsider, TV series, based on one of Steven Kings books. No idea which. Pretty damn good and only watched the first episode so far.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not Tracy Grimshaw who thinks the Government has audited inside everyone's homes so she can push her personal beliefs, no they just framed me so former Cop Pamela Amloh gets away with her gutless prank and defamation.
No such laws.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone watching The Outsider on Poxtel?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outsider_(miniseries)
In Cherokee City, Georgia, the mutilated corpse of Frank Peterson, a young boy, is found covered in saliva and human bite marks. Local detective Ralph Anderson quickly identifies strong evidence pointing to little league coach Terry Maitland, including testimony from multiple witnesses and security camera footage. Ralph, whose own late son was coached by Terry, is enraged, and has him publicly arrested at a little league game.

Ben Mendelsohn is brilliant and some eps are directed by Jason Bateman, who also stars in it.

Episode 3 starts getting very Steven Kingy with the supernatural getting more prominence, but the story is great so far.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tried watching The New Pope....last one episode a 3 mins of another.

Boring as fuck.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just like watching documentaries at the moment , weather it be crime or whatever.. find them interesting, More knowledge to load the brain up on. Some interesting facts, some just useless lol, but good all the same.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just started watching Avenue 5. It's a Sci-fi comedy with Hugh Laurie in it, pretty funny (if you like Sci-Fi), it is about a space ship cruiser that goes off course and the voyage goes from about 3 weeks to 3 years.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just started watching Avenue 5. It's a Sci-fi comedy with Hugh Laurie in it, pretty funny (if you like Sci-Fi), it is about a space ship cruiser that goes off course and the voyage goes from about 3 weeks to 3 years.
Watched the first 3 episodes so far. I'm enjoying it but the episodes feel so short. I love that they take the piss out of his House accent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone watching The Outsider on Poxtel?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outsider_(miniseries)
In Cherokee City, Georgia, the mutilated corpse of Frank Peterson, a young boy, is found covered in saliva and human bite marks. Local detective Ralph Anderson quickly identifies strong evidence pointing to little league coach Terry Maitland, including testimony from multiple witnesses and security camera footage. Ralph, whose own late son was coached by Terry, is enraged, and has him publicly arrested at a little league game.

Ben Mendelsohn is brilliant and some eps are directed by Jason Bateman, who also stars in it.

Episode 3 starts getting very Steven Kingy with the supernatural getting more prominence, but the story is great so far.
Didn't realise this is out. Watched the trailer a while back. Looks really good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Netflix want to give Lucifer a 6th season :smilingimp::smilingimp::smilingimp:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Netflix want to give Lucifer a 6th season :smilingimp::smilingimp::smilingimp:
I love the show but I honestly think they should just wrap it up in season 5. It has run long enough and it's starting to just tread water.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I love the show but I honestly think they should just wrap it up in season 5. It has run long enough and it's starting to just tread water.
It will be interesting to see how season 5 finishes, they did write it knowing that it would be the final season but Netflix looks to want to cash in considering how popular it is. Hopefully we don't end up with a mess of a season if the writers don't want to do it or half arse it.