Elliott the strongest at the Dogs (according to Lewis)

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need endurance and conditioning not just raw power these days, the better movers in this game are strong after 40-60 mins of playing not just short bursts lol
100.... there has to be a balance... see a lot of strong players who struggle with the fast pace at times

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How original. For a bunch of environmental vandals, you conservatives sure do recycle your fair share of jokes :grinning:
Haha. They need a return and earn for jokes mate

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Elliott's that strong he should be able to hurt blokes in tackles. He should at least be able to hit and drive, instead of his grab and hold style of defence. He tries to be busy in attack but he doesn't have any penetration or an offload, and has plenty of mistakes in him. His mistake rate has gone down late last year to be fair, but that's about the only improvement I've seen. I thought he could develop into a decent edge runner a few years ago, but he didn't kick on. Now he's in the middle and doesn't add much value there IMO. Fingers crossed things will click for him at some stage but he wouldn't have been in my starting 17 for Round 1 if not for RFM's injury.

I haven't fully written him off though. He loves the club, we've put plenty of time into him, and Pay obviously sees something in him. But he's had a long apprenticeship and surely it's this year or never (at the Dogs anyway). I'm hoping that's why we haven't signed him past next year at this stage - give him a couple of months at least to see if he deserves it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha. They need a return and earn for jokes mate
You guys would try to squeeze a few bucks from anything.... I heard the Federal Government is trying to sell Kyoto credits on gumtree.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty good defender, sounds like he's trying to cement his first grade spot, maybe he could develop a fend and offload.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You guys would try to squeeze a few bucks from anything.... I heard the Federal Government is trying to sell Kyoto credits on gumtree.
Hahaha hey, it’s tax free money for the unemployed professional protesters to buy super glue & chains. Win win :grinning:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott cops it on here while other guys like Floptala-Mariner fly under the radar.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty good defender, sounds like he's trying to cement his first grade spot, maybe he could develop a fend and offload.
Who Elliot? Pretty sure he's good in the offload and tackle breaking department. Needs to cut the brain farts and Pay needs to play him in shorter periods because he shits himself under fatigue.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really cant understand the hate for Adam Elliott. He is one of the best trainers in the squad.
I know he has made a few basic errors but tell me a first grader who hasnt.
He puts in at 100% all the time. I dont think that can be said about a few others in the pack.
After Jackson, he will be the first backrower picked.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really cant understand the hate for Adam Elliott. He is one of the best trainers in the squad.
He puts in at 100% all the time. I dont think that can be said about a few others in the pack.
FACT : His hit ups are completely dominated by the opposition defence

FACT : the opposition forwards brush him off with fucking ease when hes trying to tackle. Which makes me seriously doubt hes the strongest in our club probably another PR activity initiated by him

FACT : he only ever makes metres when the rest of our forwards are going good. Hes never a game changer in benefit for us, usually hes a game changer in benefit to the opposition

FACT : He either gives away the stupidest of penalties, or drops the ball, or mindlessly runs over the touch line and fucks things up for us, just as we're getting some momentum.

My Guess : hes a coaches pet that knows how to get on the good side of coaches hes got (hes done this with hasler too not just pay). He purposefully makes himself available for all media to somehow paint hinself as the face of our club so he doesnt get dropped. Fuck the shit **** probably picks up the training cones and does the team washing of training and game day jerseys just so he can stay in the 17

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s just a scapegoat mate. There’s always one with most fans. Unfortunately we can’t have 17 marquee players like some expect but I wish everyone put as much effort in as he does

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
FACT : His hit ups are completely dominated by the opposition defence

FACT : the opposition forwards brush him off with fucking ease when hes trying to tackle

FACT : he only ever makes metres when the rest of our forwards are going good. Hes never a game changer in benefit for us, usually hes a game changer in benefit to the opposition

FACT : He either gives away the stupidest of penalties, or drops the ball, or mindlessly runs over the touch line and fucks things up for us, just as we're getting some momentum.

My Guess : hes a coaches pet that knows how to get on the good side of coaches hes got (hes done this with hasler too not just pay). He purposefully makes himself available for all media to somehow paint hinself as the face of our club so he doesnt get dropped. Fuck the shit **** probably picks up the training cones and does the team washing of training and game day jerseys just so he can stay in the 17
Yes, I can just see two first grade coaches (and Laurie Daley) picking him for first grade because he picks up witches hats

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, I can just see two first grade coaches (and Laurie Daley) picking him for first grade because he picks up witches hats
Laurie Daley????

Absolutely fantastic player but hearing him commentate on fox then coach the blues shows hes fucking clueless.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Laurie Daley????

Absolutely fantastic player but hearing him commentate on fox then coach the blues shows hes fucking clueless.
And Craig Fitzgibbon (rep coaches who picked him)

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot is average. Tries hard and all the rest but if everyone is being honest, they know he's average.

If he could get all those idiotic errors out of his game he would be bearable.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott cops far too much criticism on here. He's not going to be crack into the rep scene anytime soon, but he's consistently played hard when I've seen others checking how long till they can leave the field for a shower. Part of his attitude has meant that he's pushed some passes that weren't on and given out penalties defensively. But it's a symptom of the fact that he hasn't stopped trying.

You either respect him or you don't. So trying to change the opinions of others is as useful as trying to empty a swimming pool with a seive. In the end if the coach picks him in the team and the club gives him contract extensions, all his haters can complain as much as they want. His name will be on the walls of Belmore with all the other proud footballers that have represented our club, while the haters will never be able to make that boast.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He’s just a scapegoat mate. There’s always one with most fans. Unfortunately we can’t have 17 marquee players like some expect but I wish everyone put as much effort in as he does
This hits the nail on the head.
Not the most skilful footballer but effort, attitude and hard work you’d never question. His community work and support for his brother among other things deserve high praise.
And no, I don’t care about his mistake on Mad Monday - his regret is obvious. He’s a good fella. How he goes this year is going to be interesting to watch in terms of staking his claim for a new contract.