Aboringal People are Immune from Migration Laws...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
...even though the bloke in this case was born in New Zealand.

I think this is a bat-shit ruling. It doesn't matter what his ethnicity is... THIS MAN IS A NEW ZEALANDER WITH ABORIGINAL ANCESTRY.

I am in NO WAY saying I have anything against kiwis as I consider @MatstaDogg and @Scoooby to both be my brothers, but this ruling is pathetic. The same goes for this situation if it was Vice Versa... a man born in Australia with New Zealand ancestry is Australian.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...-deported-for-criminal-convictions/ar-BBZRoV7

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL - i was wondering when this one would end up in a thread.

My view is that its an incorrect ruling (and in the end it was 4-3) - ethnicity should be irrelevant to a discussion, even if that ethnicity is indigenous, it should be what passport, or passports you're holding. with one of them, being a native title holder does seem at odds with him being born and raised overseas. He had ample opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship (AFAIK, NZ and PNG both allow dual citizenship for adults).

As an aside - I'm on the fence generally regarding whether a permanent resident should be able to be deported at all. I think i can see both sides of the argument.

Which paper you read will skew your thoughts on what he public think - i've seen comments on both Murdoch papers and in the Guardian - as expected they are pretty polar opposite.

So much for me being being a "fucking (add second insult here) lefty", hey?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I think this is a bat-shit ruling. It doesn't matter what his ethnicity is... THIS MAN IS A NEW ZEALANDER WITH ABORIGINAL ANCESTRY.

I am in NO WAY saying I have anything against kiwis as I consider @MatstaDogg and @Scoooby to both be my brothers, but this ruling is pathetic. The same goes for this situation if it was Vice Versa... a man born in Australia with New Zealand ancestry is Australian.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...-deported-for-criminal-convictions/ar-BBZRoV7
Fair comment.!! and yes Wahesh brothers in arms :p always.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair comment.!! and yes Wahesh brothers in arms :p always.
No matter what happens between Aussies and Kiwis. As soon as there is a threat from intruders, a coalition is formed!

There's nothing better than having a 6"5, 135kg Islander on your side in those situations.

When I was in high school the wogs learned this the hard way.
But I seen them again 2 days later and they were friends with the Islanders!

Smart wog boys. Lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No matter what happens between Aussies and Kiwis. As soon as there is a threat from intruders, a coalition is formed!

There's nothing better than having a 6"5, 135kg Islander on your side in those situations.

Smart wog boys. Lol
Yup we are neighbours, and when it comes to world shit we will always come together an back each other .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fair ruling! They should give him Wahesh’s house.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Hey, leave NZ alone.... my Maori heart wants to deck you now :p

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Smart wog boys. Lol
One of my first gigs was at Mekong Club. I was 6 foot and 160kgs..... my nickname was "baby". So you could imagine the coconuts next to me. I felt bulletproof lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hey, leave NZ alone.... my Maori heart wants to deck you now :p
Habibi I LOVE NZ. 100% I got no problem with it. What I have a problem with is this bloke is a NZ-born person, however he automatically gets Australian citizenship simply because he has Aboriginal heritage. He didn't have to take a citizenship test of anything like that, he simply by-passed that because he's Aboriginal. That's bullshit.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
"Judge somebody on the content of their character, not the colour of their skin"

The ruling from the high court is disgustingly racist. The law should just people based on their actions and now their ancestry.

The entire racism debate is so hypocritical because:

- There are so many accusations of racist (generally from people on the left of politics pointed at people on the right of politics)
- However, it's people on the left of politics generally obsessed with skin colour and ethnicity and constantly talking about it and judging people (particularly white people) for their skin. However, they also judge coloured people by assuming that coloured people are constantly poor defenceless victims (thus denying coloured people their right to free choice and independence).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You generally just can’t claim to be indigenous without being essentially approved by an elder or indigenous council. I wonder who did that

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You generally just can’t claim to be indigenous without being essentially approved by an elder or indigenous council. I wonder who did that
I still don't understand how being aboriginal can have anything to do with being 'accepted' by a tribe or whatever.

Surely being aboriginal means you either have a certain percentage of aboriginal blood or you don't.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still don't understand how being aboriginal can have anything to do with being 'accepted' by a tribe or whatever.

Surely being aboriginal means you either have a certain percentage of aboriginal blood or you don't.
The percentage thing is a bit of a myth.
It’s generally not simple to be accepted and you need proof of family etc.
Are they going to DNA test everyone?
I know well known indigenous people that have got their DNA done with MyHeritage & Ancestory.com and have come back indian, possibly due to how long the tests are able to go back

Wahesh

Reaction score

I agree with that. The was this chick I worked with who said she was a 'proud' Aboriginal woman. It was pathetic. Her only ties to being Aboriginal was her Grandfather. That means that 75% of her heritage was something like Anglo/Irish - she completely ignored this. Her majority heritage was NOT Aboriginal. Everytime she wanted something at work, she would get her way. Being a Government agency, they were scared that if they refused her request, she would play the “Aboriginal” card and complain. I was absolutely disgusted with her actions.

One of the worst things I found out after I had moved on and changed companies is that her position was re-graded from “Manager” to “Director” – meaning she received and instant $40,000 payrise FOR DOING THE SAME JOB.

That’s how pathetic the Government has become. Glad I'm not working there anymore.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know well known indigenous people that have got their DNA done with MyHeritage & Ancestory.com and have come back indian, possibly due to how long the tests are able to go back
I didn't think you could even do a DNA test for "aboriginality" (I think I just made up a word).

SBS/NITV did a story on it after Mark Latham/One Nation was calling for a DNA test for people to prove they were indigenous in order to claim any related benefits etc. Scientists responded by confirming there was no aboriginal genome.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn't think you could even do a DNA test for "aboriginality" (I think I just made up a word).

SBS/NITV did a story on it after Mark Latham/One Nation was calling for a DNA test for people to prove they were indigenous in order to claim any related benefits etc. Scientists responded by confirming there was no aboriginal genome.
Exactly right mate

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
My concern is that it will now become extremely lucrative to suddenly declare yourself as aboriginal (if it isn't already).

Wahesh

Reaction score
My concern is that it will now become extremely lucrative to suddenly declare yourself as aboriginal (if it isn't already).
The chick I work with didn't even look Aboriginal. I reckon if Aboriginal people found out about everything she'd get by claiming this, they'd want to spear her.