News WHY DOGS’ STAR SIGNING WILL KILL IT IN NRL

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St Helens forward Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook has given an insight into the work ethic of Luke Thompson who has signed with Canterbury from next season on a three-year deal.

“I think he can be a success out there,” McCarthy-Scarsbrook told the Out of Your League podcast.

“He’s quick, he’s strong, he’s got nearly half of what rugby league is over there.

“He’s fit as well, he goes a long time and what you don’t see is that he prepares for the game, for a season, for everything tremendously. He’s pinpoint.

“He’ll eat meals, hydrate, he’s bob on with that and I think over there it’ll only kick him on.

“I know Saints did everything to keep him. They wanted to keep him because he’s a phenomenal talent, but at the end of the day when someone knocks at you and throws money at you then … it’s a dream isn’t it?”

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exciting player by the sounds of all reports, think we got a good one here..!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the pressure of all the hype surrounding Thompson doesn't get to him..... Sam Tomkins was hyped up as the "Billy Slater" of Super League and he flopped badly.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the past the forwards from the UK have been pretty successful compared to their backs not so much. I think their best back would of been that player who went to the knights from the UK and looks like joey john's a bit lol he played with joey I think a year or two but was home sick?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
WHY IS THIS IN CAPITALS?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In the past the forwards from the UK have been pretty successful compared to their backs not so much. I think their best back would of been that player who went to the knights from the UK and looks like joey john's a bit lol he played with joey I think a year or two but was home sick?
Brian Carney ?

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope the pressure of all the hype surrounding Thompson doesn't get to him..... Sam Tomkins was hyped up as the "Billy Slater" of Super League and he flopped badly.
Zak Hardaker was hyped as well.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That's bit harsh, Hardaker could play, had plenty of skill, handy goal kicker too, but drugs got the better of him. He seems to have got past that, has been playing well for Wigan and earned a recall to the English team last season.

Go Dogs

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Brian Carney ?
Yep Carney. Backed out of his deal with the Titans.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep Carney. Backed out of his deal with the Titans.

Yeah they were suppose to have him and Steve Turner on the wings in their inaugural season but they both backed out and they ended up with Matt Petersen and Jordan Atkins from memory

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The best back/player from the UK to play over here Is Ellery Hanley.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best back/player from the UK to play over here Is Ellery Hanley.
He was until Terry Lamb fixed him up good and proper
I miss those days when men were men lol
The game has become extremely soft these days.

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Hence Baa had to swiftly yet legally take him out in the 1988 GF :-).
I’ll never forget seeing him stagger off the field in that GF
It was literally game over for poor old Balmain
Great tactical play by the coach

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes true,the drugs and the nightclubs,got the better of him,though,and no one back in England wanted him,because of his track record.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was until Terry Lamb fixed him up good and proper
I miss those days when men were men lol
The game has become extremely soft these days.
Agree. This was the day I became a dogs fan.