Elliott the strongest at the Dogs (according to Lewis)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even if there was no more improvement in Elliott he's still good enough to be in our team. Starting 13 (depends how Stimson goes and if we sign anyone else) or at least making the bench. He's 25 years old so besides leadership qualities and small skills like ball control and not overplaying his hand it's unlikely he'll improve too much more. I really like the comparison to Finucane from a user earlier on because I remember the exact same thing regarding ball control. Elliott is more explosive and Finucane was just solid. At the time, again like Cook, I didn't really mind them leaving. Look how they turned out. Elliott has good attributes and values if we're not looking just at skill which is important in a team (attitude, energy, comradely, etc.). That is why he's a coach favourite.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Being able to move large sums of weights in particular direction is only a component of being a complete NRL footballer.

Most of the best footballers in the last 20 years wouldn't have been the strongest, especially so for backs, but also for forwards.

James Graham at his best was never the strongest (as an example).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Adam Elliott is so alpha he took the h from Chuck Norris' first name.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He could name every element on the periodic table and tell you to get fucked in a dozen different languages.
I'll be surprised if he knows what a periodic table is and Klingon, Furbish, Dothraki and Elvish are not real languages...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Half the names in that article aren't threats on the field. Danny Fualolo while he was here was the strongest in the gym, apparently had some monster lifts for bench press. Didn't seem to help him much come game day...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if he knows what a periodic table is and Klingon, Furbish, Dothraki and Elvish are not real languages...
I bet he could whoop your arse in an academic decathlon!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Half the names in that article aren't threats on the field. Danny Fualolo while he was here was the strongest in the gym, apparently had some monster lifts for bench press. Didn't seem to help him much come game day...
Lifting is one thing, footy knowledge is another. If only Fualalo gave Tolman some of that strength.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you got it.
Done.

In all seriousness I like Sweet Caroline. I see him as a modern day Simon Gillies and the type of player you want in your finals team merely for the fact the guy throws everything into anything when it matters.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Done.

In all seriousness I like Sweet Caroline. I see him as a modern day Simon Gillies and the type of player you want in your finals team merely for the fact the guy throws everything into anything when it matters.
Agreed. I obviously exaggerate his powers for the sake of having a laugh, but he really is underrated on here. He’s a good club man, always puts in the effort and while he has a few mistakes in his game, he can be very effective.

He was playing really good footy at the back end of last year. I hope he can pick up where he left off.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed. I obviously exaggerate his powers for the sake of having a laugh, but he really is overrated on here, he's even shitter than what people rate him. He’s an annoying attention whore and suck up who tries to make himself the face of the bulldogs, always puts in the effort but dominated by the opposition in everything he attempts to do and has loads of mistakes in his game, he can be very effective for the opposition

He was playing really good footy at the back end of last year when he was injured and wasn't on the field. I hope he can pick up where he left off.

Fixed it for you

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott is an animal if you go back and watch the Eels vs Bulldogs game at Bankwest you will see him at his best.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is Lewis the only player that does media?