Official Bulldogs squad ready to unleash in Perth at NRL Nines

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another poor squad. It would be nice if Dogs took it half serious and try win it and in the process install confidence pre season and not the last 6 rounds of the year.
And get most of our squad injured?? It would be suicide naming our most important players now. Most clubs are not taking this seriously anyway. For all we know, we may win the damn thing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Missing Dallin, Reimis, Hopoate, Lewis, Tolman, JMK (injury), Napa, Jackson (injury), Elliott, RFM (injury), Toomaga and possibly Katoa (depending whether he'll make the 17 when everyone is fit). Marschke at hooker is disappointing.
Only DWZ, Reimis and maybe Hoppa would have made the team better. The rest of those aren't really suited to Nines.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And get most of our squad injured?? It would be suicide naming our most important players now. Most clubs are not taking this seriously anyway. For all we know, we may win the damn thing.
And players cant get injured at Training aka Ryan James, im sick of that poor excuse

Have u even seen the other squads lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And players cant get injured at Training aka Ryan James, im sick of that poor excuse

Have u even seen the other squads lol.
I know the Panthers have almost their full NRL team playing. They haven't brought back a legend either. I think "most clubs" is accurate tho.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know the Panthers have almost their full NRL team playing. They haven't brought back a legend either.
Broncos team is massive including most of their big boppers
Taumalolo and company For Cowboys
Panthers have a brilliant squad
Titans even have Arrow Taylor Peachey snd other top players.

I just personally believe 9s is best opportunity to team bond, go crazy get confidence pre season and when u throw in juniors like Tass Averillo Wakeham etc with the star players we have, we had the potential to cause some damage and unearth a star for once.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
great looking squad! alot of speed to burn!! No Crichton??
I would say Crichton is finished at Canterbury and won't play another game. Not like anything is wrong with him, he's just fell off the pecking order and doesn't offer anything extraordinary.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would have been nice to see Lachlan Lewis at the Nines, I wonder if the extra space may help stimulate his running game.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Broncos team is massive including most of their big boppers
Taumalolo and company For Cowboys
Panthers have a brilliant squad
Titans even have Arrow Taylor Peachey snd other top players.

I just personally believe 9s is best opportunity to team bond, go crazy get confidence pre season and when u throw in juniors like Tass Averillo Wakeham etc with the star players we have, we had the potential to cause some damage and unearth a star for once.
I would personally play our best team and I'd think all players would want to play (even if it's "just the 9's"). I see why they don't tho.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Excited to see how Meaney, Averillo, Wakeham, Tass and Odo go. But is Topine injured ? Was really hoping he would get a run.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its being televised on Fox sports

Btw just realised, teams play 2 games only in prelim rounds. They don't even get to play each team in their group. What a joke.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The whole concept is a joke. Teams are playing there veterans (dogs included). One team is playing an ex AFL player
Whats the point except an opportunity to get injured.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think the squads that bad tbh. Only one I would of liked to see is topine.
The rest of squad will get game time over the two trial games we have against raiders and sharks.
It’s probably our best 9’s team. Are we forgetting haslers shit teams already?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think the squads that bad tbh. Only one I would of liked to see is topine.
The rest of squad will get game time over the two trial games we have against raiders and sharks.
It’s probably our best 9’s team. Are we forgetting haslers shit teams already?
That’s the thing selecting more players from the top 30 doesn’t necessarily mean it will be a better Nines side. If some of the young players like Averillo and Wakeham fire I give them a outside chance of getting through.

The problem is with the stupid 2 game format is if you lose the first game it’s very hard to get through and our first game is against Shaun Johnson and the Nines is the only thing he shows up for.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have announced their squad for this week's Perth Nines, with Corey Harawira-Naera leading an exciting mix of experience and talented youngsters.

New recruits Dean Britt and Joe Stimson will get to run out in Bulldogs colours for the first time in the Tournament, while former Bulldog great Andrew 'Bobcat' Ryan will help mentor a group of forwards that includes Ofahiki Ogden and Chris Smith.

Amongst the backs, speedsters Jayden Okunbor and Nick Meaney will provide pace from the back, while Fijian International Brandon Wakeham will complement the experience of Kerrod Holland and the highly rated Morgan Harper.

In a group of promising youngsters, much attention will focus on talented outside backs Jake Averillo and Isaiah Tass who have both been touted to have bright futures.

No.
2020 NRL Nines Squad
1. Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Kerrod Holland
4. Morgan Harper
5. Jack Cogger
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeman
8. Dean Britt
9. Ben Marschke
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Corey Harawira-Naera
12. Chris Smith
13. Joe Stimson
14. Andrew Ryan
15. Kayne Kalache
16. Toa Mata'afa
17. Isaiah Tass
19. Bailey Biondi-Odo

2020 NRL Nines (Pool 2)

Bulldogs
Dragons
Eels
Sharks
Friday February 14
5:20PM AWST: Bulldogs vs Eels

Saturday February 15
12:00PM AWST: Bulldogs vs Sharks

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/02/10/bulldogs-unleash-2020-nrl-nines-squad
I know it’s only the Nines but this squad shows plenty of intent from Dean Pay that he is serious about blooding some exciting talent for the upcoming season. I like the look of this squad with all the young ones in it like BBO, Tass, Averillo, Kalache, Wakeham and Marschke in the squad. Very much anticipating watching these good prospects rip in!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant wait to see Averillo and BBO go around... WHERE THE HEK IS M.DOOREY?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
thoughts on the jersey?

View attachment 13079
I am really happy we are back playing some footy, and I try always to be positive but,...that jersey is piss poor. Seriously, if you dont have something different that says "wow" stick to what works as a guideline. It looks like something a trendy dog walking mob would have as a uniform.