Bulldogs make grand final hero Gearin life member

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve played nice for the last 2 years..!! Wait until the next person makes an error, I will
Be all over it an i have a free pass to do so now.. you all better watch it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: even you mr Hmoon, and I’m one of your biggest fans lol.

lol I made a bad one the other day and it got picked up pretty quick... so you may be waiting a while for the next :laughing:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As a sidenote... @Scoooby and @DinkumDog, your avatars are of completely different nature to the gracious Bulldogs, but I keep getting you 2 guys mixed up looking at them at a glance lol.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a sidenote... @Scoooby and @DinkumDog, your avatars are of completely different nature to the gracious Bulldogs, but I keep getting you 2 guys mixed up looking at them at a glance lol.
Well I won’t be changing mine unless we sign the fox lol.. sure Dinkumdog will be keeping his too.. just have to pay closer attention Wahesh lol.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were 40 years ahead of the times, tries like that never happened those days
Today we see lots of tries from kicks that are practiced 100s of times
That was ad-lib one chance in 100 of working
Total brilliance
And I saw it happen

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Steve was one of my favorite players late 70's early 80's until he found himself wearing a Dragons Jersey. I remember his first game for the dragons against the Dogs. He was setting up for a kick at goal from right in front, he could have thrown the ball over. But he shanked the kick from right in front to the delight, laughter and cheers of the Bulldogs crowd at Belmore that day. I still remember the chant that must of echoed through ears as he lined up his kick......Wally legs, twinkle toes, fall down and break your nose :grinning: Ahhh the memories. But for the life of me I can't remember who one that day.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Steve was one of my favorite players late 70's early 80's until he found himself wearing a Dragons Jersey. I remember his first game for the dragons against the Dogs. He was setting up for a kick at goal from right in front, he could have thrown the ball over. But he shanked the kick from right in front to the delight, laughter and cheers of the Bulldogs crowd at Belmore that day. I still remember the chant that must of echoed through ears as he lined up his kick......Wally legs, twinkle toes, fall down and break your nose :grinning: Ahhh the memories. But for the life of me I can't remember who one that day.
It was actually "lolly legs" and the result, if I remember rightly, was we won 10 to 6 and the crowd was pretty big too as it was on Easter Monday. I seem to recall that Opie scored the winning try.

Go Dogs

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
gee, glad they didn't rush into that decision. :tonguewink:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recalled Steve Gearin winning a Mazda rx7 on channel 7. Think it was rex mossop's show, his player of the year award.
Now that was a decent prize for those days.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to the old Steve G,well deserved
I’ll never forget seeing that special try live at the SCG
He would turn up to Belmore SG in his RX7 along with his perfect hair do which didn’t seem to falter during the games either lol
A tidy little player with a fantastic boot and total gentleman off the field.
One of many great players throughout that eighties domination.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awesome try but probably my favourite part was Greg Brentnalls pin point bomb while in full stride almost from the 50..

SG also scored a great try in the 79 Gf that Saints led 17-2 before our second half comeback nearly got us home..(17-13)

Unfortunately Stevie only kicked 2/5 that day but as Dr George said "1980 will be the year of the Bulldog"

God I loved him as our captain.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve was my mates teacher at high school and my mate who has no idea about footy always says he was such a good bloke. I had to try and explain to him why he’s such a big deal for us bulldogs supporters haha