When are Sydney water going to call off the hounds?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warragamba now over 60% I'm washing my car with the hose baby.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully its lifted soon, so much shit I want to do at home that requires a hose.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Plus the Desal plant, around 15% of the drinking water. It shuts off when Dam levels are 70%. I know there are experts on this that say that’s enough but would love to know why. Should be based on weather patterns coming up. If you know there will be a dry year and we at say 70%, maybe keep it on?
I don't mind this idea, I am not that educated on the subject though. I remember reading somewhere that the desalination plant takes months or something to actually get going? The thing must cost heaps to run or something.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got the hang of quick showers, keeps the rates down but the grass is gunna be outta control

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind this idea, I am not that educated on the subject though. I remember reading somewhere that the desalination plant takes months or something to actually get going? The thing must cost heaps to run or something.
Seen the Gold Coast desal plant off of Tugan?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Coast_Desalination_Plant

ROI on this rusting elephant is atrocious. Lucky it's only paid for by tax-payers and rate-payers .. investors would never accept such waste!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Water restrictions would not be needed if all future houses are built standard with a grey water recycling system and rain water tanks. The amounts of water we all use on showers and washing (clothes and dishes) is enormous and we could effectively re-use 80% of it. They should also be built standard with a solar system. I don't understand why we are so backwards as country sometimes. With the amounts of solar energy this land receives daily its stupid we don't take advantage of it.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Water restrictions would not be needed if all future houses are built standard with a grey water recycling system and rain water tanks. The amounts of water we all use on showers and washing (clothes and dishes) is enormous and we could effectively re-use 80% of it. They should also be built standard with a solar system. I don't understand why we are so backwards as country sometimes. With the amounts of solar energy this land receives daily its stupid we don't take advantage of it.
I think rain water tanks are compulsory for new builds nowadays.. but time to look into it more depth. Should do solar panels as well.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sydney water call off the hounds. They put the level 2 restrictions in ahead of time... Now at 70% they wanna bank the water?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a comment from Sydney water saying they are unlikely to go to level 3 water restrictions?? What? How about scrap them altogether.

Keep that desalination plant going and let people use their water

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
leave them on level 2 for a year then drop them back. we need to condition people

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck me @Blue_boost we have been on level 4 restrictions where I live. You'll end up having a stroke if you are so worried about level 2 restrictions, imagine if you were on 4.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
3 big branded smart TV
4 his lawn
5 his chastity belt
Yeah i realised after posting its more than 2 things.

But the 2 I posted are at the top of his list.
Do you think boosty has pictures of himself all over his house?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah i realised after posting its more than 2 things.

But the 2 I posted are at the top of his list.
Do you think boosty has pictures of himself all over his house?
Yep, along with a lot of van damme posters with his face superimposed over van damme's