Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Football Club Board Election Result

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Instead of signing Stimson ,Britt, Meaney, cogger, cricton, sue,napa. Hell even Thompson, ,dwz and Chn even though there good players. I would have looked to haved signed a quality 5/8 and halfback. We passed on both Shaun Johnson and Corey Norman. Even Aiden Sezer would have been better then what we have. We fucking signed Napa at the same time Johnson was available. Fucking madness.
Interesting.

Shaun Johnson - the same one that had a dud year at Cronulla last year?
Corey Norman - who was a disaster at Parramatta, though admittedly has gone slightly better at the Dragons?
Aiden Sezer - we let him go to Canberra and obviously didn't want him back. Even his own club didn't want him and he's gone to England.

We signed a prop when a prop left the club. How would signing a half have helped that?

Also have you considered that we didn't make the 8 in 2017 under the old coach and management? Just it seems like you've got it in for this management so I thought I'd point that out. Madness indeed.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine TK if we had of signed Johnson to a big money deal with the shit he dealt up last year at the Sharks, might’ve finally been the thing that made the site crash and burn.
100% Meltdown.. Has never been consistent and will struggle again at Dudulla.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are doing an ok job and getting the necessary foundations/culture in place they deserved to be re elected by the end of the next term some on field success so the ball is in their court now.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Instead of signing Stimson ,Britt, Meaney, cogger, cricton, sue,napa. Hell even Thompson, ,dwz and Chn even though there good players. I would have looked to haved signed a quality 5/8 and halfback. We passed on both Shaun Johnson and Corey Norman. Even Aiden Sezer would have been better then what we have. We fucking signed Napa at the same time Johnson was available. Fucking madness.
You don't make a very compelling argument using Shaun Johnson as an example.. and you do realize that a number of cheaper players were required to fill a top 30 not Just one player on mega dollars..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sooooooooooooo glad your not in charge of recruitment!!!!!!!! How did Johnson and the sharks do last year? Lol

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sooooooooooooo glad your not in charge of recruitment!!!!!!!! How did Johnson and the sharks do last year? Lol
Morris is a shocking coach, doesn’t help

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course it’s not easy but it’s not impossible. It’s almost 6 months since KIA downgraded and they aren’t getting any closer to getting one. It’s a concern.
Sorry to ask the obvious question, exactly how do you know that they aren’t any closer to signing a front of jersey advertiser/sponsor? Because the board aren’t blabbing about it in the press? As recent events (Thompson) and not so recent (DWZ) prove we will find out about it in due course, when the deal is done and the contract is signed. Until then I expect to hear nothing specific which is as it should be.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to ask the obvious question, exactly how do you know that they aren’t any closer to signing a front of jersey advertiser/sponsor? Because the board aren’t blabbing about it in the press? As recent events (Thompson) and not so recent (DWZ) prove we will find out about it in due course, when the deal is done and the contract is signed. Until then I expect to hear nothing specific which is as it should be.

Go Dogs
I asked a few questions today and got told it’s been difficult. So no it’s not because they aren’t talking to the press.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Steady as she goes my arse. We haven't even looked like making the top 8 not once under there watch. Let alone a top 4. Time is running out for this mob. Deliver or see you later at the next elections.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well congrats to the board and good luck to them taking us into the future.
I think they have been making steady progress so far and got us back on track in regards to the cap which is massive in my opinion
In saying that there is still plenty to do and would think that the next 2 years are probably one of the most important periods in our history
A major sponsor plus several signatures for 2021 would be key.
Anyway I’m quietly confident

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnson, Norman and Sezer are just examples. I believe even Matt Moylan and Mitchell Peacre were two others that have changed clubs recently. Both former origins havles. Even Blake Green is another example. All these havles are light years ahead all of the havles we currently have. In terms of both skill and experience.

You say a prop left so we needed to replace him with another prop. So we don't need a quality half is that you a saying? We could have very easily replaced klemmer in house and just made do with the props we already have. If you haven't noticed props don't win you footy games. Quality havles do.

Are you happy with Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham as our havles? No point even mentioning Foran.

Interesting.

Shaun Johnson - the same one that had a dud year at Cronulla last year?
Corey Norman - who was a disaster at Parramatta, though admittedly has gone slightly better at the Dragons?
Aiden Sezer - we let him go to Canberra and obviously didn't want him back. Even his own club didn't want him and he's gone to England.

We signed a prop when a prop left the club. How would signing a half have helped that?

Also have you considered that we didn't make the 8 in 2017 under the old coach and management? Just it seems like you've got it in for this management so I thought I'd point that out. Madness indeed.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the names you just mentioned , thank what ever God everyone believes in you have no input into recruitment.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Johnson, Norman and Sezer are just examples. I believe even Matt Moylan and Mitchell Peacre were two others that have changed clubs recently. Both former origins havles. Even Blake Green is another example. All these havles are light years ahead all of the havles we currently have. In terms of both skill and experience.

You say a prop left so we needed to replace him with another prop. So we don't need a quality half is that you a saying? We could have very easily replaced klemmer in house and just made do with the props we already have. If you haven't noticed props don't win you footy games. Quality havles do.

Are you happy with Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham as our havles? No point even mentioning Foran.
Moylan has been absolutely abhorrent for the Sharks, biggest waste of money since we spunked our dosh on Foz.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Glad your not running the club... Your gonna look at bit silly over the next year or two when we're kicking asses again!!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

I guess the fastest response I can provide you is that I’m happier with who we have than any of the players you’ve mentioned for various reasons. But equally importantly it seems you’re overlooking the reality of who we were actually able to recruit in 2018/19 due to severe salary cap restrictions where many of our squad simply had to be younger / lower paid players due to poorly managed recruitment decisions prior (yes, including Foran). I’m assuming of course you’re not with the crowd who say the cap reason was an excuse of the board (as some charge), but you might be and if so you’re entitled to a view I’ll never agree with.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess we will agree to disagree. I just think as soon they got into power fixing the spine should have been there number priority. The Britt and Stimpson signings are head scratches when we have a million backrowers. Why waste money on them.
I guess the fastest response I can provide you is that I’m happier with who we have than any of the players you’ve mentioned for various reasons. But equally importantly it seems you’re overlooking the reality of who we were actually able to recruit in 2018/19 due to severe salary cap restrictions where many of our squad simply had to be younger / lower paid players due to poorly managed recruitment decisions prior (yes, including Foran). I’m assuming of course you’re not with the crowd who say the cap reason was an excuse of the board (as some charge), but you might be and if so you’re entitled to a view I’ll never agree with.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steady as she goes my arse. We haven't even looked like making the top 8 not once under there watch. Let alone a top 4. Time is running out for this mob. Deliver or see you later at the next elections.
If you want long term success you have to plan long term and you can't do that if you're continually changing your board. This board has overseen a steadying of your ship and have judged and rewarded with a no challenge re-election. Now they are in a position to plan for the next 3-4 years and you should allow them that opportunity and then judge them again.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I guess we will agree to disagree. I just think as soon they got into power fixing the spine should have been there number priority. The Britt and Stimpson signings are head scratches when we have a million backrowers. Why waste money on them.
We released players too and need a balanced squad of 30. If there were quality halves in the market at a price we could afford they were spoken to. No point rushing in to get someone like big average Sezer when we have good young halves coming through

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, agree to disagree. I think Stimson will turn out to be a quality signing.

I wasn’t a huge fan of extending Chris Smith and we’ll see about Britt but you need depth and neither would be on big dollars. Further, we released Danny F and RFM is proving to be injury prone.

Last edited: