Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Football Club Board Election Result

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Voting today at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Board Elections held before the Annual General Meeting at the Canterbury League Club has resulted in the following Directors being elected to serve for the next two years:

• Lynne Anderson (Chair)
• John Ballesty (Deputy Chair)
• Adrian Turner
• John Khoury
• Joseph Thomas
• Paul Dunn
• Peter Mortimer

The only change to the Board from the one that has served for the past two years is Adrian Turner replacing Steve Mortimer OAM who announced in the lead-in to the AGM that he was standing down from the Board at the completion of his current term.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very good result

Watch out for the usual culprits this evening

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Never in doubt

Excellent result for the club

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There really wasn’t going to be any other result but it’s great for stability. The last thing we needed was another board coming in and starting off at square one again.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Paul Dunn. Buttons please!
Voting today at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Board Elections held before the Annual General Meeting at the Canterbury League Club has resulted in the following Directors being elected to serve for the next two years:

• Lynne Anderson (Chair)
• John Ballesty (Deputy Chair)
• Adrian Turner
• John Khoury
• Joseph Thomas
• Paul Dunn
• Peter Mortimer

The only change to the Board from the one that has served for the past two years is Adrian Turner replacing Steve Mortimer OAM who announced in the lead-in to the AGM that he was standing down from the Board at the completion of his current term.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There wasn’t much gossip at the AGM and everything has pretty much been said already over the last few months.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Turvey bleeds blue and white. Can someone please advise if he's still involved in the club in some capacity?

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
Turvey bleeds blue and white. Can someone please advise if he's still involved in the club in some capacity?
No he is not due to his health issues his brother peter taken his spot

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be good for stability but I kind of agree with the comment I read on here by someone else a few months ago. It would be good if we were so successful and popular that we had a heap of well connected business people wanting to be on our board and that would equal more sponsors. Surely we all want that in future. I was kind of disappointed that we didn't have more applications for this election.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would have been nice to hear something about the major sponsor...
Sure - and no doubt among the higher priorities. With Thommo in the bag and some positive press hopefully that adds to the momentum but apart from us specifically I still see the economy overall a major challenge. Getting organisations to part with large discretionary dollars right now is no easy task.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure - and no doubt among the higher priorities. With Thommo in the bag and some positive press hopefully that adds to the momentum but apart from us specifically I still see the economy overall a major challenge. Getting organisations to part with large discretionary dollars right now is no easy task.
Of course it’s not easy but it’s not impossible. It’s almost 6 months since KIA downgraded and they aren’t getting any closer to getting one. It’s a concern.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Without a viable contender they were always going to get this term and this one will be what they're judged upon.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steady as she goes my arse. We haven't even looked like making the top 8 not once under there watch. Let alone a top 4. Time is running out for this mob. Deliver or see you later at the next elections.
Steady as she goes Spoonman...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Steady as she goes my arse. We haven't even looked like making the top 8 not once under there watch. Let alone a top 4. Time is running out for this mob. Deliver or see you later at the next elections.
Interesting viewpoint. If time is running out for them why were they just re-elected unchallenged? What would you have done differently given the situation they inherited?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of signing Stimson ,Britt, Meaney, cogger, cricton, sue,napa. Hell even Thompson, ,dwz and Chn even though there good players. I would have looked to haved signed a quality 5/8 and halfback. We passed on both Shaun Johnson and Corey Norman. Even Aiden Sezer would have been better then what we have. We fucking signed Napa at the same time Johnson was available. Fucking madness.
Interesting viewpoint. If time is running out for them why were they just re-elected unchallenged? What would you have done differently given the situation they inherited?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Instead of signing Stimson ,Britt, Meaney, cogger, cricton, sue,napa. Hell even Thompson, ,dwz and Chn even though there good players. I would have looked to haved signed a quality 5/8 and halfback. We passed on both Shaun Johnson and Corey Norman. Even Aiden Sezer would have been better then what we have. We fucking signed Napa at the same time Johnson was available. Fucking madness.
Imagine TK if we had of signed Johnson to a big money deal with the shit he dealt up last year at the Sharks, might’ve finally been the thing that made the site crash and burn.

On his day, I love watching him carve up but they’re few and far between...IMO

I thought Sezer could’ve been worth a short term deal, but there’s obvious history with him and the club.

I do agree that we’re desperate for a gun 6/7/9 though...