There is No God.. ?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah this. I’m an atheist, but have no issues with people believing want they want to believe. Each to there own.
I even send my kids to a private Christian school and they can make up their own minds as they grow up. I won’t try and influence them.
My kids don't attend Christian school
But I agree with you.
I allow my children to make up their own mind.
I do not influence them nor do I discouraged any of their own thoughts.

I honestly think a person who has faith are fortunate to have that believe.

I wish I had a god in my life sometimes.

My brain just doesn't think that way.
I'm an atheist and will always be an atheist.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I realize this is a touchy subject for you coach and it seems you have a bee in your bonnet, but who are you trying to convince??? Me our You??? I now leave you with this one final thought. In the end we all reap what we sow. Good luck to you coach and go the Doggies :grinning:
Another good reply
Lol
I showed evidence that it’s not a documentary
And you tell me I have demons
Bahahahaha
If you believe in god, that’s perfectly fine mate!! Up to you
But when you try to tell people that a fictional drama movie is a documentary and all facts, to push your beleifs when it’s states on that movie it’s a FICTIONAL DRAMA and you still won’t accept your wrong, well that’s another kettle of fish

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another good reply
Lol
Bahahahaha
But when you try to tell people that a fictional drama movie is a documentary and all facts, to push your beleifs when it’s states on that movie it’s a FICTIONAL DRAMA and you still won’t accept your wrong, well that’s another kettle of fish
images.jpeg

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was raised religious but now consider myself a man of science (kind of hard not to, in my line of work), but I’ll never understand religious people trying to convince others that their god is real or non-religious people trying to convince others that their god isn’t.
Who gives a fuck ? Let people believe what they want.
Besides, what’s wrong with a generation of people believing it’s not ok to kill, steal, cheat or lie? If people are committed to behaving like that, I don’t care what their reasons are.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe there is a God. The world and all in it is too complex, intricate, amazing, to be an accident.

But i do not commit to what form that God takes or what religion is "correct" about it. I do not believe in churches at all. They are all businesses imo. A good place to be social sure, and you dont have to donate, but fundamentally most churches are a business. I dont believe you need to attend a church to be closer to your God or to get into "heaven", whatever that is for you.

I believe all you can do is be the best person you can be and dont do bad shit, and that should suit any real God.
Probably the post in this thread that I relate to most.

Personally the thing that troubles me most about religion and the various churches is that frequently some absolute chunks of shit float their way into the highest positions. I get the idea that we as a species are given enough rope to hang ourselves. But it troubles me that if a god actually exists, that he'd allow so many different groups professing to lead us to a higher place, to go so astray.

I think that historically, religion was a tool forged to keep the impoverished and down trodden in line. If you have no hope of earning a better afterlife, you will eventually find the courage to take down those who keep their foot on your neck. So I look at the fact that religion tells people that our time on earth is virtually a test of our faith and ability to behave in spite of the fact that some people have glittering lives of plenty, while far more people are struggling to get by as still being a tool.

I'd love to have faith. It's a comforting idea for me. I personally try to do right by those around me. But it's difficult to have faith when I see that religious organisations can have strong leanings towards evil just judging by the people who rise to leadership positions.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another good reply
Lol
Bahahahaha
The only evidence you have shown coach is a lack of understanding and comprehension of the English language and the ability to chase your own tail. Hey but thanks coach after reading your post and your continuous blah blah blah I've come to the conclusion that some mothers do have'em and I have absolutely no wish to continue this back and forth with you. I liken this experience to masturbating with a cheese grater, slightly amusing but mostly painful and a waste of my time. Be Well Coach :grinning:

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I was trolled hard on facebook, called a Bible basher an idiot etc for this comment I made in relation to the article below

My comment:

"Its ironic for a scientist of his calibre to conclude that God doesn't exist based on a non scientific reason"

I was unsatisfied with Stephen Hawking claiming that God and heaven don't exist based on simply comparing our brain to a computer..This is not science

He states:

As for life after death, Hawking told the Guardian he believes the brain is like a computer that will simply shut off.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this away from the fuckheads on Facebook..

Admins If this is not suitable I apologise but I have faith in our members to keep this intellectual

The Article

Stephen Hawking didn't believe he'd go to heaven, a place for 'people afraid of the dark'
March 15, 2019 by Ashley May, Usa Today
World-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking, who died March 14, 2018,, didn't believe in God and called heaven "a fairy story."

Hawking, who died at 76, wrote "there is no God" in his final, posthumous book "Brief Answers to the Big Questions." He also wrote that "no one directs the universe." It wasn't the first time Hawking rejected the idea of a higher power. He had disputed the existence of God for years before his death.

"The question is: Is the way the universe began chosen by God for reasons we can't understand, or was it determined by a law of science? I believe the second," Hawking said on the TV show Genius of Britain, the Telegraph cites. "If you like, you can call the laws of science 'God', but it wouldn't be a personal God that you could meet, and ask questions."

In his 2010 book "The Grand Design," Hawking and co-author Leonard Mlodinow credit "spontaneous creation" with the reason for existence, writing "it is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

As for life after death,
Stephen Hawking didn't believe he'd go to heaven, a place for 'people afraid of the dark'
March 15, 2019 by Ashley May, Usa Today
World-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking, who died March 14, 2018,, didn't believe in God and called heaven "a fairy story."

Hawking, who died at 76, wrote "there is no God" in his final, posthumous book "Brief Answers to the Big Questions." He also wrote that "no one directs the universe." It wasn't the first time Hawking rejected the idea of a higher power. He had disputed the existence of God for years before his death.

"The question is: Is the way the universe began chosen by God for reasons we can't understand, or was it determined by a law of science? I believe the second," Hawking said on the TV show Genius of Britain, the Telegraph cites. "If you like, you can call the laws of science 'God', but it wouldn't be a personal God that you could meet, and ask questions."

In his 2010 book "The Grand Design," Hawking and co-author Leonard Mlodinow credit "spontaneous creation" with the reason for existence, writing "it is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

As for life after death, Hawking told the Guardian he believes the brain is like a computer that will simply shut off.

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark," he told the Guardian.

Hawking lived with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's Disease that impacts movement, and used a wheelchair most of his adult life. He was diagnosed with the neurological disease at 21 and was given only years to live.

He was best known for his discoveries involving black holes, his best-selling book "A Brief History of Time" and his dry wit. He was also candid about his theories on the future of life on Earth, saying the planet could turn into a "ball of fire" within a few hundred years and artificial intelligence could wipe out the human race.

(c)2019 USA Today
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark," he told the Guardian.

Hawking lived with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's Disease that impacts movement, and used a wheelchair most of his adult life. He was diagnosed with the neurological disease at 21 and was given only years to live.

He was best known for his discoveries involving black holes, his best-selling book "A Brief History of Time" and his dry wit. He was also candid about his theories on the future of life on Earth, saying the planet could turn into a "ball of fire" within a few hundred years and artificial intelligence could wipe out the human race.

(c)2019 USA Today
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
There has been a shift away from religion since my early teens and as individuals we have the right to form our own opinions. Now just because Stephen Hawking was a non believer it doesn't make it so. As my Nana says the Devil has come for his own......and when you stop and look at life these days, I dare say she is not wrong in her assessment. Life and society are changing rapidly and not necessarily for the better. I agree with Hawking that the brain in it's final moments shuts down like a computer but I choose to believe that our consciousness in this case our soul, the very essences of who we are lives on. Keep your chin up wolfie we will all face the truth sooner or later, God Bless
Until the day I die, I will be a practicing Catholic, however I respect everyone for who they are, and not their faith.

Not only was I brought up this way, but I have studied Catholicism and read about too many miracles that defy logic and science. There IS God, and he IS great. Whether you chose to believe or not however is NOT the issue. The issue is that people are too arrogant to accept it, or too lazy to research into it. I have also seen and experienced things that defy logic in the beautiful Middle East. Lebanon is on of the smallest nations on Earth, but on my most recent trip there...

Believe, don't believe, just don't be ignorant about it and fight off saying it doesn't happen when it does.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was raised religious but now consider myself a man of science (kind of hard not to, in my line of work), but I’ll never understand religious people trying to convince others that their god is real or non-religious people trying to convince others that their god isn’t.
Who gives a fuck ? Let people believe what they want.
Besides, what’s wrong with a generation of people believing it’s not ok to kill, steal, cheat or lie? If people are committed to behaving like that, I don’t care what their reasons are.
Because there comes a time where we all must be told that Santa, Easter Bunny & Tooth Fairy aren't real or people will keep on believing and dying for their religion in conflicts.

I don't need a God to worship, pray and donate money to, to know whats wrong or right, just saying.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As an atheist, I have never found a logical argument for God. Thus confirming my belief that God does not exist. However, in stating that, I have come to the conclusion that there is no need for a logical argument to prove that there is a God. Rather, it comes down the individual’s personal relationship with God. It’s like someone who is in love, it is feeling, a sense of a connection. One can not see it, one cannot explain it, however, one can surely feel it, and that is how I see people’s relationship with God. A personal relationship between God and his follower, and as such, one for the individual to find their own reason to follow God. As for me, I have not found the love yet!:D

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because there comes a time where we all must be told that Santa, Easter Bunny & Tooth Fairy aren't real or people will keep on believing and dying for their religion in conflicts.

I don't need a God to worship, pray and donate money to, to know whats wrong or right, just saying.
You mean the tooth fairy isn't real, who's been coming into my room evey night to take my meth teeth and leaving me a shiny ¢10 coin in return? :tonguewink:

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to understand where Hawking is coming from. When it comes to science, if something is not falsifiable then it is automatically considered false. In other words, if you can't test if something is true or not, then scientifically it's not true.

So from a science standpoint, God does not exist. But God has never been about science or proof. God's always been about faith and belief.

Another point to raise is the duality of the mind concept. The duality of the mind considered soul (or consciousness/mind) and the brain to be two separate things. So the soul is held in the brain and when the body dies the soul releases.

There's no evidence to support the belief that the duality of the mind is true. It's actually the opposite. We have proven that altering the brain will also alter someone's consciousness. This may be why Hawking says this.

But there are other beliefs when it comes to the brain/mind link. Some believe that the brain is a receptor for the soul or consciousness. So if the brain gets damaged then it can't full access the soul and becomes corrupted. Hence the change in behaviour.

That said, there's no scientific evidence to support this, or the soul's existence in any way.
But God has never been about science or proof. God's always been about faith and belief ?. I believe truly its all brainwashing of children and others who are in a weak state of mind ,but that's my opinion.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But God has never been about science or proof. God's always been about faith and belief ?. I believe truly its all brainwashing of children and others who are in a weak state of mind ,but that's my opinion.
True, to a certain degree. Many religious do that, but not all religious. There are those who don't force it on people through brainwashing. Unfortunately there's also those who do.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not religious but neither do I accept the big bang theory.

As Bill O'Reilly said "it takes more faithto believe this all happened by chance than it does to believe in a deity".

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not religious but neither do I accept the big bang theory.

As Bill O'Reilly said "it takes more faithto believe this all happened by chance than it does to believe in a deity".
Yeah but the fundamental difference is..that Science admits it doesn’t know the full answer and it’s still searching.. where as religious doctrine believes it does have the answer to why everything ‘is’.. And as Dawkin’s points out this is the ‘God Gap’ method..if something can’t be explained it must be God. Slowly over time the ‘God Gap’ has been filled as science discovers the actual reasons why things happen as they do.. That’s what people like Bill O’Reilly doesn’t get..or maybe doesn’t want to get..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but the fundamental difference is..that Science admits it doesn’t know the full answer and it’s still searching.. where as religious doctrine believes it does.. And as Dawkin’s points out this is the ‘God Gap’ method..if something can’t be explained it must be God. Slowly over time the ‘God Gap’ has been filled as science discovers the actual reasons why things happen as they do.. That’s what people like Bill O’Reilly doesn’t get..or maybe doesn’t want to get..
I don't hate science but don't put all my faith in it either.

It wasn't too long ago that experts were saying asbestos is safe and smoking is good for you.