Which team do you hate most?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a special dislike for Canberra - and, like any club I have an issue with, it's because of the attitude and behavior of their fans.
I will never forget or forgive the way they turned up at the game following our being stripped of all points when we were minor premiers in 2002. They had hundreds of metre long wooden spoons that they waved in our faces and chanted what cheats we were.
They had breached the salary cap by $100k when they won their first GF, and $100k was about the equivalent of our breach adjusting for inflation - but the NRL allowed them to keep the trophy and fined them instead. Yet, there they were- laughing in our faces and screaming "cheaters never prosper", waving those spoons for the cameras and having a great old time giving it to us. Hypocrites, and poor sports.
I was there on the day as I live in Canberra.
Us bulldogs fans came out in full force that day and and out voiced the Raiders crowd, it was like it was our home game & I don't think Canberra had ever experienced that before nor will they again.
And I will never forget the ground announcer calling out the Raiders line up by name & in order as they ran out onto the field.
You see, Raiders captain at the time Simon Woolford was interviewed on the news earlier in the week and said that he believed they shouldn't be playing a game against an illegal team & that we shouldn't be allowed to play at all.
So, when Simon Woolford's name was announced as he ran onto the field, he received a barrage of the most deafening round of Boo's I've ever heard. How embarrassing for him at his home ground.
And yes, I felt like sticking those spoons the fans were waving around fair up their A$$.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certain players piss me off and if they joined a team I’d start hating that team.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So after reading all the posts, I think I can safely assume the Cowboys are the least hated team .

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So after reading all the posts, I think I can safely assume the Cowboys are the least hated team .
I reckon Warriors would have to be least or very close to it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Broncos
Roosters
Souths
Melbourne

In that order. The nrl bends over backwards to make sure these 4 clubs are always as successful as they can possibly be and it's an absolute disgrace
"Fuck em to the moon and back" - Isaac Butterfield

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the Eels during the 80s because they were our major rivals. When we shared Belmore with them for a while that sucked - what a bunch of whingers their supporters were. For me it's been the Roosters since around 2002 - they won the comp only after we had all our points stripped then after 2004 they targeted signing our players - Nate Miles, O'Meley, Anasta, SBW, Mason. When playing for the Roosters against us SBW and Mason even seemed to lift their effort like they took extra satisfaction in beating us - that sucked and I'll never forget that. Funny though that now Willie seems to speak more as an ex Dog than ex Rooster.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rooster, South's,Newcastle,Eels and Melbourne..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same Steve - as a kid the main enemy was always the slimy Eels and because of that there’ll always be a bit of feeling but as they were a joke for so many years other rivalries began to take hold.

Manly too - and I used to say I support two teams - the Dogs and anyone who’s playing Manly. The Despot years (especially 2015 onwards when it was clear he was losing it) rekindled my dislike for the peninsula...

I started disliking Soufs when they were punted from the comp and suddenly 100k fairweather fans marched the streets to protest - most of whom were never in the empty stadiums when they were rubbish.

Chooks never really bothered me until I met a bloke one night at ANZ who claimed that he’d ‘never been out this way before’ and ‘I’m actually surprised, it’s not too bad’. That’s when I realised the soy latte brigade and I could never be friends.

And then there’s the 11 other teams who aren’t the Dogs...:-).
Hate Souths for that. Really do. Apparently we're all supposed to look up to them for the support they got. Fuck that. Where were they when they really needed it? Shit club.

Hate Manly. Saints. Tigers. All of them. *****. Every last single one.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I grew up in a NSW town of about 2000 people and 90% of the town supported St George. The shit I copped when St George beat us made them a very easy team to hate, and it's always stuck.
Did most of them sleep with their family members?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I only hate teams when we're against them. I'm a NRL fan as well as a Bulldogs fan (Bulldogs fan first) so I respect all teams and certain players from each. It's usually the successful ones like Roosters and Storm. My Dad goes for the Roosters so there is some banter back and fourth. I have something against Eels too I think that has something to do with when I was younger and my cousin supporting them. You come up against a team and you usually remember at least one bad memory and want to get it over them. That's how I am anyways.
An NRL fan? To fuck with that. What has the NRL done right by us? Constantly fucked us over at every single opportunity. If the Dogs weren't in the NRL I wouldn't watch a game. Wouldn't read anything about it. Fuck the SOO and test matches. Don't understand how anyone could have any love towards the NRL that has singlehandedly fucked us over and over again.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well for me I started following league in 78 so eels, st george & manly were clubs I didnt like. Manly in particular used to buy premierships similar to Roosters now. Hated eels when Dymock, pay, Mccracken & Smith deserted us to go to them. Currently I cant stand the roosters because it is bullshit that they won the last 2 premierships with a compliant salary cap and the nrlol just turn a blind eye to it whilst "enforcing" our misery.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Growing up disliked Eels, Dragons & Manly but that was more because of local rivalry and being successful rivals.

Only discovered true hate later on which was the Roosters first and foremost (no soul, few supporters and treated favourably by NRL and media). Brisbane is a very close no.2.

Didn't mind Souths earlier, but really starting to dislike them recently, with their constant favourable treatment (similar to Roosters). But at the end of the day we can only blame ourselves with that one, after sticking our neck out to save them. That created a lot of NRL & News Limited pain for us. However, I am glad that the Roosters didn't get their hands on Souths' juniors.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When billy slater was still playing it was melbourne, now he has left i have resorted back to the roosters. Souths closely behind these 2.