Movie Discussion

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Da faq??? I NEVER EVEN KNEW THERE WAS ONE :anguished::anguished::anguished::anguished::anguished:
Wahesh, There never should have been

unnamed.jpg

Special Agent Jack Carter is assigned to take down a powerful South African crime family. Carter assumes the identity of Archie Moses, a criminal with crucial ties to the case but more notably the person who accidentally shot him in the head 25 years earlier. When a meeting between two cartel syndicates goes horribly wrong, the real Moses gets unwittingly put in danger. Carter and Moses must figure out how to stay alive while trying to foil an international money laundering scheme.

Being a big fan of the original, I didn't even know this existed until I read about it on here, and I wish I never did.

As a general rule, I don't give up on a movie and see it out until end credits, this being the exception. I made it 25 minutes before throwing in the towel. This pathetic excuse for an attempted cash grab in name only sequel should go down as one of the worst movies ever committed to film.

-100/5

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

View attachment 13020
Special Agent Jack Carter is assigned to take down a powerful South African crime family. Carter assumes the identity of Archie Moses, a criminal with crucial ties to the case but more notably the person who accidentally shot him in the head 25 years earlier. When a meeting between two cartel syndicates goes horribly wrong, the real Moses gets unwittingly put in danger. Carter and Moses must figure out how to stay alive while trying to foil an international money laundering scheme.

Being a big fan of the original, I didn't even know this existed until I read about it on here, and I wish I never did.

As a general rule, I don't give up on a movie and see it out until end credits, this being the exception. I made it 25 minutes before throwing in the towel. This pathetic excuse for an attempted cash grab in name only sequel should go down as one of the worst movies ever committed to film.

-100/5
The trailer was enough for me. And I barely made it through the trailer.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

View attachment 13020

-100/5
I’m not even going to waste my time with this one.... the original was one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen, so a sequel with none of the original cast is an automatic flunk in my books.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not even going to waste my time with this one.... the original was one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen, so a sequel with none of the original cast is an automatic flunk in my books.
Not only without the original cast members, but just look at the replacements. Faizon love looks like he devoured the entire Wayne's clan (along with any catering) and the guy who replaced Sandler looks like a failed hobo prop comic

Wahesh

Reaction score
Getaway

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2167202/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_32

To save his kidnapped wife, Brent Magna must drive at the orders of a mysterious man.

Ok, so I like Ethan Hawke, I LOVE Shelby Cobras, I reckon Selena Gomez got it going, and I love action movies. Throw them altogether and you got... a perfect recipe for disaster.

Seriously I just couldn't find this film THAT exciting. It's got enough in it to keep you watching, but not enough to keep you coming back.

5/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
I, Robot

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343818/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

In 2035, a technophobic cop investigates a crime that may have been perpetrated by a robot, which leads to a larger threat to humanity.

I like this movie. Set in the future, Will Smith plays Del Spooner, an old-school cop investigating a murder that he believes was committed by a robot. The robot murdering it's creator has 'evolved' and begins to think for itself. The rest of the robots also do the same thing and start trying to take down Spooner who attempts to clear them of the evolution virus by wiping out the mainframe CPU while the other robots try to stop him. Spooner does have some help though - Sonny. The very cop that kill the creator the robots, and also attacked Spooner in their first encounter.

Great futuristic film considering it was created in 2004.

8/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
The 15:17 to Paris

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6802308/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Americans discover a terrorist plot on a Paris-bound train.

This movie is more like a documentary on the 2015 Thalys train attack. The 3 Americans (2 of them being soldiers) on board the train stopping the terrorists were played by... themselves. That's right, not actors. The movie begins with a background on how the 3 knew each other from when they were kids until the present day. Going on a holiday around Europe, the men board a train to Paris and stop a terrorist who was hoping to carry out a lone wolf attack. The movie is focused on the relationship of the 3 men more than the actual incident which is what makes it unique. A great film though, well worth the watch. There was also great acting by 3 men... who weren't really actors!

9/10

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I, Robot

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343818/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

In 2035, a technophobic cop investigates a crime that may have been perpetrated by a robot, which leads to a larger threat to humanity.

I like this movie. Set in the future, Will Smith plays Del Spooner, an old-school cop investigating a murder that he believes was committed by a robot. The robot murdering it's creator has 'evolved' and begins to think for itself. The rest of the robots also do the same thing and start trying to take down Spooner who attempts to clear them of the evolution virus by wiping out the mainframe CPU while the other robots try to stop him. Spooner does have some help though - Sonny. The very cop that kill the creator the robots, and also attacked Spooner in their first encounter.

Great futuristic film considering it was created in 2004.

8/10
Even more interesting is the fact that this movie is based on a set of short stories written in the 1940s

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So Parasite wins best picture.

I'm tempted to watch it, but I'm wary- the last time I went to see a film based on winning best picture was Moonlight, and that was awful.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm tempted to watch it, but I'm wary- the last time I went to see a film based on winning best picture was Moonlight, and that was awful.
I understand your trepidation.. The 2018 Oscar winner Shape of Water, IMHO, was shite..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oscar's are shit anyway. Joker should have won more.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant won an Oscar as Executive Producer of the Best Animated Film Dear Basketball in 2018.. That guy won everything!
True. I still stand by my statement lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oscar's are shit anyway. Joker should have won more.
I thought Phoenix was brilliant in it (,hence the oscar), and it had some other good aspects, but overall, I found the movie pretty underwhelming as a whole.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Birds of Prey has tanked so badly at the box office that they are changing the name of the movie to Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey.

When was the last time a movie changed it's name after being released already. Thing is it isn't going to help draw people, the movie just looked pretty damn boring from just the trailers themselves. As per usual these days with movies/shows made with all female cast or all female remake they seem to fail.

As the saying goes, Get Woke, Go Broke.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score

Yeah I'm sceptical but I'm still gonna see it. Every man and his dog are blowing 7 shades of jizz over it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sceptical but I'm still gonna see it. Every man and his dog are blowing 7 shades of jizz over it.
probably also good to give "foreign" movies a go every now and then.

Now, if you would like to come and babysit my 2 year old...

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

After a meteorite lands in the front yard of their farm, Nathan Gardner and his family find themselves battling a mutant extraterrestrial organism that infects their minds and bodies, transforming their quiet rural life into a technicolor nightmare.

Based on the h.p love craft short story, being a fan of his work I was looking forward to this one and wasn't disappointed. Richard Stanley's first film in 25 years after he was sacked three days into the shooting the island of Dr Moreau guided and delivered an experience that does the source material justice. Nick cage is nic cage, solid acting from the rest of the cast, l and I'll never look at an alpaca the same way after watching this.

3.5/5