News Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
that's right... the players know they are playing for a proud club... we'll be back where we belong soon enough
Most teams who faced us in the last 3rd of last season were worried. Remember in the Parra game how Brown deliberately took out DWZ? With a net gain in experience for the coming season, and the knowledge that guys like L Thompson are coming in 2021, teams are only going to get more worried about facing us.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most teams who faced us in the last 3rd of last season were worried. Remember in the Parra game how Brown deliberately took out DWZ? With a net gain in experience for the coming season, and the knowledge that guys like L Thompson are coming in 2021, teams are only going to get more worried about facing us.
despite some of the score lines I was happy with the effort all year personally.. I mean you've just got to cop those results when there is so much inexperience in a squad.. but most pleasing was how they didn't kick stones but turned it around.. I believe we will be much more competitive for the full season this year

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
seen some website saying we will finish last this should be printed out and put on the gym wall!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not true. The rorters had to pilfer off everyone else because their junior system is complete shite. Every dog has his day so to speak and Nicks will come.. That will be a lovely day indeed. All things eventually come out.

I gave you a rainbow for this because I too am hopeful that the Chooks get found out for cheating. But as far as it goes he might actually be giving the salary cap auditors their own brown paper bags. I do think that it hit the desperation stage for him and he's pushed the envelope with it in recent years. The Roosters have always been a team that was happy to pay top dollar to good players. But before the last few years they had limits to how many they would pay through the teeth for. I think that they're doing it with the majority of the team because Nick has recognized that he can.
Thanks for the pretty rainbow Alan79 but I think there are a couple of others on here that are even more overly optimistic if they think the rorters are legitimate. Motor Racing is a good comparison because they only call it cheating if you are caught, before that it is considered working the limits of the rules or creating a technical edge which sounds much nicer than cheating.

I have no proof, but somebody does and somebody always blabs sooner or later. To be honest of the 6 Premierships I have been fortunate to have seen us win since 1980, the 2004 title had a tiny bit of a bad taste because of the cap crap. Even though we were punished I remember plenty of mates never letting me forget we had a stacked team. We did lose a couple of good guys to the cap penalty's but still had a team with 11 players who played S.O.O, for their Country or both, including a future immortal plus the greatest goal kicker ever..

Bulldogs 2004 GF
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Ben Harris
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Adam Perry
11. Willie Mason
14. Reni Maitua
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Tony Grimaldi
15. Corey Hughes
16. Roy Asotasi
17. Sonny Bill Williams
18. Johnathan Thurston
Coach Steve Folkes

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the pretty rainbow Alan79 but I think there are a couple of others on here that are even more overly optimistic if they think the rorters are legitimate. Motor Racing is a good comparison because they only call it cheating if you are caught, before that it is considered working the limits of the rules or creating a technical edge which sounds much nicer than cheating.

I have no proof, but somebody does and somebody always blabs sooner or later. To be honest of the 6 Premierships I have been fortunate to have seen us win since 1980, the 2004 title had a tiny bit of a bad taste because of the cap crap. Even though we were punished I remember plenty of mates never letting me forget we had a stacked team. We did lose a couple of good guys to the cap penalty's but still had a team with 11 players who played S.O.O, for their Country or both, including a future immortal plus the greatest goal kicker ever..

Bulldogs 2004 GF
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Ben Harris
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Adam Perry
11. Willie Mason
14. Reni Maitua
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Tony Grimaldi
15. Corey Hughes
16. Roy Asotasi
17. Sonny Bill Williams
18. Johnathan Thurston
Coach Steve Folkes

I think the only way it'll get exposed is through a pissed off employee blabbing. Unfortunately as we saw with the Cronulla cap breaching, it will just be overlooked if the NRL feel like it. It's unfortunate that the fans have no say in who oversees the game. I wouldn't rule out hope that we see some justice there. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the only way it'll get exposed is through a pissed off employee blabbing. Unfortunately as we saw with the Cronulla cap breaching, it will just be overlooked if the NRL feel like it. It's unfortunate that the fans have no say in who oversees the game. I wouldn't rule out hope that we see some justice there. But I'm not going to hold my breath.
You honestly believe fans would be better at overseeing the game. Did you know that fan is short for fanatic, how would you expect them to oversee anything and act professionally

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You honestly believe fans would be better at overseeing the game. Did you know that fan is short for fanatic, how would you expect them to oversee anything and act professionally
I don't, but I also don't think that we have the option to currently get rid of what seems to be a very self serving leadership group that in my opinion doesn't have the interests of the game as a whole as their main motivation.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Bulldogs 2004 GF
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Ben Harris
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Adam Perry
11. Willie Mason
14. Reni Maitua
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Tony Grimaldi
15. Corey Hughes
16. Roy Asotasi
17. Sonny Bill Williams
18. Johnathan Thurston
Coach Steve Folkes
When someone raises it with me I always point out that a number of players took pay cuts to stay with us. That’s commitment to the team and teammates, they were a tight bunch, great team and should have won 3 premierships.

Go Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
When someone raises it with me I always point out that a number of players took pay cuts to stay with us. That’s commitment to the team and teammates, they were a tight bunch, great team and should have won 3 premierships.

Go Dogs
Especially 2006 that was our year also...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Also as if the fucking roosters and broncos weren't stacked that year either. Can look at it in a way that all the top sides were cheating and we did it the best lol