News Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is he actually even considered a realistic chance of signing with us or are some just dreaming?
Well we have the most money to spend for 21 I guess it’s all up to him..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well we have the most money to spend for 21 I guess it’s all up to him..
Most money only means so much. It depends what you do with it and how you use it. There isn't going to be a scenario where we're the only club with money to spend. Then it depends on which ones I guess but other clubs can move on other players too.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Most money only means so much. It depends what you do with it and how you use it. There isn't going to be a scenario where we're the only club with money to spend. Then it depends on which ones I guess but other clubs can move on other players too.
Yeah can go any way.. just hope we can snatch him for a decent price to start our rebuild

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon we are a club on the rise and its only a matter of time before we go on a similar recruitment drive like the end of 08 and recruit a couple of class players and our premiership window opens....We don't stay at the bottom for long, JAC will consider that.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon we are a club on the rise and its only a matter of time before we go on a similar recruitment drive like the end of 08 and recruit a couple of class players and our premiership window opens....We don't stay at the bottom for long, JAC will consider that.
agreed.. that's why I don't think fans should be upset when we don't go after hot heads like BJ and Scott.. the board will make the right decisions

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
agreed.. that's why I don't think fans should be upset when we don't go after hot heads like BJ and Scott.. the board will make the right decisions
People are starting to slowly see what many of us have been saying for a long time. We are definitely headed in the right direction

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s funny I get an “optimistic” response from guys. I’d put names to it all but won’t do it for legal reasons purely to prove a point to blokes who believe in unicorns and mermaids... I know, that’ll do.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s funny I get an “optimistic” response from guys. I’d put names to it all but won’t do it for legal reasons purely to prove a point to blokes who believe in unicorns and mermaids... I know, that’ll do.
It was actually me who gave you a rainbow mate. It’s next to the agree button and I have big fingers. I agree with your post and if you read my prior post we basically said the same thing. I get rainbowed by the mafia wannabes all the time and didn’t mean to give you a rainbow sorry

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It was actually me who gave you a rainbow mate. It’s next to the agree button and I have big fingers. I agree with your post and if you read my prior post we basically said the same thing. I get rainbowed by the mafia wannabes all the time and didn’t mean to give you a rainbow sorry
You gave me my first rainbow the other day when I said we could be one more really good prop away from having an awesome rotation.. I didn’t think there was anything that optimistic about the post so I just assumed the same you had dick fingers :tearsofjoy:;)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You gave me my first rainbow the other day when I said we could be one more really good prop away from having an awesome rotation.. I didn’t think there was anything that optimistic about the post so I just assumed the same you had dick fingers :tearsofjoy:;)
Hahaha they need to spread the icons out a bit

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way we finished last year, all other teams should be very wary of the dogs...
We've had strong finishes for the last couple of seasons. But we hopefully manage to carry confidence and the same fighting spirit into the first few rounds. attacking flair comes with the confidence of having won some games and the sooner we get a few wins on the board this year the further we can hopefully progress as a competitor.

I feel that most premiers build their success on good hookers. JMK could evolve into anything but right now he ain't there yet.
Overall we need to spend big on our spine when the money becomes available. Having the world's fastest winger will look good on our team lists and id be happy to see the occasional opportunistic try this guy can create. But most games are won on dominance and consistent good field positions and paying big money for a winger might not be wise for our needs.
A agree with this more with every year of football I watch. Many people foam at the mouth about dummy half running, and it can be very helpful. But the first pass off the ruck can give any player those extra half seconds to read the play in front of them and make better choices. The best forwards and halves in the world will stil struggle to implement their vision if they get passes when the defence is in their face. So for me I hope that JMK is firing bullets that give everybody a little more time to make those split second decisions on every play. If he looks good when he scoots out of dummy half it's good. But the passing game is key.

I'd be happy enough if there were some clauses like match payments forfeited when injured for extended periods etc.
Consider how much we have paid him to play very little football, i don't think this would be unreasonable to ask either.
Ideally this could be used with a number of players. But the NRL would balk at the idea as there is no degree of certainty. I think that the rules around development players should be scrapped and each club has the chance to with hold some salary cap space to promote those performing well in the lower grades on match payments that go on top of their contract value in the lower grades. Under the current rules I think that any player that hits a patch of form in the lower grades quickly becomes a target for recruitment by clubs that aren't developing many of their own players.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha they need to spread the icons out a bit
Actually - great question - does it only register your first press?
Can't tell you how many times with my fat fingers I've pressed one rating only to then change it to the one I actually wanted!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Actually - great question - does it only register your first press?
Can't tell you how many times with my fat fingers I've pressed one rating only to then change it to the one I actually wanted!
I just tested it and can confirm the rainbow I gave you appeared on the first press & couldn’t be changed without pressing undo rating

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I just tested it and can confirm the rainbow I gave you appeared on the first press & couldn’t be changed without pressing undo rating
Yep, so you can change it, just that you didn't notice on that specific post and Turvey got a little ouchy wouchy about it. Oh - and thanks for the Rainbow! Two can play at that game! :-).

Or 3 it seems! Thanks @Jabba the Mutt!:-).

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
And just how much are we going to pay him...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Five pages already, a popular man, what do we do if he does a Lattrel and demands a million because he knows the Bulldogs are cashed up?
Quickly move on would be my guess. Even if we have more to spend than any other club, it's important that we spend it wisely. If we need to replace 6 starting players I'd prefer we got quality in five positions and possibly chase one marquee as opposed to chasing two marquees and getting rubbish in 4 positions.

Not true. The rorters had to pilfer off everyone else because their junior system is complete shite. Every dog has his day so to speak and Nicks will come.. That will be a lovely day indeed. All things eventually come out.
I gave you a rainbow for this because I too am hopeful that the Chooks get found out for cheating. But as far as it goes he might actually be giving the salary cap auditors their own brown paper bags. I do think that it hit the desperation stage for him and he's pushed the envelope with it in recent years. The Roosters have always been a team that was happy to pay top dollar to good players. But before the last few years they had limits to how many they would pay through the teeth for. I think that they're doing it with the majority of the team because Nick has recognized that he can.

I honestly wouldn't expect us to go paying huge money for a winger. There are very few that are genuine game breakers,, but just due to the limited amount of ball they get it's hard to tie up more than 500-600K on any but the absolute beasts who not only have all the skills, but pace and the size to make some hitups like a forward at times. I think there would be less than 8 wingers that I'd describe as having that combination of atirbutes.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate, my bad