Non existent recruitment

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you know Xerri would turn out the way he did? Or sivo?
What about cook? Very late bloomer my point is you have 10x the players in the juniors than first grade and you can’t buy every junior that looks like he can play.
Don’t forget we are rebuilding from our last board.
Don’t be a Lynne and still be blaming the board... and I can’t believe you just asked me about xerri... the top juniors are very recognisable in lower grades, and those are the players that our board said they would be targeting, and all they got to show for it was two rejects knights released only for them to upgrade themselves...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re a dope... what don’t you understand about the club saying they were after the best young talent in the comp... and only ending up with meaney and cogger. Who will be lucky to be in our squad come 2021
Have you had a look at our own junior nursery lately? I can tell you with confidence that it’s the healthiest it’s been for in excess of a decade. Cart yourself down to a few Junior fixtures this season mate.

Cogger and Meaney are top young talents in their own right and I expect both will remain on our books beyond this season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t be a Lynne and still be blaming the board... and I can’t believe you just asked me about xerri... the top juniors are very recognisable in lower grades, and those are the players that our board said they would be targeting, and all they got to show for it was two rejects knights released only for them to upgrade themselves...
We're in this mess because of our last board and I honestly can't stand looking at Raelene because of it. From 2021 on wards we should see us on the up but we're still going to be carrying a few difficulties which will go away if we're getting results on the field. I can't speak for what we have coming through but I suspect the mess we've been in has trickled down throughout all levels (because we neglected our juniors - apparently, when Des was here, maybe we're still in a better shame down there but I wouldn't really know).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you had a look at our own junior nursery lately? I can tell you with confidence that it’s the healthiest it’s been for in excess of a decade. Cart yourself down to a few Junior fixtures this season mate.
This is as good a racing a tip as you will ever get or want. Back our nursery..we should want to develop our own Trbojevic brothers and not pay $3mil a season to buy from someone else..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is as good a racing a tip as you will ever get or want. Back our nursery..we should want to develop our own Trbojevic brothers and not pay $3mil a season to buy from someone else..
exactly this... a good production line of youth will negate any chance of being held to ransoms by mediocre (i.e mbye) players wanting a new contract...

When you have more quality options available you are less likely to make a dumb decision

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True!
And most times producing your own means they stay on more for less.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sam Williams could help us. He’s under contract with raiders but he wants to play first grade and probably won’t with George and wighton.
Could help our halves
He has dropped even further in the pecking order. Matt Frawley has overtaken him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has dropped even further in the pecking order. Matt Frawley has overtaken him.
Well no lol. Frawley is on a development contract sooo yeah there is that.