Non existent recruitment

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Our current team isn't good enough. That's why we're expected to come second last this season. One prop isn't going to make a big enough difference for us to make the eight. I love the team but it's obvious there isn't enough talent and game breakers in the squad. I can't question the effort tho.
But wouldn't it be more accurate to say that "last year the team wasn't good enough".
In fact isn't it more like the "first half of last year the team wasn't good enough".
It's easy to argue that "the last 10 games the team was good enough".
Last year we started off with players that had just a handful of NRL games experience between them, now they have had a full season.
The fact is no one really knows how we are going to go this year, we all just have to wait and see.
Plus, this year, we can't do much about it anyway, not enough Cap space to make much of a difference, even with Foran's $350k.

Go Dogs

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: why does this shit keep coming up!! Delete admin

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But wouldn't it be more accurate to say that "last year the team wasn't good enough".
In fact isn't it more like the "first half of last year the team wasn't good enough".
It's easy to argue that "the last 10 games the team was good enough".
Last year we started off with players that had just a handful of NRL games experience between them, now they have had a full season.
The fact is no one really knows how we are going to go this year, we all just have to wait and see.
Plus, this year, we can't do much about it anyway, not enough Cap space to make much of a difference, even with Foran's $350k.

Go Dogs
We could do really well this year but we're not expected to. I can't be as confident as you because of that. Besides anything is possible and I'll keep believing until it's mathematically impossible that's about it for me. If this season turns out to be a write off I'm fine with it because it's what is expected. I guarantee you people are going to be slagging the players and coach as soon as the season starts when it isn't really warranted.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: why does this shit keep coming up!! Delete admin
Finally we agree on something! :-)
Probably because it's so deep into the off-season and everyone is so over it and is stinging for another 37 days to pass until kick-off!!!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could do really well this year but we're not expected to. I can't be as confident as you because of that. Besides anything is possible and I'll keep believing until it's mathematically impossible that's about it for me. If this season turns out to be a write off I'm fine with it because it's what is expected. I guarantee you people are going to be slagging the players and coach as soon as the season starts when it isn't really warranted.
Sorry but I don't slag our players or coach im a supporter not a critic.

Dogs house

Banned
Reaction score
November 2016:

“The Bulldogs have been seeking a fresh approach to recruitment and with the head recruitment manager role open the club wanted a bigger focus on finding not only the best young talent available”

And with that being said, what have they delivered on:

Nick meaney.... Chris Smith.... JMK.... coGGER.....

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

while missing out on or not even bothering an attempt:

sivo
Lomax
Ramien
Korisau
Momorovski
That big young forward from eels who signed with tigers...
Wade Egan
Latrell Mitchell
HARRY GRANT!!
Dargan
Flegler
Adam douehi

But wait.... but wait.... stick to the process we signed panthers 4th placed hooker katoa!!!!!
You’re Seriously angry about not getting these players???
Wait till 2021 and then talk about recruitment.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sam Williams could help us. He’s under contract with raiders but he wants to play first grade and probably won’t with George and wighton.
Could help our halves

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You guys don’t rate him? he did well the games he played last year

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not many other experienced halves out there that will come over

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not many other experienced halves out there that will come over
That’s true there is not but I think if the forward pack continues to build with signings and current players like RT developing they will lay a stronger platform for the current halves. I don’t think we need to spend money on someone like him.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re Seriously angry about not getting these players???
Wait till 2021 and then talk about recruitment.
why should I have to wait..... when the whole point of this post was questioning why we didn’t sign one top quality junior first grader in a moment of salary cap tightness with talent of the caliber like Joseph sualli, mika sivo was on match payments in 2019, the eels forwsrd that tigers have signed is the best forward in lower grades... He would be a handy forward to partner Toumaga off the bench.. these players (as also mentioned in OP) could’ve developed at our club during a rebuilding phase and then we could’ve signed elite players to build around em, instead we will be seeing off mediocre players we signed during our rebuild like cogger, meaney, JMK and resigning adam idiot, Chris Smith...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
why should I have to wait..... when the whole point of this post was questioning why we didn’t sign one top quality junior first grader in a moment of salary cap tightness with talent of the caliber like Joseph sualli, mika sivo was on match payments in 2019, the eels forwsrd that tigers have signed is the best forward in lower grades... He would be a handy forward to partner Toumaga off the bench.. these players (as also mentioned in OP) could’ve developed at our club during a rebuilding phase and then we could’ve signed elite players to build around em, instead we will be seeing off mediocre players we signed during our rebuild like cogger, meaney, JMK and resigning adam idiot, Chris Smith...
You wanted to sign a 15/16 year old Joseph Suaalli to play first grade for us in 2019 when he’s not even eligible to play until 2021?

This is what you’re angry about?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wanted to sign a 15/16 year old Joseph Suaalli to play first grade for us in 2019 when he’s not even eligible to play until 2021?

This is what you’re angry about?
You’re a dope... what don’t you understand about the club saying they were after the best young talent in the comp... and only ending up with meaney and cogger. Who will be lucky to be in our squad come 2021

Dogs house

Banned
Reaction score
Lol cogger, Meaney and jmk are on peanuts we didn’t have the cap space to buy elite players, plus most juniors don’t develop well in first grade.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol cogger, Meaney and jmk are on peanuts we didn’t have the cap space to buy elite players, plus most juniors don’t develop well in first grade.
Who said elite players???? How was xerri an elite player in 2017??? How was sivo an elite player in 2018???

Dogs house

Banned
Reaction score
Who said elite players???? How was xerri an elite player in 2017??? How was sivo an elite player in 2018???
Did you know Xerri would turn out the way he did? Or sivo?
What about cook? Very late bloomer my point is you have 10x the players in the juniors than first grade and you can’t buy every junior that looks like he can play.
Don’t forget we are rebuilding from our last board.