News Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: there is interest but he end up at Rabbitohs . Money to be spent better elsewhere

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We finished very well, let’s hope we keep that roll on an get the win round 1 for a good set up!!
Our problem with the first game last year is that it was the week after the Christchurch massacre and the Warriors came out fired up and would have beaten anybody on the day just on passion alone.

Dogs house

Banned
Reaction score
Our problem with the first game last year is that it was the week after the Christchurch massacre and the Warriors came out fired up and would have beaten anybody on the day just on passion alone.
TBH we didn’t show up that game we deserved that punishment, plus we got smashed during the year I think we had 4 or 5 blowouts which is not expectable.
We are a better club than that, hopefully this year will be back on top.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH we didn’t show up that game we deserved that punishment, plus we got smashed during the year I think we had 4 or 5 blowouts which is not expectable.
Fingers crossed!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS he will end up at Souths.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem is not how much we actually pay him but how much is included in the Cap. The NRL uses the maximum that he can earn to work out how much of our Cap is utilised. For example if his contract says $20k per game, the NRL would say that's $520K in your cap (for 26 games). If he only ended up playing say 10 games (ie; we pay him 200k) tough luck, too late, it's $520k used in your Cap for the year.

Go Dogs
Yes, this is true, but if he was to only play 13 games, we would only have to pay him $260k, and we could then use the other $260k to forward pay someone for next year, which would in turn give us another $260k to spend.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club will be a powerhouse in the NRL in the coming years.
More players to come.
I think you are 100% correct, a historically strong club with player development in the DNA should be a magnet for promising players and we should get the pick of them.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, this is true, but if he was to only play 13 games, we would only have to pay him $260k, and we could then use the other $260k to forward pay someone for next year, which would in turn give us another $260k to spend.
Are you talking "paying the cash $260k" or "in the contract contract $260k"?
Because what we pay (in cash terms) is irrelevant, the only thing that matters to the NRL is what is in the registered contract/s.
So if we increase the player 2 contract by $260k then it's added to the cap. We can't just pay him an extra $260k and not have it in the contract (we aren't Melbourne).
But we don't get $260k reduction in player 1 contract (even though we don't pay him).

We have plenty of "cash", courtesy of the Leagues Club, we can easily afford to pay the $260k. What we don't have is Cap space to fit the $260k into.

Keeping in mind that the NRL ads up all of our registered contracts at the start of the season, if they add up to more than $9.6m then we have to shed a player/s to get under the Cap. We are allowed to be a maximum of 5% under the Cap, but not 1 cent over it. Then they recheck our Cap compliance at 30 June, especially if we have released and/or added players before the window closes. They then check our Cap registered contracts compliance again at the end of the season plus they compare that with the cash we outlayed against each contract. They also have the power to request players tax returns, bank accounts etc.

Go Dogs

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I was Meaney, Okunbor, Montoya, Crichton or TKatoa I'd be reading this and thinking seriously about where I need to look for my next gig. Especially the 2 (Montoya and TKatoa) off contract this year.

Go Dogs
Katoa signed a 2 year contract this year,Montoya,finishes this year,the others really have to perform,for them to get upgrades

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With such a young squad you are always going to get blowouts.

There are no surprises there

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we will resign Foran and not have enough change for Addo Carr... watch
Dogs will do both. Kieran will re-sign for cheap and play another 2 seasons. The club will finally get a return on their investment.

Club will also sign ado carr

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS he will end up at Souths.
Dogs would have to pay overs to get him as his preference would be to join the indigenous clan at the rabbits. I would pay overs to get him. We need a speedster in our backline who knows his way to the tryline. Unless who pull out all stock to sign Xerri from the sharks and make do with another winger?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if JAC doesn't end up at a top 4 team I think we're all going to see how overrated he is

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you talking "paying the cash $260k" or "in the contract contract $260k"?
Because what we pay (in cash terms) is irrelevant, the only thing that matters to the NRL is what is in the registered contract/s.
So if we increase the player 2 contract by $260k then it's added to the cap. We can't just pay him an extra $260k and not have it in the contract (we aren't Melbourne).
But we don't get $260k reduction in player 1 contract (even though we don't pay him).

We have plenty of "cash", courtesy of the Leagues Club, we can easily afford to pay the $260k. What we don't have is Cap space to fit the $260k into.

Keeping in mind that the NRL ads up all of our registered contracts at the start of the season, if they add up to more than $9.6m then we have to shed a player/s to get under the Cap. We are allowed to be a maximum of 5% under the Cap, but not 1 cent over it. Then they recheck our Cap compliance at 30 June, especially if we have released and/or added players before the window closes. They then check our Cap registered contracts compliance again at the end of the season plus they compare that with the cash we outlayed against each contract. They also have the power to request players tax returns, bank accounts etc.

Go Dogs
Ok