News Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target’

The Bulldogs are in the race for the signature of Storm flyer Josh Addo-Carr, with the cashed up club set to join the Rabbitohs and the Panthers in making a play for the Origin winger.
James Hooper believes the Rabbitohs are well in the mix with the Panthers, but tipped the Bulldogs as potential suitors due to their improved salary cap situation.
“The South Sydney Rabbitohs have been all the rage over the course of the summer that they are interested,” Hooper told Fox Sports News.
“Behind the scenes there certainly have been some discussions between people representing Josh and South Sydney powerbrokers.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if the Penrith Panthers are a bit of a smoky there.”
At 24, Addo-Carr is entering the prime of his career and already has 84 first grade games, six NSW Blues appearances and two Tests for the Kangaroos to his name.
It makes him one of the most sought after signatures in the NRL heading into the 2021 season when his deal with the Storm finishes up.
Hooper believes the Bulldogs will be in a better financial position than both the Rabbitohs and the Panthers, particularly once Kieran Foran’s contract expires at the end of 2020.
“I know that the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have also had meetings in relation to Josh,” Hooper said.
“They certainly have him as a priority target and they will be cashed up on the back of most likely Kieran Foran will finish with the Bulldogs at the end of this season, so there is a million dollars plus.
“They signed Luke Thompson, so if they could get Josh Addo-Carr they are certainly starting to rebuild nicely.”

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The knob James Hooper just listed three of four clubs so he's hardly providing a scoop. They're just trying to create content out of nothing. Most Sydney teams would be interested and will be trying to create space to chase Addo-Carr.

Get ready for dozens more nothing articles like this being written over the course of the season.

Dogs house

Banned
Reaction score
The knob James Hooper just listed three of four clubs so he's hardly providing a scoop. They're just trying to create content out of nothing. Most Sydney teams would be interested and will be trying to create space to chase Addo-Carr.

Get ready for dozens more nothing articles like this being written over the course of the season.
I know for a fact that the club has made offers and are waiting for 3 players not saying Adoo-Carr is the one.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can Foran just retire already, quite evident we're not gonna keep him beyond this season.... doubt any club would pick him up.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“James Hooper believes...”
Imagine being the person who pays this chump’s salary

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been a supporter of Kieren Foran since he joined but I will be glad when his contract with the Dogs is up, done and dusted. What really annoys me is that every time an article is written and the Dogs are mentioned words like cashed up and war chest are just thrown out there like we're just every player managers cash cow. Now I don't know the financial standings of our club or our cap and I'm not into guessing but when it comes to approaching a player like Josh Addo-Carr I believe our club should play the price is right and NOT OVER PAY. I'm all for having speed in our back-line and the fox would surly add to that but I'm not that comfortable paying spine money for a winger. Not unless that winger has an "S" on his chest when he plays and is a mild mannered reporter working for the metropolitan newspaper off the field. Just my 2 cents carry on :grinning:

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The Bulldogs are in the race for the signature of Storm flyer Josh Addo-Carr, with the cashed up club set to join the Rabbitohs and the Panthers in making a play for the Origin winger.
James Hooper believes the Rabbitohs are well in the mix with the Panthers, but tipped the Bulldogs as potential suitors due to their improved salary cap situation.

“The South Sydney Rabbitohs have been all the rage over the course of the summer that they are interested,” Hooper told Fox Sports News.

“Behind the scenes there certainly have been some discussions between people representing Josh and South Sydney powerbrokers.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if the Penrith Panthers are a bit of a smoky there.”

At 24, Addo-Carr is entering the prime of his career and already has 84 first grade games, six NSW Blues appearances and two Tests for the Kangaroos to his name.

It makes him one of the most sought after signatures in the NRL heading into the 2021 season when his deal with the Storm finishes up.

Hooper believes the Bulldogs will be in a better financial position than both the Rabbitohs and the Panthers, particularly once Kieran Foran’s contract expires at the end of 2020.

“I know that the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have also had meetings in relation to Josh,” Hooper said.

“They certainly have him as a priority target and they will be cashed up on the back of most likely Kieran Foran will finish with the Bulldogs at the end of this season, so there is a million dollars plus.

“They signed Luke Thompson, so if they could get Josh Addo-Carr they are certainly starting to rebuild nicely.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/433ad0be4441ccddad3fd11965a5eda6

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know for a fact that the club has made offers and are waiting for 3 players not saying Adoo-Carr is the one.
I have no doubt we're active in the market and trying to sign others. And Addo-Carr would certainly be a target. I'm just saying Hooper is stating the obvious and hedging his bets as always by naming every club.

Dogs house

Banned
Reaction score
I have been a supporter of Kieren Foran since he joined but I will be glad when his contract with the Dogs is up, done and dusted. What really annoys me is that every time an article is written and the Dogs are mentioned words like cashed up and war chest are just thrown out there like we're just every player managers cash cow. Now I don't know the financial standings of our club or our cap and I'm not into guessing but when it comes to approaching a player like Josh Addo-Carr I believe our club should play the price is right and NOT OVER PAY. I'm all for having speed in our back-line and the fox would surly add to that but I'm not that comfortable paying spine money for a winger. Just my 2 cents carry on :grinning:
I agree with you, but reality is that any rep player that plays any position automatically gets big$$$.
5 years ago the best player in the NRL was on 800k now rookie players that show potential is asking for that.

Dogs house

Banned
Reaction score
I have no doubt we're active in the market and trying to sign others. And Addo-Carr would certainly be a target. I'm just saying Hooper is stating the obvious and hedging his bets as always by naming every club.
All good I get what you mean:grinning:

Dogs house

Banned
Reaction score
Foran will not be signed at the end of the year unless he takes a big pay cut.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Already posted mate, but this is how a thread should look like :grinning: