Official Luke Thompson Signs for 2021

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great news. I'm not sure about his leadership qualities but hopefully he can have an impact on the team similar to Graham (as a player). It's hard to judge exactly how good he is since he's in the Super League (I haven't watched him at all too be fair) but looking at his statistics and the hype around him (I think he was in the Super League team of the year) hopefully he can deliver in the NRL. A target of ours we've been able to sign (I'm not sure what other clubs were linked, I know Rabbitohs were at one stage but they've signed Arrow). If anyone has some extra information or some highlights I wouldn't mind hearing/watching (as you do when you sign someone new).
Seen a little of him on the ESL, and he is a big feller, able to break the line, and score tries.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gray would be nice but his still a bit off and hopefully he doesn't catch the templelichaa disease. I do think we need an established hooker though and McInnes fits the bill for me if we want to be serious contenders in 2022.
I think if we want a real hooker we target Daryl Clark from Warrington

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger definitely would need to put on 5-7kgs over time, though that is no issues.

The likes of Isaac Luke, Peats, Farah were all featherweights when they started off.
Yeah true.. Mate im all for it though like I said I think we need a seasoned rake while we wait on future maybes.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Will look into your suggestion ;)
He goes pretty good, I think because Warrington have fallen everytime they look like a premiership chance may be the reason he hasn't left as he wants a title with them lol. Was rated higher than Hodgson before he came over here

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Aaron Woods captained the Tigers and left
Yes because he had a poisonous relationship with management at the time and we offered him a significant pay rise as part of our cap mismanagement - why wouldn’t he have taken it. McInnes is an entirely different matter.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From a mate who is Scouse and a big Saints man. He was devo when Graham left them.

Screenshot_20200204-162531_One UI Home.jpg

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah true.. Mate im all for it though like I said I think we need a seasoned rake while we wait on future maybes.
I totally agree, but sadly nothing is available?

The only seasoned rakes available who are off contract this year are Jake Friend and McCullough, though is it worth it for a year or two?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes because he had a poisonous relationship with management at the time and we offered him a significant pay rise as part of our cap mismanagement - why wouldn’t he have taken it. McInnes is an entirely different matter.
If the dragons go close to the spoon and their coach gets x'd and he doesn't get along with Flanagan then what?

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I didn't bother, but thanks

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I totally agree, but sadly nothing is available?

The only seasoned rakes available who are off contract this year are Jake Friend and McCullough, though is it worth it for a year or two?
Friend is 29, bar the injuries and risk he would be nice for a yr or two. Could also be massive for the kids coming through.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't see it mate - final year of cap restrictions - don't think Saints would be willing to eat a large chunk of Tols heavily back-ended contract for 2020.
Much more likely to be 2021.
Let me dream. Last week my strategy was to think we were signing No one. This week it's we sign players and they'll come this year lol

Still buzzing though. Hopefully a few good signings to come for next year too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If the dragons go close to the spoon and their coach gets x'd and he doesn't get along with Flanagan then what?
That might be different - and then he could join any number of NRL players who say they want out and get out of contracts these days. Highly unlikely for 2020 though in my view.
Also Flanagan can't be a head coach until 2022 (under the current terms of his return) - so even if St. Merge punt Mary this year, Flanagan technically can't take over.
I reckon they're likely grooming Flanagan for head coach in 2022, but whether Mary can last two years if St. Merge go bad is another matter.