Official Luke Thompson Signs for 2021

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For sure if the team is out of contention again by round 12 then it won't be Pay coaching Thompson in 2021.
Absolutely!
Thats why im so glad that we signed Thompson before the start of the season.
Because if we are 0-10 at the start of the season then it would be like ummm ive changed my mind...:tongueclosed:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our starting pack should be sorted but our bench is questionable at this stage, not really keen on seeing Elliott, Smith and Britt filling those roles, all basically the same sort of player.
Hopefully the likes of Doorey, Javvier Pitovao and Topine can be pushing those guys out by next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully the likes of Doorey, Javvier Pitovao and Topine can be pushing those guys out by next year.
And hopefully they actually get the opportunity and are not just promoted because someone got injured. Going to tear my hair out if To'omaga isn't in the 17 this year and getting extended minutes, hopefully our preseason was sorted and he got the right type of training under this belt.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And hopefully they actually get the opportunity and are not just promoted because someone got injured. Going to tear my hair out if To'omaga isn't in the 17 this year and getting extended minutes, hopefully our preseason was sorted and he got the right type of training under this belt.
Hopefully he trains the way he should this year

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he kicks on this year he was awesome the last month of 2019. That dynamic prop who runs hard with the late footwork at the line was exactly what we needed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully he trains the way he should this year
Lol. I'm sure you've always got some reply ready to defend your mates every call and your bum chum backing you up.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The doggies seems to be All about the forwards. I know it seems positive signing but it’s a signing where we are not lacking players. So I am not overally excited to be honest.
We have needed a prop since Graham left. Its up there with the Rockstar FB wait and waiting for a decent hooker.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
McInnes is a hard worker and puts his body on the line but he totally lacks the attacking play you need from a hooker these days.
I disagree with you on that one sorry spoon. His no Cook but his not far off. Only issue with him though for me is he gets himself knocked out a lot.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hooker has to be a priority and the club has recognized this with the pursuit of Api last season,Cameron mc innes has to be the man,his a bulldog type of player who would slip in easily
McInnes has just been named Dragons Captain for 2020 - he's not going anywhere.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree with you on that one sorry spoon. His no Cook but his not far off. Only issue with him though for me is he gets himself knocked out a lot.
He just doesn't create enough for mine.

I have everything crossed Ryan Gray comes back bigger and stronger in Flegg this year he has plenty of talent and could really solve the hooking problem for us if he finds his feet.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He just doesn't create enough for mine.

I have everything crossed Ryan Gray comes back bigger and stronger in Flegg this year he has plenty of talent and could really solve the hooking problem for us if he finds his feet.
Gray would be nice but his still a bit off and hopefully he doesn't catch the templelichaa disease. I do think we need an established hooker though and McInnes fits the bill for me if we want to be serious contenders in 2022.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gray would be nice but his still a bit off and hopefully he doesn't catch the templelichaa disease. I do think we need an established hooker though and McInnes fits the bill for me if we want to be serious contenders in 2022.
McInnes has just been named the captain of the dragqueens, so theres buckleys chance of him coming over.

I agree that we need a hooker and we also need another half.

I think we just have to persist with JMK until something hopefully does come along.

Sam Verrills is off contract next year and looks like will become a cracker of a hooker.

I dont know what it is but i reckon with some conditioning, strength and defensive work, Cogger would be a good hooker

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
McInnes has just been named the captain of the dragqueens, so theres buckleys chance of him coming over.

I agree that we need a hooker and we also need another half.

I think we just have to persist with JMK until something hopefully does come along.

Sam Verrills is off contract next year and looks like will become a cracker of a hooker.

I dont know what it is but i reckon with some conditioning, strength and defensive work, Cogger would be a good hooker
Pretty sure we let a captain go to the Dragqueens recently.. I know its a different situation but who knows anything could happen.

JMK should be our utility and reckon that's a no brainer. Good luck ripping Verills away from the chooks and I like Coggar, definite bulldog but he needs 10kg minimum to do anything in the middle.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty sure we let a captain go to the Dragqueens recently.. I know its a different situation but who knows anything could happen.

JMK should be our utility and reckon that's a no brainer. Good luck ripping Verills away from the chooks and I like Coggar, definite bulldog but he needs 10kg minimum to do anything in the middle.
Cogger definitely would need to put on 5-7kgs over time, though that is no issues.

The likes of Isaac Luke, Peats, Farah were all featherweights when they started off.