wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Happy for the egg carton.
Happy for the club.
Need more signings
Who is going to score our points though?
Happy for you too Teddy.

We appear to have fixed one of our problems in the frontrow. We're all happy with this.

We know you're a good egg :grinning:

Morris1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just watched his highlights from the super league gf last yr. He's very mobile which is good.. Just wish he had more of an offload in him

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
8 Napa
9 JMK Ergh
10 Thompson
11. CHN
12. Stimson
13. Jackson

14 C Smith
15 Tolman
16 Britt
17 Elliot

Dean Pay 2021 !

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good signing come over here mate and smack klemmer around make him your bitch.
A couple more signings throughout the year now keep us all happy

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Too early to say and couldn’t be decided off the back of one quality signing for next year. The team still have to get out of the gates and be competitive for this year before the club will decide on coaching in my view.
My personal opinion is that the board will still see how the first half of the season goes before giving him an extension. I think the roster will quietly build in the back ground but keep in mind the coach for 2021 should have things a lot better than they have been in recent years so it’s a big decision.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A really good pick up. Most English forwards make it in the NRL, it's their backs that usually fail in our comp.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that the board will still see how the first half of the season goes before giving him an extension. I think the roster will quietly build in the back ground but keep in mind the coach for 2021 should have things a lot better than they have been in recent years so it’s a big decision.
Agree mate. But also one of the reasons Pay has generally done a good job is he was a rookie head coach who also inherited a shit-show. Talk about double whammy. He's about to start his third season so can shake off that rookie tag and we've made some nice changes to the squad given our well known limitations. Thompson is only the start for the blue-sky era - there will definitely be more signings for 2021. I'd like to see Pay get a shot having built a squad without the cap problems, but it's really going to be up to him. If we play like we did in the final 10 rounds of 2019 he's a very good chance of being in charge in 2021.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A really good pick up. Most English forwards make it in the NRL, it's their backs that usually fail in our comp.
THIS club has had a lot of good UK backs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is now old news lol. :tearsofjoy:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS club has had a lot of good UK backs.
I can't remember you guys having many UK outside backs in your teams...unless you mean you've had more than your fair share of fails?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2021 pack and bench.

8. Napa
9. ?
10. Thompson
11. Stimson
12. Chn
13. Jackson (c)

14. ?
15. Rfm
16. Renouf
17. Elliott

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree mate. But also one of the reasons Pay has generally done a good job is he was a rookie head coach who also inherited a shit-show. Talk about double whammy. He's about to start his third season so can shake off that rookie tag and we've made some nice changes to the squad given our well known limitations. Thompson is only the start for the blue-sky era - there will definitely be more signings for 2021. I'd like to see Pay get a shot having built a squad without the cap problems, but it's really going to be up to him. If we play like we did in the final 10 rounds of 2019 he's a very good chance of being in charge in 2021.
It’s probably fair that he gets the chance in 2021 but I also think there is a lot of expectation and pressure for 2021- anything less than finals is probably a failure. So I think the best available person for the job should get it. We also don’t know how much help Pay is getting with his coaching as there is a heap of ex players around the club at the moment... bit of a family environment :relieved:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can't remember you guys having many UK outside backs in your teams...unless you mean you've had more than your fair share of fails?
Well other Clubs may have had some duds but I remember Connelly, Davies. Can't think of any who were real fails for our club.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah iv seen that too, but just looking at him he looks bigger than that.

I'd put it down to them not updating it. Like when we used to have Kas at 120kgs when it was obvious he was 135kgs + lol.

Either way good signing.
Yeah but the extra 15kg wasn't Kas' arms mate :-)
It was a few too many visits to Flame'N Good Kebabs in Belmore :-)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets hope he can bring that will to win like Bateman did at Canberra. We really need someone that refuses to lose and drags the rest of the team with him.

I haven't seen enough of him to know if he is that type of player but looking at his achievements and reports today it looks like he might have it in him.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a couple of good ones in the early 90's in Jonathan Davies and Garry Connolly.
Don't ring a bell sorry, but then given the amount of Gunga and Glenfiddich I've consumed since then it's no surprise.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2021 pack and bench.

8. Napa
9. ?
10. Thompson
11. Stimson
12. Chn
13. Jackson (c)

14. ?
15. Rfm
16. Renouf
17. Elliott

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind us getting that young winger who plays for St Helens as well.