Does the Honda Civic type R whip your car?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not mine mate, I’ve driven my mates brand new Type R and it’s no match for the RS3, probably got something to do with the RS3 being a quattro AWD and not a front wheel drive, an extra cylinder under the bonnet and being made in Europe rather than Japan HA
I do like the RS3 but only the sedan version, if I was to get another european car that would the one I get honestly but I'm over euros haha

Its little 5 pot does sounds awesome man and the dsg farts can't say no haha

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With cars, it's a personal choice. I got a W518 because I like it, that and it smokes 9 out of 10 cars on the road lol

Why buy a car for other people to like?

Like I always say, even if V8s had the same noise but the power of a 4 cylinder, I'd still love V8s.

PS a RWD is more fun than an AWD.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
With cars, it's a personal choice. I got a W518 because I like it, that and it smokes 9 out of 10 cars on the road lol

Why buy a car for other people to like?

Like I always say, even if V8s had the same noise but the power of a 4 cylinder, I'd still love V8s.

PS a RWD is more fun than an AWD.
Someone likes doing smokies :laughing:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it gap your car? PS I'm not talking about the Camry.
On the track definately would gap my supercharged ford. Those things (falcon/commodore) drift but slow times around the track.

On the street, from set of lights I wouldn't dare take on a AWD turbo, a powerful (falcodore) on street tyres will just spin, whilst the AWD puts 200m on you.

The big power commodore / falcons are only good quarter mile where there is enough road to pull back the big lead if the AWD turbo. It would take 200 metres to catch / get ahead of them (that's with 350kw.+)

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not mine mate, I’ve driven my mates brand new Type R and it’s no match for the RS3, probably got something to do with the RS3 being a quattro AWD and not a front wheel drive, an extra cylinder under the bonnet and being made in Europe rather than Japan HA
https://fastestlaps.com/tests/gmikk2m2558c

The rs3 lapped Nurburgring in 8 mins 20 seconds.. a good 37 seconds slower than the type r. Type r driver boiled the kettle and sipping his coffee by the time the rs3 comes round the mountain.

The rs3 has it in a straight line but handling it really falls away. Considering the rs3 is considerably faster down the straights the type r still makes up 37 seconds

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how powerful a car you have?
If you're a crap driver with lousy awareness then you may as well be driving a Lada!

Too many shit drivers in Sydney.
You can tell by the way a lot of people drive they aren't originally from Sydney.

I'm no grade A driver but when you have truck drivers sitting behind you in peak hour congestion because you don't like to unnecessarily speed up and ride your brakes!
Then you must be doing something right I think?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is just click bait from someone who doesn’t even own a car! I’ll give Mr Boost one thing though, he does know how to invent crappy threads that generate a lot of replies.
I've owned more cars than most on here. I talk from experience ..

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your mate could lap the Nurburgring 37 seconds quicker than you.

But I agree the rs3 is one of the quickest street cars out there. Would blitz most cars from a set of lights.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's not like we can legally use their ludicrous speeds in this country anyway.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not like we can legally use their ludicrous speeds in this country anyway.
Depending on where you drive there ain't much stopping you from illegally doing those speeds.

I've owned more cars than most on here. I talk from experience ..
Like I say. Its not the car its the person handling it.

I used to own a 92 hilux and without trying I beat a workmate off the mark at a set of lights, he was driving an EA falcon station wagon.

He got the shits and floored it to 120 on Blacktown road to try and erase the take off.
Same ute I beat a skyline off the mark.

But it was some young punk who couldn't even grow a beard trying to show off for his girlfriend on that one.

Both times I shook my head thinking wtf?
How do I beat those cars off the mark?

But that particular model hilux had good gearing from 1st-3rd!

How I miss my hilux, that thing was a workhorse and was always good to knock back peasants who wanted to scab a lift!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
https://fastestlaps.com/tests/gmikk2m2558c

The rs3 lapped Nurburgring in 8 mins 20 seconds.. a good 37 seconds slower than the type r. Type r driver boiled the kettle and sipping his coffee by the time the rs3 comes round the mountain.

The rs3 has it in a straight line but handling it really falls away. Considering the rs3 is considerably faster down the straights the type r still makes up 37 seconds
Times aside I'd rather drive the RS3 than some civic

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The machine is unbreakable. Remember that Top Gear episode where they did everything to it yet it still kept going lol.

https://topgear.fandom.com/wiki/The_Indestructible_Hilux
I miss my hilux. One of my greatest life regrets was getting rid of it!

Best vehicle I ever owned.
For the 5 years I owned it, only every needed to be serviced twice.

It wasn't until I started letting my mums deadbeat ex husband start using it when it started getting problems.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I miss my hilux. One of my greatest life regrets was getting rid of it!

Best vehicle I ever owned.
For the 5 years I owned it, only every needed to be serviced twice.

It wasn't until I started letting my mums deadbeat ex husband start using it when it started getting problems.
Only thing that is stopping me from getting a ute/van as my runaround/drive anywhere with anything car is the commercial rego prices. My dads 99 Hiace rego cost too much and when you start getting big and heavy commercial cars yeah forget about it...

The family car is an aurion and it weighs about 70-90kgs over the small-medium car weight class yet rego goes up by 200-300$...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
VK then VL for me.

Worst has to be the VN / VP. Hate the looks on it
My first car was a VK. Whilst my mates had their mother's Corolla hand me downs, i was one of the few who actually bought their own.

At the time it felt quite manly to own (I even lost my licence driving it), but TBH, on reflection is was pretty gutless and used a shitload of fuel (only a 4 speed). I should have spend an extra couple of grand an bought a VL.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Only thing that is stopping me from getting a ute/van as my runaround/drive anywhere with anything car is the commercial rego prices. My dads 99 Hiace rego cost too much and when you start getting big and heavy commercial cars yeah forget about it...

The family car is an aurion and it weighs about 70-90kgs over the small-medium car weight class yet rego goes up by 200-300$...
My hilux wasn't too expensive to register.
It was roughly the same price to register as it is for my camry.

I used to hear this bs rumour that as you age your rego and insurance gets a bit cheaper?
At 35 this has yet to happen!

Theres too many myths that get passed off as facts in this country.
Its why i don't really care for talking too much!

If I had one wish it would be to become mute!

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
My first car was a VK. Whilst my mates had their mother's Corolla hand me downs, i was one of the few who actually bought their own.

At the time it felt quite manly to own (I even lost my licence driving it), but TBH, on reflection is was pretty gutless and used a shitload of fuel (only a 4 speed). I should have spend an extra couple of grand an bought a VL.
My older cousin had a hot yellow V8 VK. It was amazing, threw me back in my seat when he drove. That’s why I have that memory of a VK entrenched in my head lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

My stepdad reckons the VB was better than the VK.

His friends argued with him that the VK was better so he took them out, stole a VB, got a VK highway patrols attention.

Took them down Richmond road and says he lost them!
Said the headlights got smaller and smaller but he went too fast around a bend and slipped into a paddock and got stuck.

Otherwise he said he was clear away.
Also said the cops modded their cars and he still had them eating dust!