Social Media Luke Thompson is rumoured

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The article was written in 2018, read the date at the top......
Not trolling, I am providing relevant information to the discussion
“In really broad terms what we are not going to allow is a contract to come on the table for $200,000 in the first year and $600,000 in the second year. We are just not going to allow that to happen anymore," Greenberg said”

Without going in depth detail of dollar amounts, say he signs for four years (I don’t know how long, just as an example), gets paid $700k p/a. We have around $400k this year. Spread the other 300k over the term of three years, only $100k. That’s not $400k like Greenburg stating. That’s the ridiculous amounts the CEO is talking about.

Now Thompson himself, he doesn’t want to break a contract then good on him. A shrewd businessman or women will get their way, whatever obstacle they face. That’s all I’m trying to say.
Good signing, happy we have at least one good one for next year but that’s all it is. The board doing what they’re supposed to. Not going to lick their toes for something they need to do anyway. If they got him this year through all the obstacles they had to face, I would say kudos to the board and I honestly would have cheered as they would have deserved it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
“In really broad terms what we are not going to allow is a contract to come on the table for $200,000 in the first year and $600,000 in the second year. We are just not going to allow that to happen anymore," Greenberg said”

Without going in depth detail of dollar amounts, say he signs for four years (I don’t know how long, just as an example), gets paid $700k p/a. We have around $400k this year. Spread the other 300k over the term of three years, only $100k. That’s not $400k like Greenburg stating. That’s the ridiculous amounts the CEO is talking about.

Now Thompson himself, he doesn’t want to break a contract then good on him. A shrewd businessman or women will get their way, whatever obstacle they face. That’s all I’m trying to say.
Good signing, happy we have at least one good one for next year but that’s all it is. The board doing what they’re supposed to. Not going to lick their toes for something they need to do anyway. If they got him this year through all the obstacles they had to face, I would say kudos to the board and I honestly would have cheered as they would have deserved it.
The article does say no backended deals though. Todd has maybe just used that as an example to explain it. Good on Thompson for staying loyal to the club he’s been at since he was 11 and fulfilling his contract. That’s the sort of people we want at our club. I’d love him this year but I’m also glad we don’t have people like Dib at the club anymore

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not so keen on getting pommy backs they seem to have real trouble adapting to the NRL compared to the forwards.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A centre could be coming from the same team as Thompson.
Mark Percival ? Decent goal kicker also...dunno how that works with Smith and Hoppa and Averillo but I'll take it. The one I would really like is Lomax, dudes a out and out 6 and would be great next to someone like Wakeham