Official Luke Thompson Signs for 2021

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So where does signing news leave Pay? Guess they are extending him for 2021 at least?
Imagine these guys running the club? Lmao Pay would be on a 10 year contract! Praise him signing Thompson woooooo :unamused:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t owe you a damn thing you clown. I have no egg on my face. Enjoy the time you have here trolling. Sure it won’t last long again.
Trolling?

So when I reported last year that Hill was in England talking to Thompson and not pursuing Holbrook was I trolling?

Or was it you doing the trolling when you wrote endless paragraphs on how I was talking shit and that he was there purely to try and sign Holbrook and that we ‘missed out’ on Holbrook rendering Hills visits a complete disaster and an embarrassment to the club. Was that not you 09?
If you both don't quit it, you will be reply banned from this thread.

just enjoy this for what it is and leave your personal battles at the front door..

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s a hard runner, has abit of pace for a big fella.
Claimed as the best prop in the world.(not proven) hopefully he comes to the doggies and makes a huge impact.
behind woods and klemmer

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you both don't quit it, you will be reply banned from this thread.

just enjoy this for what it is and leave your personal battles at the front door..
What he said.

Finally some good news but you clowns still want to carry on.

WTF is wrong with some of you? Grow the fuck up.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
perfect timing Foran should be up and firing by then

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Amazing news. Hopefully more announcements to come. Can we send them Tolman and get him here now?
Don’t think that would work given the final year of cap restrictions. Even if they worked a deal for Tols to go to England it would be a hard sell for any club to pick up his richly back-ended final year. 2021 it is I think.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So where does signing news leave Pay? Guess they are extending him for 2021 at least?
We might have to wait until the season at least kicks off first

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Too early to say and couldn’t be decided off the back of one quality signing for next year. The team still have to get out of the gates and be competitive for this year before the club will decide on coaching in my view.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What he said.

Finally some good news but you clowns still want to carry on.

WTF is wrong with some of you? Grow the fuck up.
Thanks for stepping in. The told you so posts had the possibility of derailing this good news. Let's enjoy it and now realise we are competitors in the market place.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too early to say and couldn’t be decided off the back of one quality signing for next year. The team still have to get out of the gates and be competitive for this year before the club will decide on coaching in my view.
If anything, the signing of Thompson and anyone else will put more pressure on Pay early in the season as expectations for 2021 will be higher and the role will be even more attractive to other candidates than before.

I hope they wait several months before making a decision on the coaching front. Pay still has a lot to prove in my opinion.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think this has much bearing on Pay's future at all.
He gets no credit for this signing?

What about the issue of players wanting to know who the coach will be before they sign?

I can't see the Admin dumping him after a signing like this.

Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

What about the issue of players wanting to know who the coach will be before they sign?

He gets no credit on here when we win games as that was the effort from the players but he is blamed when we lose.
Of course he’ll get some credit from the club but the fact of the matter is, if we don’t improve his job is in serious jeopardy

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
not a bad signing although opinion on here seems divided on him going by what I've read other threads, I know little to nothing about him (don't watch ESL)

What we really need though is a line breaking centre along with a good half and a good winger to top things off..... get these and we are back as a top 8 team, possibly top 4

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

He should/will get some credit because he’s part of the signing and retention committee and would’ve been one of the club reps to sell the vision to Thompson.

But I don’t think that automatically means a contract extension for him. I think he’s more than capable of earning it, but he needs to earn it.

As for players wanting to know who’s coaching, it has to be more than that - it has to be a bigger story sold to them. In Thompson’s case if he was only concerned about the coach chances are he would’ve linked up with Holbrook at the Titans. In that sense he’s just proven he’s no Darius Boyd and I applaud him for that.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

He’ll still be the coach when Round 1 of 2021 rolls around. That is a certainty.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anything, the signing of Thompson and anyone else will put more pressure on Pay early in the season as expectations for 2021 will be higher and the role will be even more attractive to other candidates than before.

I hope they wait several months before making a decision on the coaching front. Pay still has a lot to prove in my opinion.
It’s his coaching tactics I don’t like. Then he lets the leash go a bit and they start playing more enjoyable footy. Two years in a row. That’s what I see.

He has 12 rounds to show otherwise I’ll stick to my judgement

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's hard to tell without knowing what went on with the signing but it did sound like Hill did the heavy lifting to get the deal done.

I really don't think this signing will mean a thing when it comes to Pays future it will all come down to results in 2020.