Official Luke Thompson Signs for 2021

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well there you go.. It's great news and hopefully there are more signings to come.

If Thompson can perform anywhere near the level of James Graham during his time with us then we'd all be thrilled.

Thankfully Hill has something to show for all of his efforts in chasing Thompson. Sorry I doubted him in that regard.

Hopefully this leads to other players following suit as they see that we're a club on the rise.. Hopefully we can follow Canberra's lead and keep signing more of the best ESL players..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This also means we only have one more season of Tolman playing fullback, halfback and taking settlers on the 4th!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it possible that you are suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect in regards to how player recruiting actually works?

Go Dogs
Hahaha, to be fair, I think a lot of kennelers show elements of DK at times.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
am i right in saying hes signed on for around 700k? i thought i remembered seeing that somewhere. If so id be happy with that figure. Bloke looks like he has a huge motor and although he isnt as big as other props (95kg) he managed to play almost a full game in the Grand Final and got the man of the match as a result. The way the game is going a more mobile prop like him could be a massive advantage. Heres his highlights from the GF:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=458523931679947

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Finally. One less position to worry about. Now we need to sign, a centre, a halve and a bench player and we are set.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Luke Thompson has decided to move on from the club when his contract expires at the end of the 2020 season.
Saints Chairman Eamonn McManus stated:

“We were informed last week that Luke has decided to join Canterbury Bulldogs next season.

“We accept and totally respect Luke’s decision and wish him nothing but success in his career and in his life. We are absolutely sure that he will be absolutely committed to the Club and to his teammates for the rest of this season.

“There’s no hiding from the fact that this is a bitter disappointment to all of us as Luke has been connected to the Club since the age of 11 and has developed into an absolute top player at 24 years old.

“If ever he decides to return to England and to Super League then there would be a red carpet waiting for him at St.Helens.”

Thompson is a product of the Saints Academy having been at the club since the age of 11.

The 24-year-old has made 158 appearances for the Saints scoring 25 tries and has won three League Leaders’ Shields in 2014, 2018 and 2019 as well as two Super League Grand Final rings in 2014 and more recently in 2019 – in a game which he took home the Harry Sunderland Trophy.

He will look to add to that record in 2020 as he sees out the final year of his contract with the club
Good news, I was starting to feel depressed a bit, lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
am i right in saying hes signed on for around 700k? i thought i remembered seeing that somewhere. If so id be happy with that figure. Bloke looks like he has a huge motor and although he isnt as big as other props (95kg) he managed to play almost a full game in the Grand Final and got the man of the match as a result. The way the game is going a more mobile prop like him could be a massive advantage. Heres his highlights from the GF:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=458523931679947
There's no way he's 95kgs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This also means we only have one more season of Tolman playing fullback, halfback and taking settlers on the 4th!
he'll be resigned same as Foran... should be good watching the meltdown

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
what is more important than signing Thompson is the image of signing Thompson.. surely now that weve landed a marque player, other off contract players will sit up and take note that belmore is the place to be, as it is on the rise..

This signing is more vital than it appears .. well done to the Board.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he'll be resigned same as Foran... should be good watching the meltdown
Haha. I doubt it. Can't see either being re-signed. There would be a Chernobyl level meltdown if both were though.