Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I still have some old issue of dirty deeds, hype, etc laying around. Might have to go look for them now.

My Hype mags were stolen, which was shit at the time but not phased now.. well besides the fact that they fetch a bit online

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Don't you hate it when you're going for a seat but the fat fuck or old Asian lady in front of you grab it first? That's why I always get the train from the last carriage. There's usually much more room there.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Since I can remember, being a Sydney Trains train driver was my dream job. Don't know why, but for some reason after all these years this has gotten me interested, as I'm done in IT as far as I'm concerned.

Would a late 20s, IT background, used to working odd hours person have any advantages at all in the process? What is the model person Sydeny Trains are looking for?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't you hate it when you're going for a seat but the fat fuck or old Asian lady in front of you grab it first? That's why I always get the train from the last carriage. There's usually much more room there.
Fat Asian beats an obese Leb 9 times out of 10

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I prefer standing up on trains near the door.
That way if the train ever derails and I survive, the chances are higher I'll be one of the first rescued!

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I prefer standing up on trains near the door.
That way if the train ever derails and I survive, the chances are higher I'll be one of the first rescued!
again, up front is best, we have a door at the front we can get out of, and a door at each side we can manually open

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Since I can remember, being a Sydney Trains train driver was my dream job. Don't know why, but for some reason after all these years this has gotten me interested, as I'm done in IT as far as I'm concerned.

Would a late 20s, IT background, used to working odd hours person have any advantages at all in the process? What is the model person Sydeny Trains are looking for?
Not far off it...

Age is irrelevant to them to be honest.

Pass their tests, meet the criteria, pass the medical etc, all is well..

feel free to message me if you have any questions

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
again, up front is best, we have a door at the front we can get out of, and a door at each side we can manually open
Yeah I usually like sitting in the carriage which contains the driver.

Its best carriage if you getting off at central because its right near the steps.
You make it out before the flood of people.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
back car ftw
I suppose it depends?
What if you in the back and a runaway train behind you collides into your train?
In the back you take the main impact!

Im sure Ecca will tell us they have safety protocols to ensure a runaway train don't happen?

I remember the London disaster like it was yesterday.
That was a pretty big deal until 911.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Within the Sydney Trains network they use 2 signal protection, which means that there is a gap of 2 red signals between trains at any time. (There are exceptions to this, however when you get within 2 signals you are forced to do so at a slow speed <25km/h ).

Signals within the Sydney Trains network also have what is called train stops, which is a little metal stick that sticks up at a red signal, and if a train passes the red signal, it forces the train to stop)

The reality is, that it would be next to impossible for a "runaway train" situation to occur within the local network.

There is far more to it than that, but hope that is enough because I am way too lazy to explain in any more detail
I suppose it depends?
What if you in the back and a runaway train behind you collides into your train?

Im sure Ecca will tell us they have safety protocols to ensure a runaway train don't happen?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suppose it depends?

back car was always the best for mischief when I was younger.. though the funny thing is that on the Bankstown and inner west lines, there is always a token asian with a trolley seated right next to the back car driver doors :D

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
back car was always the best for mischief when I was younger.. though the funny thing is that on the Bankstown and inner west lines, there is always a token asian with a trolley seated right next to the back car driver doors :D
The more new trains there are, the more the middle of the train is the best for mischief as the guard is at the back now

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The more new trains there are, the more the middle of the train is the best for mischief as the guard is at the back now
lol true.. those days are over anyway.. I was also thinking of the ridgeys and tangos that don't have cameras in them like the new trains

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Within the Sydney Trains network they use 2 signal protection, which means that there is a gap of 2 red signals between trains at any time. (There are exceptions to this, however when you get within 2 signals you are forced to do so at a slow speed <25km/h ).

Signals within the Sydney Trains network also have what is called train stops, which is a little metal stick that sticks up at a red signal, and if a train passes the red signal, it forces the train to stop)

The reality is, that it would be next to impossible for a "runaway train" situation to occur within the local network.

There is far more to it than that, but hope that is enough because I am way too lazy to explain in any more detail
In short. This is the reason why trains usually get caught between Redfern and central in peak hour! Lmao.