The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
bro I see people posting selfies before and after funeral services and stuff like that... fuck is wrong with people
I know, it's ridiculous. One lady posted a pic of herself taken while praying at her mothers grave. I mean come on... that's mean to be something sacred and private.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I never thought this would happen, but I've finally cracked the shits with Chrome and gone back to using Firefox.

Chrome will not:
  • Download Reddit pages
  • Show me tracking info for courier parcels
  • Upload files to my cloud account
Firefox... these 3 things were the first things I tried, and they work straight away.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That poor father as well has the added burden of suggesting they go on that walk. The family will never get over it but he has that added torment. All due to that drunk lowlife. Start making examples of them and throw away the key.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I never thought this would happen, but I've finally cracked the shits with Chrome and gone back to using Firefox.

Chrome will not:
  • Download Reddit pages
Firefox... these 3 things were the first things I tried, and they work straight away.
I'm starting to move away from Chrome. It is slowly getting worse. I like the fact that it syncs all my stuff up, but it has some major issues. The biggest one for me right now is Chrome mobile. Complete junk right now. If I try to do anything on the Kennel it thinks I'm clicking on adverts.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That poor father as well has the added burden of suggesting they go on that walk. The family will never get over it but he has that added torment. All due to that drunk lowlife. Start making examples of them and throw away the key.
I'm trying to take comfort into this whole thing by knowing that they're in a better place now. Their father said the same thing yesterday.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
bro I see people posting selfies before and after funeral services and stuff like that... fuck is wrong with people
One of several reasons why TK is my only form of social media. Too many people creating fake lives for themselves with garbage posts desperate for likes. No thanks.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I just think it's focusing on the wrong area... It's not going to deter people who are blind drunk because in that situation, nobody gives a fuck (clearly).. but also alcohol related crimes are far from limited to driving, so the focus needs to be on people getting into that state, and how common and accepted it is for people to do it regularly.. shit I couldn't even count the amount of times I was blacked out at a pub over a decade or so when I was drinking lots.. something I am not proud of obviously.. or even just being ridiculously blind but having no trouble continuing to drink..

tech could definitely reduce the amount of incidents on the road created by drunk drivers.. only issue there is, does that mean you have to do said test every time goes to drive, even when not drinking, and people who don't even drink have to do the test..
Yeah there's definitely social issues to overcome as well. It's not easy - but we can't trust everyone to do the right thing. Did you see there was another one last night - thankfully no-one hurt but some woman blew 0.322 or something - with a 3 year old in the backseat.
That sort of intoxication can bring on a coma and this person chose to drive and with a child. There's no words for the irresponsibility.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that the tests are the answer, rather self driving cars. The cars will drive themselves and comply with local traffic laws.
You could well be right about this - but I reckon the biggest barrier with self-driving cars is people's need for control and trusting them. We're a long way from where it would be considered normal to get into any form of transport not controlled by a human (outside highly enclosed and controlled environments such metro trains).

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think this one will get a very big sentence but yet by tonight there will be people still driving home drunk and people still making excuses " it's only round the corner " I'm not that drunk" I " i was only 20km over the speed limit" " fucking speed cameras just revenue raisers " practily every offence a driver makes there's an exuse and some how they are the victim .
Road rules are pretty simple and everyone knows the biggest 2 speeding and drinking driving are a big Fucking no.but it continues to happen .

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah there's definitely social issues to overcome as well. It's not easy - but we can't trust everyone to do the right thing. Did you see there was another one last night - thankfully no-one hurt but some woman blew 0.322 or something - with a 3 year old in the backseat.
That sort of intoxication can bring on a coma and this person chose to drive and with a child. There's no words for the irresponsibility.

yeah I agree.. drinking is so deeply embedded in our culture that it will take a lot to see any type of results no matter what we do.. I think cracking down hard on RSA would be the first step in the right direction, but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon unfortunately. I didn't actually... that's poor as fuck form with a child in the back seat.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Parents who overshare on social media (part Facebook). Stay at home mothers are the worst offenders from what i've observed.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gutless Dogs who still expect me to relinquish control of my life to them to fulfill their power trip.
The jerks don't understand that doesn't happen in Australia and the public has been duped to try and justify it.
Can't happen.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Chrome will not:
  • Download Reddit pages
Firefox shits on them all! My staff didn’t believe me until they tried. I love the “I told you so” line haha

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bro, wtf! What goes through peoples mind when they think of writing that shit!
They don't think mate, that's their problem. They are uneducated and cant fathom what they're saying. These 4 kids were all born here making them AUSTRALIAN. Also considering they are from a working class family, no tax payers were paying for them.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Waiting for a new bed to be delivered, was SMS yesterday advising 8am-2pm. Got a call at around lunch time saying it would come between 1pm and 5pm.

Luckily I had blocked most of the day out anyway, but how do they know that? Really fkn inconsiderate.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Chrome will not:
  • Download Reddit pages
Use Brave