Opinion Alternative Rock/ Punk / Grunge

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christ I'm gunna show my age here:
Deep Purple (still have Machine Head and Burn on stone tablets)
Slade
Steppenwolf
Kinks (thanks Mum)
T-Rex

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Christ I'm gunna show my age here:
Deep Purple (still have Machine Head and Burn on stone tablets)
Slade
Steppenwolf
Kinks (thanks Mum)
T-Rex
Tony Williams released music??
Was it as bad as his football?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
He'd fit in well with most pop stars and mumble rappers of today. Get paid lots of money to make shit house music.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He'd fit in well with most pop stars and mumble rappers of today. Get paid lots of money to make shit house music.
So true mate. I never wanted to become that person who criticised the next generation and their music but I think it’s inevitable. And at the end of the day you can’t polish a turd :-).

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So true mate. I never wanted to become that person who criticised the next generation and their music but I think it’s inevitable. And at the end of the day you can’t polish a turd :-).
I was only having this conversation on the weekend with a mate. We were like is it just a generation thing or is the mainstream pop and rap just absolutely garbage. We both come to the conclusion it's literally just garbage.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I was only having this conversation on the weekend with a mate. We were like is it just a generation thing or is the mainstream pop and rap just absolutely garbage. We both come to the conclusion it's literally just garbage.
It is because it’s more marketing than music these days. Technology also allows much studio trickery so it’s not that hard to make person who can’t sing that well sound acceptable. Not gone but very much less are the days where you had to compose and perform with your instrument and you had to sing in tune without technology to assist that. I’m originally an audio engineer so feel qualified to speak on this topic apart from personal tastes.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is because it’s more marketing than music these days. Technology also allows much studio trickery so it’s not that hard to make person who can’t sing that well sound acceptable. Not gone but very much less are the days where you had to compose and perform with your instrument and you had to sing in tune without technology to assist that. I’m originally an audio engineer so feel qualified to speak on this topic apart from personal tastes.
I forgot to mention one thing I can't stand is that god damn auto-tune that a majority of the pop and rappers use. It sound absolutely horrible.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I forgot to mention one thing I can't stand is that god damn auto-tune that a majority of the pop and rappers use. It sound absolutely horrible.
Equally bad is the vocal track doubling / tripling dare I say ‘harmonising’ or just ‘sing’ like Ariana Grande (nasally waffle) to cover up the fact you can’t actually sing very well. Ugh.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, yes it was. It was a compilation album of a mix of Christian Songs and Gangster Rap - "God grant me the wisdom to pop a cap in his ass" was a single released.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, yes it was. It was a compilation album of a mix of Christian Songs and Gangster Rap - "God grant me the wisdom to pop a cap in his ass" was a single released.
If I get the chance to listen to that - I won't. :-)

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

How good is old school Blink