Opinion Who will be our full time goal kicker in 2020?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
LOLLLL wtf would @187 give this post a "Optimistic" rating if all he did was give you real figures for what the three players kicking percentages are.
How would you prefer to consume your data for decision making purposes superman - using larger and more relevant data samples, or by using a 3 game data sample?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@Sancho2020 I have no interest in getting in the middle of your - ahem - debate with another Kenneler, but I’m curious given you’re very pro-Wakeham (and to boot anti-Lewis) how many kicks the 80% is based off? Don’t get me wrong, the kid looks exciting, I’m sure he’ll get a shot this year and I hope he kills it - but it’s unlikely he’ll be our starting 7 or first choice goal kicker from Round 1 (yes I know, probably Dean’s fault). All I’m saying is it’s much more likely that Meaney will be the first choice goal kicker regardless of these stats.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Won't matter anyway until we learn to score tries

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
@Sancho2020 I have no interest in getting in the middle of your - ahem - debate with another Kenneler, but I’m curious given you’re very pro-Wakeham (and to boot anti-Lewis) how many kicks the 80% is based off? Don’t get me wrong, the kid looks exciting, I’m sure he’ll get a shot this year and I hope he kills it - but it’s unlikely he’ll be our starting 7 or first choice goal kicker from Round 1 (yes I know, probably Dean’s fault). All I’m saying is it’s much more likely that Meaney will be the first choice goal kicker regardless of these stats.
I’m with you mate, he’s only played fuckin reserves

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are gunna need a back up kicker to Meanie, Watene Zelezniak should learn to kick too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m with you mate, he’s only played fuckin reserves
I hope he has a long and successful career with us, but it’s early days and I just can’t see him starting Round 1 in first grade, but who knows.

I think Lewis had second album syndrome somewhat last year so interested to see how he goes this year.

I’m also keen to see how Meaney has developed over summer - for mine he was coming really good on the wing in the back half of last year and he’ll definitely be first choice goal kicker. We will need a backup though.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney's gonna be in the team and is pretty steady with his kicking. Looks like he's growing in confidence in first grade so I'd go with him. If he keeps the improvement from late last season going he'll be very good in general play too.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think it will be Meaney. Has Stimson ever kicked goals though ? swear I've seen him take a couple shots

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Meaney gets nod with cogger as back up

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay wont be picking Wakeham which leaves Meaney. Holland is the better goal kicker but for some reason even if he's on field Pay will give kicking duties to Meaney.
Hopefully Ill be proven wrong on all accounts in 2 months.