Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

74WOOF

Waterboy
Reaction score
Deano, call your mate Ricky...

I’m sure you’ll get him real cheap now...

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are we not pursuing him, we don’t have the luxury of picking and choosing whoever we want atm.
25 years old, 83 tries in 123 games

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Won’t happen. Unfortunately.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'll take him on the wing with Souths paying, but I'm guessing he will or probably have a sook because he thinks he's a fullback.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Johnston would be a good addition when looking at what we currently have. Only 25 and would be our best winger. Bulldogs fans might be bias but he's better than Meaney and Okunbor. You could make a case for Reimis but I still think your argument would be based on potential.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People complain about lack of recruiting and how bad our squad is and then make suggestions like this.. average wingers aren't going to solve our problems.. nor are the tens of players that are mentioned by some... unless we can get a quality centre, hooker, half or prop, then I ain't really interested and I'd rather promote a junior..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm keen to see the development of Meaney and Oku myself but he'd be a good pickup for a team like the Titans

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad player but no standout either
I’m expecting better caliber by season end or into next year
Our recruitment needs to bring some real quality,not too many but quality

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem with Johnston is he will want "fullback money", no matter where he plays.

Go Dogs

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Why should we be chasing him he ain't that great.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently North Queensland are not only keeping a keen eye on his current situation at Souths BUT also enquired about him already.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would have been interested in doulieh or what ever his name was. If he came cheap. Just as a stop gap half, or utility or even a back up fullback when DWZ goes down at some stage throughout the year :p

AJ would be too expensive. Great speed and decent back. Might have potential to be a good fullback. But good try scoring winger. And anyone that doubts that is just a hater. Record speaks for itself.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently North Queensland are not only keeping a keen eye on his current situation at Souths BUT also enquired about him already.
How could the Cowboys have cap space when they have Morgan, Holmes and Taumalolo taking up $3 million?

That's $7 million left for 27 players at an average of 260k each.. They just signed Masters, Robson, Drinkwater etc while still having Hess, McLean and others on decent money..

The few teams like ours that try and stay under the cap are fighting a losing battle when most of the comp is easily over it.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How could the Cowboys have cap space when they have Morgan, Holmes and Taumalolo taking up $3 million?

That's $7 million left for 27 players at an average of 260k each.. They just signed Masters, Robson, Drinkwater etc while still having Hess, McLean and others on decent money..

The few teams like ours that try and stay under the cap are fighting a losing battle when most of the comp is easily over it.
McGuire.