Social Media Luke Thompson is rumoured

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ben murdoch masillia is killing it over there
Always had the talent. Was the next best thing coming through at Keebra and Wests.

It just never translated enough. He would still offer something to right club I reckon.

Souths need an edge backrower. Wayne could get something out of him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DWZ is hardly a creative threat at this stage and hasn't been for pretty much his entire firstgrade career, far from sold longterm on him at fullback until I actually see him producing those key plays.
Your not wrong but his better than anything we have had since 2013.. I consider it a pass mark for now.

In saying that i'd say attacking structures and combinations make FB'z look good and ours is very basic stuff that would even stress Teddy out.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always had the talent. Was the next best thing coming through at Keebra and Wests.

It just never translated enough. He would still offer something to right club I reckon.

Souths need an edge backrower. Wayne could get something out of him.
Souths need a whole forward pack. Apart from Murray they have nothing although I do rate Tatola….

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone even watched this bloke play more than 1 game yet?
Not really because his been injured most of the time due to severe heartlidge injuries. Bit of a phony in my opinion.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Souths need a whole forward pack. Apart from Murray they have nothing although I do rate Tatola….
Arrow helps losing sburgess. Wish We could recruit as swiftly. Especially ahead of time like 2021.

Been waiting a decade for our rockstar.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your not wrong but his better than anything we have had since 2013.. I consider it a pass mark for now.

In saying that i'd say attacking structures and combinations make FB'z look good and ours is very basic stuff that would even stress Teddy out.
Sorta agree but at the same time I'd still expect a lot more. DWZ has just never hit me as the creative outlet you need at FB these days, doesn't really have the vision or ability to probe a defensive line and has always been better at just aggressively attacking the space in front of him or beating an opponent with strength. Still think a move to centre would suit him far more, but for the time being he is at FB and has the season to add more to his game and go from there.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Arrow helps losing sburgess. Wish We could recruit as swiftly. Especially ahead of time like 2021.

Been waiting a decade for our rockstar.
They did but not for this season and If that was us it would be considered shit recruitment. Regardless of Arrow they are still half shit with bog average props.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
They did but not for this season and If that was us it would be considered shit recruitment. Regardless of Arrow they are still half shit with bog average props.
Murray is better then any forward we have.

Arrow is better then any forward we have.

Lowe played for Qld last year and was very good too for them.

Cook behind them improves their pack dramatically too.

Rest I could agree with.

Though their 1-7 is not even comparable.

That said arrow is a great replacement for sburgess so fast to do so was impressive. A very very good forward at 24 with his career ahead would be a pretty interesting spin to make him a shit signing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorta agree but at the same time I'd still expect a lot more. DWZ has just never hit me as the creative outlet you need at FB these days, doesn't really have the vision or ability to probe a defensive line and has always been better at just aggressively attacking the space in front of him or beating an opponent with strength. Still think a move to centre would suit him far more, but for the time being he is at FB and has the season to add more to his game and go from there.
No argument. Kinda interested to see how Averillo goes at NRL level and if he can shift to the back down the line considering his got some pretty decent traits to be a modern day FB.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No argument. Kinda interested to see how Averillo goes at NRL level and if he can shift to the back down the line considering his got some pretty decent traits to be a modern day FB.
That's why I was so keen for Averillo to start at centre for us, have him defend there and potentially shift him to fullback at times in attack to give us something different.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's why I was so keen for Averillo to start at centre for us, have him defend there and potentially shift him to fullback at times in attack to give us something different.
If things aren’t going good and the season gets away from us again it would be awesome if Pay threw Averillo at 6 Wakeham at 7 and let them have a few games together. If we get the recruitment/retention around the forward pack right it will make a massive difference to the halves. Very hard to do much when forwards aren’t going forward especially winning the middle that’s where it all starts IMO.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If things aren’t going good and the season gets away from us again it would be awesome if Pay threw Averillo at 6 Wakeham at 7 and let them have a few games together. If we get the recruitment/retention around the forward pack right it will make a massive difference to the halves. Very hard to do much when forwards aren’t going forward especially winning the middle that’s where it all starts IMO.
Our forward pack doesn't really need that much work imo, should be more than good enough to keep us in games this season as long as they're actually fit and well drilled unlike previous seasons. Tolman out for a more athletic prop would be ideal and Napa losing some weight would be great.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forward pack doesn't really need that much work imo, should be more than good enough to keep us in games this season as long as they're actually fit and well drilled unlike previous seasons. Tolman out for a more athletic prop would be ideal and Napa losing some weight would be great.
That’s probably where we differ in opinion. Front row/ middle rotation is weak in my opinion back row however is great but I think the dominance starts in the middle and sets the tone for the half’s to work with the edges.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s probably where we differ in opinion. Front row/ middle rotation is weak in my opinion back row however is great but I think the dominance starts in the middle and sets the tone for the half’s to work with the edges.
Yes ideally I'd dump both Tolman and Napa and start fresh, but we're stuck with Napa for the time being so he simply needs to be better. To'omaga and RFM should've been more than good enough off the bench with one of them potentially pushing up into the starting side, but RFM is injured and looks like he will keep picking up injuries. So one proper prop signing and a Molo like signing should've be more than good enough.

Either way whoever's there just needs to be fitter and better drilled like I mentioned, our wrestle sucks and we struggle to continually get numbers into tackles.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which is why should be playing hard for a prop now.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is why should be playing hard for a prop now.
Lol at the bullshit that Thompson has signed with the dogs and is in the 10 day cooling off period......looks like another player linked to us for so long who won't be coming to our club. Everyone makes it out as if he is the worlds best prop based on playing in a mickey mouse comp in the ESL. Why didn't the dogs make a play for Jai Arrow? or did they? Honestly who the hell knows what is going on anymore.