News Brain cancer diagnosis forces rising Cronulla Sharks forward Fine Kula to retire

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Cronulla Sharks have announced that rising star Fine Kula has been diagnosed with brain cancer and will retire immediately.

The 21-year-old forward will now begin intensive treatment at Liverpool hospital.

Kula joined the Sharks from his native New Zealand over five years ago.
He progressed through the junior grades and was added to the NRL club’s top-30 squad for the upcoming 2020 season
He took to Instagram to announce the news, writing: “Been deleting this and redoing it but really don’t know how to say it.

“But I started playing the game of rugby league at 12 years old and I have loved the game ever since.
“It gave me the opportunity to up lift my family to Australia, been such a pleasure playing for the Sharks, made friends that I know will be friends for a long time, but due to medical reasons for now gonna have to hang up the boot
Hurts thinking about it, footy has been a lifestyle for me past seven years.

“But being around family and getting healthy is next task for me.

“Thanks everyone who has messaged me.’
In a statement the Sharks said: “The Sharks are offering their full support to Kula and his family at this difficult time, with details being worked through, in consultation with the Men of League Foundation, regarding fundraising activities aimed at assisting with the ongoing costs associated with his treatment.
The Cronulla Club, NRL coaching staff and the playing group are rallying around Kula and his family, with Sharks welfare staff also providing support and assistance.”

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Horrible. Kid on the verge of living his dream and it's all taken away from him.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Tragic news. Love and thoughts to the kid. Hopefully he is able to overcome this horrible disease and live healthy and happy.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor bloke horrible news just goes to show no matter how old how fit this shit can strike anyone

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Cronulla Sharks have announced that rising star Fine Kula has been diagnosed with brain cancer and will retire immediately.

The 21-year-old forward will now begin intensive treatment at Liverpool hospital.

Kula joined the Sharks from his native New Zealand over five years ago.
He progressed through the junior grades and was added to the NRL club’s top-30 squad for the upcoming 2020 season
He took to Instagram to announce the news, writing: “Been deleting this and redoing it but really don’t know how to say it.

“But I started playing the game of rugby league at 12 years old and I have loved the game ever since.
“It gave me the opportunity to up lift my family to Australia, been such a pleasure playing for the Sharks, made friends that I know will be friends for a long time, but due to medical reasons for now gonna have to hang up the boot
Hurts thinking about it, footy has been a lifestyle for me past seven years.

“But being around family and getting healthy is next task for me.

“Thanks everyone who has messaged me.’
In a statement the Sharks said: “The Sharks are offering their full support to Kula and his family at this difficult time, with details being worked through, in consultation with the Men of League Foundation, regarding fundraising activities aimed at assisting with the ongoing costs associated with his treatment.
The Cronulla Club, NRL coaching staff and the playing group are rallying around Kula and his family, with Sharks welfare staff also providing support and assistance.”
I wish him all the best..ynwa

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This really hits home for myself, one of my really good chick mates got diagnosed with a brain tumour a few months ago, and it’s the worst thing to see anyone have to go through, you would NOT wish this on your worst enemy..!!! It’s just not fair sometimes.

poor bloke, and I give my best wishes to him,all his friends and family,and all that know him personally. I hope you make it through this bud an carry on living your best life , I feel for you all at this very sad time.Get well ASAP :blush:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tragic. Prayers and thoughts goes to him and his family and anyone going through such horrible times.

Hopefully somehow someway a blessed speedy recovery happens.

No words can cover this stuff.