Social Media Luke Thompson is rumoured

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fisher Harris is a work horse. Any club would benefit from him.
I heard he wanted to come to the bulldogs because he’s close with dwz and chn
Would pay double for Harris than I would for Thompson if he plays in the front row.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would pay double for Harris than I would for Thompson if he plays in the front row.
1.4m per season for a prop that barely makes 8m per carry while lacking the pure attacking output of the top offensive props? Calm down lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can see both sides of this one for a player like him. Wouldn't be upset if we got him or not tbh, that's if we can keep what we have coming through aswell. Jackson, CHN, Stimpson, RFM, Renouf, Topine etc all cut it for me.
Was just throwing names out really, he is one that comes to mind as one that bends the line constantly.
I wouldn't say he bends the line more than the average middle forward though, both him and Tolman average the exact same metres per run with Tolman having the quicker play the ball lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1.4m per season for a prop that barely makes 8m per carry while lacking the pure attacking output of the top offensive props? Calm down lol.
Lol OBVIOUSLY an outlandish call but JFH would be an awesome addition to the squad. He plays tough and can score points, not many up and coming front rowers like him around.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol OBVIOUSLY an outlandish call but JFH would be an awesome addition to the squad. He plays tough and can score points, not many up and coming front rowers like him around.
Ehh still not keen on him with our current squad, he's best as your third middle and with Jackson extending his stay I'd rather play him there.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he bends the line more than the average middle forward though, both him and Tolman average the exact same metres per run with Tolman having the quicker play the ball lol.
id swap Tolman and JFH if it were possible and not even give it a second thought...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
id swap Tolman and JFH if it were possible and not even give it a second thought...
Same, but the "he consistently bends the line" comment is really all that true.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ehh still not keen on him with our current squad, he's best as your third middle and with Jackson extending his stay I'd rather play him there.
Totally agree as we seriously don't need anymore backrowers. I see JFH as a prop and would only want him if his willing to play there as we a in dyer need of tough big bodies through the middle.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Vbs hardest earned player 2019
Who wouldn’t want him. Dogs can play him in the front row

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Totally agree as we seriously don't need anymore backrowers. I see JFH as a prop and would only want him if his willing to play there as we a in dyer need of tough big bodies through the middle.
I'm favouring more explosive props that can spark some opportunities with footwork and late offloads, To'omaga is the only one we have right now with RFM out injured.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd keep Tolman as part of the prop rotation on a revised salary. If RT kicks and we can pick up a tough prop like a JFH then we should be ok in the front row for a few years.

Napa
JFH

RT
Tolman

Is a good balanced rotation in my opinion.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm favouring more explosive props that can spark some opportunities with footwork and late offloads, To'omaga is the only one we have right now with RFM out injured.
His not a Haas but his pretty explosive. I'll admit I haven't watched JFH that closely but from memory his a bloody weapon when there aren't many young ones out there.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Seriously wouldn't consider Thompson a metre eater and he constantly gets dominated... He is easily tackled one on one and I actually haven't seen a front rower get chopped down so easily in a long time like he does. If your seriously after a metre eater who can stand in tackles of two or three then Walmsley is definitely the better option for a couple of years until the prop stocks reform.
I like Walmsley alot but his age and back injury is what put me off him. He's better off staying in the ESL imo even though he's head and shoulders above anyone we have

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely. Would love to have him here.

Goes 80 mins in the middle, strong ball carrier, has an offload, and is one of the hardest hitters in defence in the comp. Rare commodity. One of the first blokes picked in the NZ team atm.

Can’t believe there’s people on here who’d turn their nose up at his signature. Clueless.
He's a great player no doubt I had him in a few of my multis as a try scorer when he was named on the edge... He's still a quality player but once he goes into the middle he finds it very difficult to break the line and would never score. Hes a great player but I can see what Sancho is getting at.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's a great player no doubt I had him in a few of my multis as a try scorer when he was named on the edge... He's still a quality player but once he goes into the middle he finds it very difficult to break the line and would never score. Hes a great player but I can see what Sancho is getting at.
Any player is gonna find it tougher to break the line through the middle as opposed to the edge.

I can tell you if he was available tomorrow than there would be 15 clubs interested. One of the best forwards going around.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fisher Harris is a work horse. Any club would benefit from him.
I heard he wanted to come to the bulldogs because he’s close with dwz and chn
Is he off contract this year? If so get DWZ and CHN to persuade him to come. Also get if DWZ's brother is good he can come as well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Walmsley alot but his age and back injury is what put me off him. He's better off staying in the ESL imo even though he's head and shoulders above anyone we have
It is an issue of course but every time I tune in to watch England, GB or St helens for Thompson all I notice is Walmsley carrying the side. His a fit big boy and don't think his age is that deterring tbh and probably worth a go for a couple of years if he wants it.

Walmsley, Vaughan or Harris would be effin grouse right now...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His not a Haas but his pretty explosive. I'll admit I haven't watched JFH that closely but from memory his a bloody weapon when there aren't many young ones out there.
Yh I don't really agree, he's good but I defenitely think a few of you guys are making him out to be far better than he actually is lol. But yes, he's defenitely better than both our starting props and would be an upgrade.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is he off contract this year? If so get DWZ and CHN to persuade him to come. Also get if DWZ's brother is good he can come as well.
Nah he signed a new 2-3 year deal before Dwz left. So probably can’t get him. But you never know contracts don’t mean much anymore