Social Media Luke Thompson is rumoured

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching the game live now saints vs Salford Thompson still on the field and at the 28th minute he made a cover tackle on a winger better then any of our backs can make lol jks but honestly he is impressive at club leave but I haven’t seen him make this impact playing for England vs the Aussies.
His really not all that.. In 4 games I have never seen the bloke break a tackle apart from on his highlight reel and gets chopped down fairly easily in one on ones.. I reckon Walmsley, David Fafita and Kasiano do more damage in the ESL compared to Thompson.

Last edited:

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His really not all that.. In 4 games I have never seen the bloke break a tackle apart from on his highlight reel and gets chopped down fairly easily in one on ones.. I reckon Walmsley, David Fafita and Kasiano do more damage in the ESL compared to Thompson.
Yeah I kinda agree, but Thompson has a big motor and jammer never really broke tackles either so I’m keen to take a punt on him.

And mate ben murdoch masila goes alright as well loved the run he did the other night on Gburgers he absolutely Buried him in the turf I kinda felt a little happy since he done the same thing to Trex in the 2014 GF not the fact that Trex didn’t deserve it but that was the game changer of the match.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I kinda agree, but Thompson has a big motor and jammer never really broke tackles either so I’m keen to take a punt on him.

And mate ben murdoch masila goes alright as well loved the run he did the other night on Gburgers he absolutely Buried him in the turf I kinda felt a little happy since he done the same thing to Trex in the 2014 GF not the fact that Trex didn’t deserve it but that was the game changer of the match.
Yeah though Jammer was a plodder and Thompson gets dominated in tackles very easily just like Graham. We need a damaging metre eater like u said Murdoch Masilla and I was actually thinking about him this morning and thought some other club picked him up but no nothing.

I had a look at a few of the lists for this years season and not many teams have gone shopping and if anything their lists have weakened. Plenty of clubs looking to blood youth this year so hopefully some good young props come through that we can throw the bank at.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah though Jammer was a plodder and Thompson gets dominated in tackles very easily just like Graham. We need a damaging metre eater like u said Murdoch Masilla and I was actually thinking about him this morning and thought some other club picked him up but no nothing.

I had a look at a few of the lists for this years season and not many teams have gone shopping and if anything their lists have weakened. Plenty of clubs looking to blood youth this year so hopefully some good young props come through that we can throw the bank at.
Thompson is the forward we need. He's a mobile hard working front rower who doesn't get dominated ... Napa and Renouf should be our bench front rowers so we need to sign a damaging metre eater to start with him if we are lucky enough to get him in the first place. Not many good front rowers off contract in the next 2 seasons anyway sadly only one I'd take looking at the zero tackle lists is Frizzell and try entice him to play up front

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson is the forward we need. He's a mobile hard working front rower who doesn't get dominated ... Napa and Renouf should be our bench front rowers so we need to sign a damaging metre eater to start with him if we are lucky enough to get him in the first place. Not many good front rowers off contract in the next 2 seasons anyway sadly only one I'd take looking at the zero tackle lists is Frizzell and try entice him to play up front
Agree, if we have in fact missed out on Thompson Frizzell would be a great target. He'd want a bit of coin but worth it.
We have some coming through, Renouf for sure be great, happy enough with Napa starting. Cant see Tolman getting extended. Not many on the list bar maybe Tamou. RFH would be another target.

Edit: Yep JFH I meant

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree, if we have in fact missed out on Thompson Frizzell would be a great target. He'd want a bit of coin but worth it.
We have some coming through, Renouf for sure be great, happy enough with Napa starting. Cant see Tolman getting extended. Not many on the list bar maybe Tamou. RFH would be another target.
RFH? I'm guessing your meant JFH? Wouldn't touch him, just another player in the same sort of mould of what we already have plenty of. Jackson should really be playing a similar role to him at lock for us.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No I meant the penny dropped. As in a few people might be starting to put two and two together. Pretty simple to follow. I guess it hasn’t dropped for some still sadly. That or it’s a bit hard to face up to reality.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
RFH? I'm guessing your meant JFH? Wouldn't touch him, just another player in the same sort of mould of what we already have plenty of. Jackson should really be playing a similar role to him at lock for us.
Why do you say that bro? Curious cause JFH plays big minutes can break the line and hit hard. He’s also a lot bigger physically than Jacko. Not suggesting JFH should be a key target but I can see plus side in having him over some of our current forward if we were ever interested.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why do you say that bro? Curious cause JFH plays big minutes can break the line and hit hard. He’s also a lot bigger physically than Jacko.
He made 3 line breaks and broke 24 tackles last season, he's hardly the explosive ball runner we need through the middle. I have no doubt in my mind that Jackson would produce similar numbers if he played a full season at lock.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why do you say that bro? Curious cause JFH plays big minutes can break the line and hit hard. He’s also a lot bigger physically than Jacko. Not suggesting JFH should be a key target but I can see plus side in having him over some of our current forward if we were ever interested.
Fisher Harris is a work horse. Any club would benefit from him.
I heard he wanted to come to the bulldogs because he’s close with dwz and chn

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
25 offloads too.. and there isn’t a stat that measures how hard someone tackles but fair point I am also a fan of Jacko at lock in the middle so hopefully that’s where he ends up this year.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol yeah sorry.

And no don't want to lose Jackson. Just like his aggression as well. Quality player.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fisher Harris is a work horse. Any club would benefit from him.
I heard he wanted to come to the bulldogs because he’s close with dwz and chn
Absolutely. Would love to have him here.

Goes 80 mins in the middle, strong ball carrier, has an offload, and is one of the hardest hitters in defence in the comp. Rare commodity. One of the first blokes picked in the NZ team atm.

Can’t believe there’s people on here who’d turn their nose up at his signature. Clueless.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
25 offloads too.. and there isn’t a stat that measures how hard someone tackles but fair point I am also a fan of Jacko at lock in the middle so hopefully that’s where he ends up this year.
Hitting hard means very little these days, players aren't scared of a hard hit not to mention it very rarely results in an error or injury. Just being strong at contact and being able to hold the player is more than good enough these days with wrestling.

I'm just over these types of signings, basically every forward we sign is in a similar mould yet we're no where near fit enough or well drilled to use them effectively. If we played with a fast defensive line and consistently got high numbers in tackles then sure, but instead we're a team that relies on a halfback to make one on one tackles.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol yeah sorry.

And no don't want to lose Jackson. Just like his aggression as well. Quality player.
Yh he's a good player and one of the best at what he does, just don't see him as a must need signing for us that would make a major impact unless we're scrapping a heap of our roster.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously wouldn't consider Thompson a metre eater and he constantly gets dominated... He is easily tackled one on one and I actually haven't seen a front rower get chopped down so easily in a long time like he does. If your seriously after a metre eater who can stand in tackles of two or three then Walmsley is definitely the better option for a couple of years until the prop stocks reform.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yh he's a good player and one of the best at what he does, just don't see him as a must need signing for us that would make a major impact unless we're scrapping a heap of our roster.
Can see both sides of this one for a player like him. Wouldn't be upset if we got him or not tbh, that's if we can keep what we have coming through aswell. Jackson, CHN, Stimpson, RFM, Renouf, Topine etc all cut it for me.
Was just throwing names out really, he is one that comes to mind as one that bends the line constantly.