Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I read that in Arnie's voice.

And I was reminded of this also :tearsofjoy:

Bahahaha .. Yes I was thinking of that exact scene in Commando..had so many great Arnie one liners..the most of all his movies I reckon..And True Lies..I forgot that scene!!! Bahahaha

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont know if it's already been mentioned, but Uncut Gems starring Adam Sandler on Netflix is fucking good! Like really good! Was an anxiety attack from start to finish!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont know if it's already been mentioned, but Uncut Gems starring Adam Sandler on Netflix is fucking good! Like really good! Was an anxiety attack from start to finish!
I heard Sandler is great in it!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not a big a fan of this series but I know a lot on the Kennel are.. Here is the new Fast and Furious 9 trailer..It’s certainly has strayed from the original concept...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That must be new? I haven't heard of it before.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I’m not a big a fan of this series but I know a lot on the Kennel are.. Here is the new Fast and Furious 9 trailer..It’s certainly has strayed from the original concept...

Even I can admit it's gone too far lol. Still going to see it though.

Han <3

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoa..a really good movie..just finished watching it..I’d write a review but I gotta think a little first..

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That must be new? I haven't heard of it before.
Yep just released on Netflix!

Adam Sandler cops a lot of shit for his more recent comedies, but when it comes time to put on the acting hat, he does it like a boss! He's actually such a good actor... probably why people get frustrated with him when he releases shit.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

402604F0-5687-4E25-B9C4-182483643196.jpeg

Uncut
Gem a gem of a movie starring Adam Sandler. Sandler’s character, Howard Ratner, is a jeweller who is very much focused on making as much money as he can. Whether that be selling jewels or watches to make a profit, or placing exotic bets on sporting events. The film begins with the discovery of an uncut opal, hence the name of the film, which Ratner comes across. This would set in motion a series of tense events that unfold throughout the film.

Now if you are not a fan of Sandler, or even if you are, don’t expect the ‘typical’ Sandler performance. He plays against type, and is simply outstanding. His Ratner is a man driven by his pursuit of money. As such the movie audience is left sitting on the edge of their seats, hoping that he either succeeds, or finally learns a lesson that money is not everything.

With a stellar performance by Sandler, that makes you wonder at some of his more dubious movie choices, do yourself a favour and watch Uncut Gem.

8/10

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Directed and produced by Tim Burton, BIG EYES is based on the true story of Walter Keane (Christoph Waltz), who was one of the most successful painters of the 1950s and early 1960s. The artist earned staggering notoriety by revolutionizing the commercialization and accessibility of popular art with his enigmatic paintings of waifs with big eyes. The truth would eventually be discovered though: Keane's art was actually not created by him at all, but by his wife, Margaret (Amy Adams). The Keanes, it seemed, had been living a lie that had grown to gigantic proportions. BIG EYES centers on Margaret's awakening as an artist, the phenomenal success of her paintings, and her tumultuous relationship with her husband, who was catapulted to international fame while taking credit for her work.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I started watching the Mandalorian.
Its not bad for a star wars rip off of old westerns tbh.

I was always and still am a fan of western movies so I guess its kind of cool they made a star wars western?

Its a good story that makes Disney look like they've salvaged something.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yep just released on Netflix!

Adam Sandler cops a lot of shit for his more recent comedies, but when it comes time to put on the acting hat, he does it like a boss! He's actually such a good actor... probably why people get frustrated with him when he releases shit.
Have you seen Bulletproof? It's an action comedy he made in 1996. He needs to act serious in that movie, but there are plenty of times where he's funny AF. I still think it's his best movie to date. The Wedding Singer also is up there with his best - granted it's a comedy but there are plenty of times in that movie where he's serious. You're right Raysie, when he needs to put his acting hat on he can do it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Baby Driver

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

After being coerced into working for a crime boss, a young getaway driver finds himself taking part in a heist doomed to fail.

Baby (the main character) isn't a strong stand-over man or someone who can fight well... he's simply a great driver. He constantly listens to music to drown out his tinnitus, and believes he's going to be free from a mob boss in time once his debts with them are settled. His quiet nature however makes him the target of bullying from several members within the mob who are constantly trying to give him a hard time. Being the best in the business, the boss of the mob is reluctant to let him go and threatens his friends if he chooses to leave. Baby have to find a way out of the mess ensuring the safety of those he cares about. How will he go about it?

This movie is fantastic, it's truly unique. The soundtrack that goes with it is fantastic as the music Baby listens to on his iPod is played throughout.

9/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Patriots Day

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4572514/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

The story of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and the aftermath, which includes the city-wide manhunt to find the terrorists responsible.

Mark Wahlberg is a Boston native, so the events of 2013 were really too close to home for him. This movie gives you an insight into just how bad the bombings and incidents around it were. There is no dramatisation of the bombings at all, it was more focused on what happens after it. The city goes into lockdown, and the man hunt for the brothers responsible begins. It even show you how stressful things were from the brothers perspective, and how those in the command centre worked on finding them.

The film ends with a real-life documentary from those involved in the bombings and how they've worked on getting their lives together since.

Powerful, emotional, fantastic. This is more like a re-enactment than a film.

10/10.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Baby Driver

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

After being coerced into working for a crime boss, a young getaway driver finds himself taking part in a heist doomed to fail.

Baby (the main character) isn't a strong stand-over man or someone who can fight well... he's simply a great driver. He constantly listens to music to drown out his tinnitus, and believes he's going to be free from a mob boss in time once his debts with them are settled. His quiet nature however makes him the target of bullying from several members within the mob who are constantly trying to give him a hard time. Being the best in the business, the boss of the mob is reluctant to let him go and threatens his friends if he chooses to leave. Baby have to find a way out of the mess ensuring the safety of those he cares about. How will he go about it?

This movie is fantastic, it's truly unique. The soundtrack that goes with it is fantastic as the music Baby listens to on his iPod is played throughout.

9/10.
Almost cried in that movie when he destroyed the Hellcat. That is ome gorgeous car. Was an awesome movie though. Really enjoyed ir

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have you seen Bulletproof? It's an action comedy he made in 1996. He needs to act serious in that movie, but there are plenty of times where he's funny AF. I still think it's his best movie to date. The Wedding Singer also is up there with his best - granted it's a comedy but there are plenty of times in that movie where he's serious. You're right Raysie, when he needs to put his acting hat on he can do it.
Wow 1996!? Didn't realise it was that old! I haven't seen it in years, but it's a solid movie.

Wedding Singer is probably my all time favourite movie. haha

Wahesh

Reaction score
Wow 1996!? Didn't realise it was that old! I haven't seen it in years, but it's a solid movie.

Wedding Singer is probably my all time favourite movie. haha
You'd be very familiar with this then :grinning:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of my favourite films, Zodiac.. Jake Gyllenhaal, one of the good guys of Hollywood

I may have posted this one before, or maybe somebody else has... either way, it's a must watch if you're into crime/thriller/mystery type movies

Zodiac_2007_R1-front-www.GetDVDCovers.com_-950x638.jpg