Classic test match

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday caught the last few minutes of old test match on fox between AU vs NZ. Kiwis score late try miss the goal and have slim chance to at least equalise with another try on one of the last plays. Movement goes to the right to Sam Perret and as a winger he steps inside to avoid getting bundled out. The guy steps on the touchline effectively killing any chance.
This was a reminder how Perret frustrated me many times with not doing the simple things right, given his resume not only as an experienced NRL winger but also an international.
He had a good jinking step to get max metres on kick returns and buy his forwards time to get back in position. But many times his good deeds where offset by the simplest indiscretions. I recall so many times he would just lose the ball cold as our fullback on a return. I remember a game against the roosters we came back from a huge deficit to lead by 8 with minutes to spare. Think pearce put in a grubber and Perret took forever watching it roll in goal not even trying to shield it with his body. Roosters score and then again thus winning the game.
Just thought I share a thought while we wait for season kick off.
Perret was truly a nice guy but some of his Montoyalike mistakes where not so nice.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the title should be something derogatory about Sam P to match the content, as it is a little misleading

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dunno but I thought he was actually a pretty safe reliable winger. I'd take him over Montoya, Okunbor and Holland.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We made it to the big dance with Sammy at 1 honestly played better in the number 1 jersey.