Addo Carr

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
N

not true the club said they weren’t interested in lattrell ,our recruitment are half asleep and are getting schooled by every club and some on here just make a million excuses for them yet other clubs just make it happen,i do like the culture the club is trying to build here but people need to take their blue and white goggles off our recruitment has been very very poor.
We offered a contract to latrell but as a centre he stated he only wanted to play fullback so the bulldogs withdrew the contract

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We offered a contract to latrell but as a centre he stated he only wanted to play fullback so the bulldogs withdrew the contract
For fullbacks money we didn’t have, yes

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We must have some as we have made offers to players. Plus Foran's 350k.
We tried to sign Ramien and Koroisau (wanted Ese'ese too but couldn't fit all three in). That would suggest we had about 1m before signing Katoa, Britt, etc. Then you need to add the Foran 350k.

Your post above is also spot on and I'm glad a few others are slowly starting to see the situation we're in.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats fair enough and i applaud the club for sticking by dwz if this is true

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hes getting $700k not a mill but if he wants fb fair enough from the club if true
Plus Packer & Rusty benefits. We just couldn’t afford that and I don’t see how he’ll have the fitness & attitude for fullback. I’d rather DWZ

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plus Packer & Rusty benefits. We just couldn’t afford that and I don’t see how he’ll have the fitness & attitude for fullback. I’d rather DWZ
I totally agree i rate dwz bigtime and yes lattrell 100% will not last as a fb

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I totally agree i rate dwz bigtime and yes lattrell 100% will not last as a fb
I hope he does but I saw him a couple of weeks ago and it looked like he had eaten George Rose. I’m looking forward to a full season with DWZ

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dwz with a full pre season will do us good! If we had him from round 1 last year we probably would of made the 8

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hmmm. See where you're coming from and agree to a point.

Again looking from the outside the positions we really need to strengthen are hooker, half, and centre. Looking at those 3 positions:

- No good halves on the market on the market and 350,000 is nothing from Foran. Can't call that poor.

- Centre we missed out on Mitchell (always going to Souths). Who else? Scott? (off-field issues) Ramien (always going to Sharks)? Others? Would've been great to have had those players but honestly think none were ever going to come to us so why waste more time trying to get them to come.

- Hooker I do think we dropped the ball on that one. Api did a 11th hour turn around and he went to Penrith. Yes, we don't want a player who doesn't want to be here but ... Plus he was maybe the 3-4th attempt at getting a hooker so I think this was poor from our recruitment side of things.

Missing out on Addo-Carr is a bummer as I would've loved him with us without a doubt! Not going to hide that. But was that poor recruiting? Winger isn't a key position so any player recruited in that position is a luxury in many ways so you don't want to spend too much over on him ... especially when his heart seems to be elsewhere ... ?

Let's not forget that recruitment also involved retaining players which is what we did pretty well this year, no?

Was recruitment good? I wouldn't say it's great as we're missing a back without doubt. But at the same time we haven't splashed money just for the sake of it, kept our best players. I'd say it's an average to good recruitment window though you can't judge now. Wouldn't say it's poor though.

Just my thoughts.
It is poor, only club in world sport with a worse recruitment strategy is Man United :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The way things are and although it’s a team sport, DWZ will probably be the difference between us being in the top 8 or missing it , I know it’s a big thing to say, and I shouldn’t be... BUT with his passion an attitude that he will bring to the team it’s going to really Male a diff an with all the boys having him around for a full pre season.. you decide.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way things are and although it’s a team sport, DWZ will probably be the difference between us being in the top 8 or missing it , I know it’s a big thing to say, and I shouldn’t be... BUT with his passion an attitude that he will bring to the team it’s going to really Male a diff an with all the boys having him around for a full pre season.. you decide.
Can see the team lift when he’s on, some guys just have that ability. Totally agree, having one of the youngest spines and squads actually is hard to ignore. But I am looking forward to this season starting, with the minimal distractions for a change and not a huge roster change from end of the season hope we hit the field running.
Here’s hoping anyway

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Storm players would always talk about how effective it was to have Billy's voice at the back, and I am not comparing what the two do with ball in hand, but Dallin is going to prove just as valuable in terms of organising the defensive line, and it was on show at the back end of 2019

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Storm players would always talk about how effective it was to have Billy's voice at the back, and I am not comparing what the two do with ball in hand, but Dallin is going to prove just as valuable in terms of organising the defensive line, and it was on show at the back end of 2019
The same Storm players would also tell you that Billy was a freak and could do things most other full-backs could only dream of doing. Slater talking from the back was just one of the many attributes he had. As much as I do like DWZ let's not compare him with Slater even if it is just a comparison of the two guiding the team from behind the defensive line.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The same Storm players would also tell you that Billy was a freak and could do things most other full-backs could only dream of doing. Slater talking from the back was just one of the many attributes he had. As much as I do like DWZ let's not compare him with Slater even if it is just a comparison of the two guiding the team from behind the defensive line.

Why would I not compare them? defence wins games and we were averaging over 20 against prior to Dallin's arrival. Just because Slater was a once in a generation player with the ball does not mean Dallin won't be just as effective for us from a defensive standpoint

Morris1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why would I not compare them? defence wins games and we were averaging over 20 against prior to Dallin's arrival. Just because Slater was a once in a generation player with the ball does not mean Dallin won't be just as effective for us from a defensive standpoint
I see dallin as a similar player to luke patten. Great support play

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I see dallin as a similar player to luke patten. Great support play
Patten had better awareness when it came playing to his outside men in support

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh god lol.