Opinion Alternative Rock/ Punk / Grunge

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
NOFX anyone?.. Korn.. limp Bizkit.. all great..

I really loved it when limp Bizkit teamed up with xzibit (my favorite rapper) and made getcha groove on... Then when Bizkit teamed up with DMX (my next favorite rapper) and methodman and Redman to redo Rollin..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I really loved it when limp Bizkit teamed up with xzibit (my favorite rapper) and made getcha groove on... Then when Bizkit teamed up with DMX (my next favorite rapper) and methodman and Redman to redo Rollin..

Nofx have some awsome shit

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

X to the Z, I seen Xzibit a few years back and he pretty much did the whole Restless album with Paparazzi chucked in. It was a cool show as me and my mates were right up front.

What about this Bizkit and Method Man song.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1580463249068.jpg
Less Than Jake go hard. Got the bassists T-shirt which he tossed into the crowd then got the whole band to sign it.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

NoFX are classic!
Love the plinky-plunk sound on the song Johnny Appleseed.
Liza and Louise and that other song where they use an xylaphone on the intro.

Strung Out are great too....Cemetary and Solitaire.
Millencolin had shitloads of great songs too.
Nick Northern by the band Snuff is another good tune.
(I don't know how to post youtube vids on here haha).

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
X to the Z, I seen Xzibit a few years back and he pretty much did the whole Restless album with Paparazzi chucked in. It was a cool show as me and my mates were right up front.

What about this Bizkit and Method Man song.

I ve seen both xzibit and DMX in concert horden pavilion and Luna park... Funnily enough the night I seen xzibit (2005ish) Reni Matua and Mason were there also... They got roasted in the teregraph for being there while the bulldogs played on the same night.. they were both injured, so I didn't see the big deal... Restless is my most played rap album.. some brilliant Dre beats on that album....

Oh and limp Bizkit did a song with snoop also.. red light green light

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to measure how long it took to get to work by how many times on could listen to this song on my Discman

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And for the newer NOFX stuff, Christians love this tune

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can still remember buying So Long and Thanks For All the Shoes from Utopia and reading the cd insert on the way home that said that the album name was a tribute to Nike and the fact that they sponsored NOFX at one stage but cut sponsorship. The insert said, "Thanks for all the Shoes Nike. We sold them all for drugs"

Funny thing is if you look it up on Wikipedia now it says that it's a tribute to Douglass Adams (So Long and Thanks for All the Fish) and that it was about fans throwing shoes on stage.

I could be remembering it completely wrong but I remember them saying it was about Nike sponsorship. Should still have the CD around somewhere

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I could never get into NOFX. I saw them live once (I think at No Sleep Til) and it further cemented my confusion about them.

I have always loved Pennywise and Bad Religion though. Someone mentioned Cog, and they are brilliant. One of their gigs I saw at Selinas is a definite highlight gig for me, even if they do use backing tracks.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, now you've set me off....

I'm currently at work (in an office) playing this out a loud .. I'm not sure my work colleagues are overly impressed LOL..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
NoFX are classic!
Love the plinky-plunk sound on the song Johnny Appleseed.
Liza and Louise and that other song where they use an xylaphone on the intro.

Strung Out are great too....Cemetary and Solitaire.
Millencolin had shitloads of great songs too.
Nick Northern by the band Snuff is another good tune.
(I don't know how to post youtube vids on here haha).
find what you want on YouTube and copy the url and then paste it into the post where ever you like.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What would of things been like if Sid had lived?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Growing up this genre was probably my favourite (gansta rap a close second).. mainly refering to the 90's, what were your favs??

these are some of mine: Offspring (died after americana), Greenday (died after nimrod), Soundgarden, Rage against the machine, Alice in chains, Tool, Metillica, Nirvana, Frenzhal Romb, Grinspoon (early) Smashing Pumkins, Bush.

If there was one CD that i almost wore out it would either be ixnay on the hombre or Smash (offspring) too hard to decide which one got played more...
Agree great decade for guitar rock but Gangsta rap!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
find what you want on YouTube and copy the url and then paste it into the post where ever you like.
Thanks mate. I'll boldly step into the 21st century!