Opinion Alternative Rock/ Punk / Grunge

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
As far as alt rock goes Cog would have to be near the top of the tree. Got me buggered how they never cracked the big time, if they were American IMO they would've been huge. Extremely underrated band.
Grunge favourites were just the usual AIC, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana.
Never really liked straight up punk music like Sex Pistols etc, can't say I've ever heard much of it either though to give it a decent go.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as alt rock goes Cog would have to be near the top of the tree. Got me buggered how they never cracked the big time, if they were American IMO they would've been huge. Extremely underrated band.
Grunge favourites were just the usual AIC, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana.
Never really liked straight up punk music like Sex Pistols etc, can't say I've ever heard much of it either though to give it a decent go.
I've heard Greenday referred to as punk??... Now Motorhead they were an alternative band weren't they? I seem to recall them having one or 2 decent songs.. cannot for the life of me think what they were though?..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really into the music... but I LOVE how cute some of the punk rock girls look when they dress up trying to look tough and shit lol...

I dig punk/metal/goth chicks hard. Also found them to be some really kinky, freaky bitches in the bedroom :grinning: well the ones I messed around with anyway.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like Sex Pistols, Pennywise, Bad Religion, The Exploited, Frenzal all that shit shits all over any other music ever made.
The system remains corrupt and yopu gotta lift outta that depression the Government wants you in so you are easier to control.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I've heard Greenday referred to as punk??... Now Motorhead they were an alternative band weren't they? I seem to recall them having one or 2 decent songs.. cannot for the life of me think what they were though?..
Motorhead were always adamant that their music was just rock n roll to them.
Ace Of Spades would be one of the ones you've heard. Not sure what else.
IMO they had dozens of great songs: Stone Dead Forever, Iron Horse, Overkill, Chase Is Better Than The Catch, Jailbait, Heroes, Trigger are some of my favourites.

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I was to venture out of the 90's I would of said system of a down, audioslave, iron maiden, the cult, the angels, acdc etc.. but I was mainly referring to grunge in the 90's.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know that flog Daniel John's resents that album... It's funny because it's the only silver chair album I own and like...

it probably doesn't fit with his edginess... what can ya do.. still a great album, especially given how young they were at the time

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO they had dozens of great songs: Stone Dead Forever, Iron Horse, Overkill, Chase Is Better Than The Catch, Jailbait, Heroes, Trigger are some of my favourites.
This is my favourite Motorhead song.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Offspring and Sum 41 have just announced a tour together for anyone interested.
When it comes to Offspring I liked this one.

Sum 41 I liked both of these.

Loved the clip for The Hell Song.

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Offspring and Sum 41 have just announced a tour together for anyone interested.
Yeah I'm trying to convince the Mrs to come with me to that one.. I ask for her to come to Tool concert with me and it was a straight out no... :(

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like Sex Pistols, Pennywise, Bad Religion, The Exploited, Frenzal all that shit shits all over any other music ever made.
The system remains corrupt and yopu gotta lift outta that depression the Government wants you in so you are easier to control.
Exploited 40th anniversary this year march going to the nz shows

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love bad magic last album Victory or die !!!!!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lenny was god

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When it comes to Offspring I liked this one.

Sum 41 I liked both of these.

Loved the clip for The Hell Song.

The Kid's Aren't Alright is a mad song.. I reckon Want You Bad is cool as well

No Reason by Sum 41 is not bad either