Opinion Am I asking for too much?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very valid - but they've even got a sponsor for their videos - we might just focus on landing a major first :-)
Slick video production like that ain't cheap but not as expensive as it used to be with more modern tech.
In a previous job I had a proposal into the club for stuff like this back in about 2013 but unfortunately they didn't want to put a dollar towards it - possibly it was too early, before it was the norm.
If it could be done cost neutral to the club they should do it - so it should go on the list of those seeking sponsorships.
Look at it from another point of view if they showcased all their community, charity and footy stuff in a professional way on the website it is easy for potential sponsors to see what the clubs all about.
Clubs running on the smell of a oily rag do it better then us so money isn't a excuse.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well maybe if I saw a more human side of Pay and what the average day for him is like then it might be easier to relate to him and form a different opinion of him.
I know what you’re saying. Surely most people know he’s a very genuine, no bullshit person and was bloody tough when he played. I was hoping you’d write back something funny about his drive to work but you got all serious on me :(

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Look at it from another point of view if they showcased all their community, charity and footy stuff in a professional way on the website it is easy for potential sponsors to see what the clubs all about.
Clubs running on the smell of a oily rag do it better then us so money isn't a excuse.
It's certainly possible to raise the bar for a relatively minor investment - but to go from what we have now to what @Sancho2020 is suggesting is a leap in terms of quality and cost.
We could certainly walk before we run when it comes to this and I agree - it should provide a path of eventually paying for itself.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s very true. You probably know but others might not that the club try to send a minimum of 10 articles to the media every week. Obviously most of them are ignored but if we improve the quality of our content it will benefit the club so much

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it unrealistic of me to expect the club to be able to produce content similar to this? I find it far easier to relate to players and staff when you see them behind the scenes interacting with each other through various drills and activities.
Obviously don't expect it to be at the same level of this or as regularly, but fuck me give us some more than a few useless pictures of players running.
Just when I go back to doubting your quality (close to pushing the "ignore" button) and you come up with a good one.
upload_2020-1-31_16-8-26.jpeg

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe I’m getting old but I actually hate watching videos and would rather read info. Is that just me?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know what you’re saying. Surely most people know he’s a very genuine, no bullshit person and was bloody tough when he played. I was hoping you’d write back something funny about his drive to work but you got all serious on me :(
His playing days are completely irrelevant to me, not to mention a decent amount of fans or potential fans wouldn't have seen shit of him playing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's certainly possible to raise the bar for a relatively minor investment - but to go from what we have now to what @Sancho2020 is suggesting is a leap in terms of quality and cost.
We could certainly walk before we run when it comes to this and I agree - it should provide a path of eventually paying for itself.
I didn't suggest we produce content of that level, I just used it as the benchmark and asked if we could provide similar content. I don't think I'm asking for too much but had to ask?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
His playing days are completely irrelevant to me, not to mention a decent amount of fans or potential fans wouldn't have seen shit of him playing.
Of your vintage, yes. There's plenty of us who remember him well as a player. No, I'm not a boomer...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't suggest we produce content of that level, I just used it as the benchmark and asked if we could provide similar content. I don't think I'm asking for too much but had to ask?
No you're not asking too much at all - it's very do-able - just need the club to buy in.
It's a topic somewhat close to me so I'm happy to raise it next time I'm speaking to the relevant people.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well at the end of the day the Bulldogs are a product and we are a customer so if you are asking for more then no I don't think that is too much to ask. From reading all these forums it would seem the whole area of memberships, communication and information is seriously crap. If we are employing someone to do it then they should maybe be shown the door and a fresh outlook brought in. Hell my 10 year old daughter is making, adding graphics, editing and adding music etc just on bloody tik tok and that's just an app on her phone. She's running rings around these guys it would seem.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree and it’s always the same crap about super league spewed out.
Hopefully we see more this year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe I’m getting old but I actually hate watching videos and would rather read info. Is that just me?
Yes everyone wants to watch video now.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well at the end of the day the Bulldogs are a product and we are a customer so if you are asking for more then no I don't think that is too much to ask. From reading all these forums it would seem the whole area of memberships, communication and information is seriously crap. If we are employing someone to do it then they should maybe be shown the door and a fresh outlook brought in. Hell my 10 year old daughter is making, adding graphics, editing and adding music etc just on bloody tik tok and that's just an app on her phone. She's running rings around these guys it would seem.
Yeah, that's precisely to my point of newer tech being so much less expensive and more accessible.
It's come very far in a relatively small space in time - even the last 5 years.
It wouldn't be difficult or even that expensive for the club to employ even a mid-level video producer / social media manager and raise the bar on the content.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Of your vintage, yes. There's plenty of us who remember him well as a player. No, I'm not a boomer...
Even if I had fond memories of Pay it still wouldn't mean shit, playing and coaching are two different things.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah, that's precisely to my point of newer tech being so much less expensive and more accessible.
It's come very far in a relatively small space in time - even the last 5 years.
It wouldn't be difficult or even that expensive for the club to employ even a mid-level video producer / social media manager and raise the bar on the content.
I think even a young 20 something kid that's up to date with all the latest tech would nail it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if all they needed was their phone and it would be cheap as piss. It's more an effort thing on behalf of the club than a money thing I think and that's a really bad look and impression of them isn't it. Attention to detail is a sign of professionalism. Actually I can easily see why we don't have a major sponsor.