Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Policies? Nope

What he stands for? Nope

His whiny voice? Yep
They were almost as bad but even his own party, a bunch of sore losers didn’t want him leading. What does that tell you?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Im at work now cant bludge like you hobos. But tonight tonight
Ok Billy Corgan. If you listened to Joe Hockey and got a better job you could be the boss like me haha

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn’t ask you Sarah Hanson-Young, I asked Ecca. I also didn’t make any comment about any PM. I was merely asking Ecca how he/she rated the other PMs out of interest. Go laugh at someone else Greta
She????

giphy.gif

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 autistic kids who are NDIS participants, and the funding they receive is enough to cover core therapies to help them. As for the NDIS, We get what we need, but there are people out there who don't get what they need because the government has stripped so much from their budget, they allow less funds to those that need it.
In all seriousness hope the kids get the best support they can. That's what is truely important, do the best you can mate

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a ridiculous post.

When parliament ends that's when the prime minister books his holiday. It's in theory the quietest time of the year. We have a stand in prime minister and a few hundred employees to assist.

So what did you expect scomo to do? Put on a set of overalls and go fight fires ? You will find that every time the prime minister goes on holidays, you could make a case for him being on duty. There is NEVER a good time to go on holidays.

If you want the best out of him, he too needs some downtime.

According to you he has to be front and centre for every issue. Are you there handling everything in your workplace? (Giving you the benefit that you work)

What if two things happen simultaneous? One in western Australia, and one in NSW .. equally serious and important issues . He cannot be in both places at the same time, are you going to criticise him for picking one issue over another? Or heaven forbid he's on holidays at the time. Be reasonable.

You sound like you vote for the greens, must.
The ridiculousness comes from defending his running out on his country at what may probably be our biggest disaster.

If he needs downtime maybe not take it during a massive disaster.

He doesn't need to be present for every issue but this was the worst fires seen, absolutely massive. Love how you take me out of context.

So what if 2 things happen simultaneously? Is he going to run off to Tahiti to avoid making a decision?

And what of the firefighters. Did any of them promise their families Christmas holidays? But they stayed and fought. Pity Scomo couldn't show the same respect to the country he is elected and paid to lead.

Yep. Great leader. Run away when things get tough and hide behind his family.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what of the firefighters. Did any of them promise their families Christmas holidays? But they stayed and fought. Pity Scomo couldn't show the same respect to the country he is elected and paid to lead.
Did the firefighters go home and have a sleep each night? Are you saying they should stay as the fires didn't just clock off after their shift. My point is people need a break, one fire fighter goes home and another steps in. As do police, as do most jobs.. prime minister needs sleep too . The deputy prime Minister more than capable.

If I was scomo I would have said to those people who lost their homes, you had insurance didn't you?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The ridiculousness comes from defending his running out on his country at what may probably be our biggest disaster.

If he needs downtime maybe not take it during a massive disaster.

He doesn't need to be present for every issue but this was the worst fires seen, absolutely massive. Love how you take me out of context.

So what if 2 things happen simultaneously? Is he going to run off to Tahiti to avoid making a decision?

Yep. Great leader. Run away when things get tough and hide behind his family.
I understand where you are coming from mate but as many know I lost two properties in these fires and I couldn’t care less if he was here or his deputy. With technology it really doesn’t make much difference. The fires weren’t even that bad when he left and when is there a quiet time in Australia to go away?

I’d rather him recharge with his young family and be ready for when he was due back. I’d say the same for any PM. The main issue for me was how they handled it when the criticism hit

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did the firefighters go home and have a sleep each night? Are you saying they should stay as the fires didn't just clock off after their shift. My point is people need a break, one fire fighter goes home and another steps in. As do police, as do most jobs.. prime minister needs sleep too . The deputy prime Minister more than capable.

If I was scomo I would have said to those people who lost their homes, you had insurance didn't you?
That is the most stupid argument I have read in this thread.

They may have gone home to sleep but they weren't sunning themselves in Hawaii.

The PMs job is to lead and in our biggest crisis he wasn't here. Most people recharge when things are quite so they are ready for when sh!t hits the roof, not recharge while the sh!t is splattering.

'You had insurance didn't you?' Peoples lives have been devastated and that's what you say?

Head down to the south coast and tell them then.

Clearly Scomos vacation is more important to you than half your country burning down.

How much does Liberal Party membership cost these days anyway Scott?

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from mate but as many know I lost two properties in these fires and I couldn’t care less if he was here or his deputy. With technology it really doesn’t make much difference. The fires weren’t even that bad when he left and when is there a quiet time in Australia to go away?

I’d rather him recharge with his young family and be ready for when he was due back. I’d say the same for any PM. The main issue for me was how they handled it when the criticism hit
Mate you know that I empathise with what you have lost and the struggle that is still to come after everything has settled that may be just as tough.

And I know you don't care, but most people do. PM is meant to lead. That's his job description. Come the biggest crisis we have seen in a long time he failed at his job. If he isn't capable or committed enough he should resign and let someone who is do it.

Technology may help in matters of administration but what people want to see is their leader actually doing something for them. It inspires confidence and resolve against what you are fighting. Seeing him enjoying a holiday in our biggest bushfire crisis ever only builds division. There is more to his role than just administration. If he was here doing his job this argument wouldn't be happening. The simple fact it is proves he did the wrong thing, apert from the fact he himself has apologised twice for it.

I know this was over but I have family who lost a home. They are sleeping on a couch and a floor, and they are one of the lucky one because they had somewhere to go. And before Blue_Boost gets his panties wedged up his crack again, yes they had insurance.

But as I am sure you are experiencing, insurance companies do not like to part with their money, and life hard. The stupidity of someone saying "If I was scomo I would have said to those people who lost their homes, you had insurance didn't you?"
is just so wrong. When did we become this society?

Australia had a tradition of mateship and helping each other out. When did we become 'Well if you didn't have insurance, screw you'?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mate you know that I empathise with what you have lost and the struggle that is still to come after everything has settled that may be just as tough.

And I know you don't care, but most people do. PM is meant to lead. That's his job description. Come the biggest crisis we have seen in a long time he failed at his job. If he isn't capable or committed enough he should resign and let someone who is do it.

Technology may help in matters of administration but what people want to see is their leader actually doing something for them. It inspires confidence and resolve against what you are fighting. Seeing him enjoying a holiday in our biggest bushfire crisis ever only builds division. There is more to his role than just administration. If he was here doing his job this argument wouldn't be happening. The simple fact it is proves he did the wrong thing, apert from the fact he himself has apologised twice for it.

I know this was over but I have family who lost a home. They are sleeping on a couch and a floor, and they are one of the lucky one because they had somewhere to go. And before Blue_Boost gets his panties wedged up his crack again, yes they had insurance.

But as I am sure you are experiencing, insurance companies do not like to part with their money, and life hard. The stupidity of someone saying "If I was scomo I would have said to those people who lost their homes, you had insurance didn't you?"

Australia had a tradition of mateship and helping each other out. When did we become 'Well if you didn't have insurance, screw you'?
Started happening when we believed pollies who said...those dirty bludgers threw their kids overboard and we won't accept lowlife like that into Australia and told us Saddam Hussien had WMD as an excuse to invade.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I can definitely see your points. The fire was hardly the biggest crisis when he went though to be honest. He came home when it got worse but was then basically criticised for everything he said and did in the Australian way of venting to our PMs.

I’m all for providing food and resources to people who need it but why should I pay tens of thousands of dollars in annual insurance premiums when I can just get it for free?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Started happening when we believed pollies who said...those dirty bludgers threw their kids overboard and we won't accept lowlife like that into Australia and told us Saddam Hussien had WMD as an excuse to invade.
So they didn’t throw their kids overboard?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
John Howard had me banned from commenting on his facebook page when I mentioned children overboard.

He obviously got the message?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Imagine if we got Shorten! I was going to move overseas just so I didn’t have to constantly hear his whiny voice
All the more reason to be sorry he didn’t win, tbh.... boom chicka wah wah

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All the more reason to be sorry he didn’t win, tbh.... boom chicka wah wah
Haha don’t worry, I’ve got internet there too so you lefties wouldn’t miss me too much mate

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So they didn’t throw their kids overboard?
Sorry to break it to you but they didn't.

This is off the Australian Gov,. website under Parlimentary Business.

Public reporting of 'children overboard', doubts and attempts to correct the record
2.16 The timeline that follows summarises some of the key events that occurred from 9 October, including the release of the photographs, the video and the ONA report. It shows that the initial search for evidence to corroborate the story turned into attempts by some Defence officials to report to government ministers, ministerial advisers and other officials that that there was no evidence to support the story. It also identifies the extent of Mr Scrafton's role during this period, based on the evidence before the CMI Committee. For a fuller account, interested persons are directed to the CMI report.[15]

If you want to read the whole thing the link is below but it is really dry.

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentar.../Senate/Former_Committees/scrafton/report/c02

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you but they didn't.

This is off the Australian Gov,. website under Parlimentary Business.

Public reporting of 'children overboard', doubts and attempts to correct the record
2.16 The timeline that follows summarises some of the key events that occurred from 9 October, including the release of the photographs, the video and the ONA report. It shows that the initial search for evidence to corroborate the story turned into attempts by some Defence officials to report to government ministers, ministerial advisers and other officials that that there was no evidence to support the story. It also identifies the extent of Mr Scrafton's role during this period, based on the evidence before the CMI Committee. For a fuller account, interested persons are directed to the CMI report.[15]

If you want to read the whole thing the link is below but it is really dry.

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentar.../Senate/Former_Committees/scrafton/report/c02
Why would you be sorry to break it to me mate? That’s a good thing