Opinion Alternative Rock/ Punk / Grunge

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Growing up this genre was probably my favourite (gansta rap a close second).. mainly refering to the 90's, what were your favs??

these are some of mine: Offspring (died after americana), Greenday (died after nimrod), Soundgarden, Rage against the machine, Alice in chains, Tool, Metillica, Nirvana, Frenzhal Romb, Grinspoon (early) Smashing Pumkins, Bush.

If there was one CD that i almost wore out it would either be ixnay on the hombre or Smash (offspring) too hard to decide which one got played more...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Smash was probably one of my most played albums. Saw them do Smash in full just over a year ago at Good Things. Still great.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both Offspring albums that you mentioned were two of my favourites, and also Blink 182's Enema of The State, as well as Of Someday Shambles by Jebediah... the latter two dropped at the end of the 90s so probably played more in the noughties... either way, two solid albums

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both Offspring albums that you mentioned were two of my favourites, and also Blink 182's Enema of The State, as well as Of Someday Shambles by Jebediah... the latter two dropped at the end of the 90s so probably played more in the noughties... either way, two solid albums
yep loved both of those guys early on also .. blink turned to sh!t though imo.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smash was probably one of my most played albums. Saw them do Smash in full just over a year ago at Good Things. Still great.
i was going to go to that festival just for that .. but i had other commitments .. it was parramatta park right ?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
yep loved both of those guys early on also .. blink turned to sh!t though imo.
I wasn't a big fan of California, but Neighbourhoods was a sick album I reckon... underrated... it's funny because you look back at how they would have been perceived as this kinda dick joke band, but they had a tonne of hits.. I will admit that Darkside is a guilty pleasure... though in no way would I place it on the same level as any of their best tracks

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pantera is my all time favourite band.

Also listened to Metallica, Nirvana, Greenday, Faith No More, Offspring, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, RHCP, Live, Warrent and Motley Crue
Pantera were a smidgen hard for me, but in saying that I did like a couple of Rob zombies and ramsteins songs.. yes definitely faith no more, how could I leave them out.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stone temple pilots another one I forgot..

FYI for anyone that's interested iHeartRadio has a station that plays a lot of this stuff called "smells like the 90's" it gets me through the work day.. bit of a trip down memory lane

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nirvana an smashing pumpkins were always my go to for punk/grunge.. Kurt Cobain, billy corgan .. didn’t get better..!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i was going to go to that festival just for that .. but i had other commitments .. it was parramatta park right ?
Yep. Awesome venue. Last year it was at Centennial Park. Crap venue.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stone temple pilots another one I forgot..

FYI for anyone that's interested iHeartRadio has a station that plays a lot of this stuff called "smells like the 90's" it gets me through the work day.. bit of a trip down memory lane
I usually listen to Crucial Velocity Radio. Named after a Clutch some. Full of Clutch, Pantera, Megadeth, Sepultura, Motorhead, Slayer. Generally old school metal.

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I usually listen to Crucial Velocity Radio. Named after a Clutch some. Full of Clutch, Pantera, Megadeth, Sepultura, Motorhead, Slayer. Generally old school metal.
I never really could get into rah rah type music, mainly due to the vocals or lack thereof.. but I didn't mind the instrumentals of that style of music.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Rah rah type music and lack thereof of vocals.

Lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not really into the music... but I LOVE how cute some of the punk rock girls look when they dress up trying to look tough and shit lol...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nirvana an smashing pumpkins were always my go to for punk/grunge.. Kurt Cobain, billy corgan .. didn’t get better..!!

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 one of my favourite all time songs! so good

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Not really into the music... but I LOVE how cute some of the punk rock girls look when they dress up trying to look tough and shit lol...

"OMG, does my vag look big in this?"

Would tap though.