Red Pill or Blue Pill?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FUCKIN RED PILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can completely understand your logic for the red pill in your case. If I do ever get the red pill I'll use my super wealth to either try finding a cure for spinal injuries or create some form of cyborg suit you can control with your mind that gives you the freedom to move about as you please good sir. And I'll fund your Indie movie for good measure.

That's it mate. I definitely am proud of where I am today and wouldn't change a single thing in my past knowing it's gotten me where I am.

Don't get me wrong, there are people out there with MUCH MUCH worse childhoods than I had. My mum did the best for us on her own, but damn man the mental fucking that went on in my childhood due to nothing but pure selfishness on the other parent's part has left scars.
Best attitude to have Raysie. Some people let the world break them, others recognize that it can forge them into strong people. Sounds like you are the latter. My dad laid the foundations of my ethics regarding women with his own lack of them to a large extent. He didn't have much respect for the marriage vows he took and treated many women as playthings before my folks got divorced. I inherited good looks and his sense of humour, but I've never used them to be a womaniser. I think his ethics are part of why I haven't committed to anyone yet. I just wouldn't want to go into a relationship that I lacked commitment to at my age. I still love my dad. If nothing else he tried to be good to us kids after the split and mum looked after me and my sisters into adulthood, but I am lukewarm in my feelings for my stepmother and I would hardly apply the brakes if my stepdad jumped on the road in front of me. Aside from those couple of things I think I turned out pretty well.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can completely understand your logic for the red pill in your case. If I do ever get the red pill I'll use my super wealth to either try finding a cure for spinal injuries or create some form of cyborg suit you can control with your mind that gives you the freedom to move about as you please good sir. And I'll fund your Indie movie for good measure.
Very kind of you sir..oh i wish it was true.. unfortunately it’s not.. But even though I have a pretty shitty existence.. I’m a firm believer that everyday above the ground is a good day*..truly..

* I’m not sure how this saying would work for miners..:grimacing:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
In all honesty if I had the benefit of hindsight and being able to go back to a point of time in my life, ideally I'd pick it to be about 15-16 years of age. I lacked so much confidence at that point in time. No doubt I'd have asked out a few of the girls who showed interest back then. God knows how that might have worked out. But it's a series of regrets I sometimes have when I evaluate my life. I really didn't see much value in myself as a prospective romantic attachment until I hit my late 20's. To an extent, I look at what I'd like from my love life and think now that it's probably too late to get started with having kids at 40. I look at some of my nephew's and nieces and think that I could have offered a good upbringing to my own kids if I didn't let missed romantic opportunities through a lack of confidence, and later on ethics rule my decisions.

At that stage I was also a touch ashamed to stand up academically in areas where I could. School was always so easy to coast through. Without having ever studied, I always managed to be about the second best or third best student in my classes even if I hated the subject. When I hit University I joined a huge group of people that in some cases were less intelligent, but more focused and I coasted through that until I quit uni at 22 because I fell into a supervisors job that I felt would take me further sooner.

My supervisor job at that point I rage quit because I was being paid below my responsibility level. I got pretty pissed off that for three years I was paid about 30k a year when the salary I should have been earning was 50-55k. I got into the mindset that I wasn't taking on that responsibility again any time soon. I trained 5 of my future supervisors at work by the time I was 30 and part of that was because I always planned to get out of the industry I still work in 15 years later. It remains a part of my life that I coast through.

In summary, I think that I have this mentality that it's ok to not go far if I'm coasting, but I'd be very disappointed if I failed when I was trying my best. If I could go back to 15 or 16 armed with my knowledge of the regrets I'd have now, I'd have applied myself more romantically and academically from a young age.
40 isn't too old to have kids mate. By the few snippets you have laid out here it sounds like you would make a great Dad. It's a real shame that there are plenty of deadbeats out there that couldn't care less about their kids yet genuine, good people that would make a great parent are never afforded the opportunity.
Kids are the best, they keep you ticking.
All the best champ, hope it all works out for you.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Blue. 100%.
Fuck going back to school.
$10m would do me fine. I’d BBQing and getting blowies on the deck, while sinking beers, for the rest of my life.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Red Pill for sure... would love to relive my teenage years and my 20s again, but more wisely.. spent about a decade drinking and carrying on like a general piece

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Red Pill for sure... would love to relive my teenage years and my 20s again, but more wisely.. spent about a decade drinking and carrying on like a general piece
Money comes, money goes, but living the best years of my life would be absolutely priceless. Besides I'll make all the money on the bets, and tell the Bulldogs NOT to re-sign SBW back when his contract expired in 2007.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Howie, I definitely should have been a little smarter at that time with my money but I was too busy partying all the time. It was fun and I have some good memories and experiences but I know I should have planned ahead a bit better at the time.

Also, I would have stayed well clear of my ex. But then in saying that I wouldn't have my kids who I wouldn't change for the world.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't need the red pill as I've been red pilled sice I was 6 years old.

Only 6 year old to ask questions and challenge the scriptures!
Earned me the privilege of facing the wall in the bag room for most lessons!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue pill. - so I can give Keiran Foran another million and get him to medically retire so we might stand a chance in signing someone who will consistently actually improve us

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Blue pill. - so I can give Keiran Foran another million and get him to medically retire so we might stand a chance in signing someone who will consistently actually improve us
Ever since the bulldogs allowed Des Hasler into the club, its been cursed since!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I definitely choose the red pill, but if I go around having sex with all the kindergarten girls is that counted as pedophilia?

btw I would crush everyone is school, like I would have $16.5m in a dollarmite account and come to school in a mini Armani suit

also don't assume that you can just buy all the apple stock or monster energy stock and get rich, like if I buy 25% of all the apple stock....

Steve Jobs "ok lets vote on if we should prioritize researching the xj87 computer chip or wait for advancements in outside technology, Rodzilla you have the deciding vote"

Rodzilla "umm just do what you would normally do without me"

Steve Jobs "sorry we need a vote"

Rodzilla "ffs"

maybe the guy who originally had the 25% made all the right decisions or has the right connections to make sure apple is a success

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
both, so I don't remember what they did for a while and get totally whacked out.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Red pill every time, just to see and hug my mother again, no money in the world could come close to that feeling.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Red pill every time, just to see and hug my mother again, no money in the world could come close to that feeling.
I know what you mean bro, I lost my mum to cancer 2 years ago..... I'd give up every possession that I have in exchange for the chance to hug her and tell her that I love her once more...