News Lichaa trying to rebuild his NRL career

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck this guy. Hope I never see him on tv playing nrl again.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feel a bit sorry for the bloke TBH.

He came into our club, with expectations high for what he could do and achieve.

Des gets a hold of him for 3 years - forbids him to play his own game. He lost his craft, and that was clear to see (save for a few moments of brilliance at the back end of 17). Still do not want him near our club, but I hope he gets something.
I don't blame Hasler for making him a poor distributer of the ball. In all his years in the NRL he should have improved at least a bit with that part of his game. Players can be found out if dummy half running is their entire game. And while it might work in the lower grades where defence tends to be a bit less solid, genuine NRL hookers need to be able to get the forwards rolling and give the right players the ball when opportunity is there.

Under no circumstances will I have sympathy for him. It might be tough to walk away from a dream job. But if a chef was great at doing the plating up of food (basically the flashiest part of meal preparation) but cooked food that tasted like ass, he wouldn't last long in the kitchen. Lichaa basically stood out in the lower grades because down there he could plate up well (dummy half running) but couldn't follow the recipe well enough.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Des the Kant signed him for us yet now needed a hooker at Manly but brushed him now?

Tigers went with makeshift Moses

The irony

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if lichaa building career is anything like his football career he would promise a penthouse and deliver a shithouse

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How many more former Bulldogs can the Tigpies take? Corey Thompson, Josh Reynolds, Moses Mbye... sure, give them Lichaa as well... and a more fitting logo:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle Turner is another who can't find a club and he's a GF winner. Apart from their averageness I'm wondering if clubs are aware of issue with these guys?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa would probably do well in ESL. He has been one of those odd players that look like a star at Cup level here but can't consistently convert that at NRL level. ESL is probably between Cup and NRL in terms of quality.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Lichaa can play. I was against him but watched him play reserves . His natural game is similar to Ennis ( agreed he isn't any where near Ennis in standards). He can play around the ruck. He likes ball play and does have the skills to do so.. he come here as a running 9 , under des he got his legs cut out. Des doesn't like ball playing 9s . He wants defencive 9s. Lichaa can't pass, is slow at passing when he does. But let him play his game he can be a good player .He is a throw back 9 . Unfortunately he come in when 9s didn't dominate .Now we see more running 9s and with more direct playing style lichaa would have been a decent backup. Best bet go to the UK and do his thing. Hope he finds his feet cause Dessie certainly gut his legs out from under him.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
She probably complains of slow service..
Unfair to comment on a player that has always been loyal to the dogs poor bastard tackles his arse off every game I've been a dogs supporter for 49 years and honestly don't think his that bad just needed the right guidance and probably some confidence and praise from team mates

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfair to comment on a player that has always been loyal to the dogs poor bastard tackles his arse off every game I've been a dogs supporter for 49 years and honestly don't think his that bad just needed the right guidance and probably some confidence and praise from team mates
Modern day mentality, kick everyone in the guts when their down, wasn't as bad as made out.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He lost his hooker spot to a centre, and again later to an inexperienced half.

If he had skills, he rarely showed it on game day, when it counted.

Anyway, enough history.