Non existent recruitment

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ha ha we have little money fools, been dealing with back ended deals ,the club have recruited well with limited funds
I think that’s the first thing you’ve said that I agree with Dave - first time for everything :-).

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too :-)
But when I last spoke to Hilly at the forum he said the media have no idea and that’s ‘just the way we want it’.
We just have to wait...
Lynne said the same thing at the Mt Lewis meeting that they are going to be keeping certain information in house
Media just speculate for the sake of it
Unfortunately a lot of people do not want to wait which is driving them around the bend.
Let’s hope for a good 2020 and even better 2021

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too :-)
But when I last spoke to Hilly at the forum he said the media have no idea and that’s ‘just the way we want it’.
We just have to wait...
Lol... ohh you gotta love em...
We aren’t after him cause he’s not part of our culture, we only want players who are our DNA. we aren’t gonna over pay... We signed a png partnership and all we got for it was a dud by the name of rhys Martin, while Souths get gebbie.. they stated they would scour the globe for talent but couldn’t even get the Fiji partnership signed off and now sharks have first pick... smh... these are the things that are frustrating me!! But yet we are just meant to stick to the process and read the same bullshit quotes from Lynne Anderson..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Every time a player signs with a rival club we get " our recruitment" blah blah blah. The club has already said they won't pay overs . Just because a player is available doesn't automatically mean we are in with a chance. After 8 years of bad decisions by previous coaches or boards it's going to take more time to earn that reputation that we are club you want play for .

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who and where ? The only one with any credentials is Latrell (NSW, Australia). The rest are just your opinion and have yet to prove they are very good first grade players
Latrell Mitchell should have been signed, he could’ve kick started our signing spree...
if you read the original post from 2016, they clearly said they would be going after the best up and coming players of the competition...

clearly those players

Lomax
Xerri
Sivo
Grant
Eels forwsrd going tigers
Nikore from sharks is another

These were all do able signings and were the best players in their positions in lower grades... in other words best up and coming players

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell should have been signed, he could’ve kick started our signing spree...
if you read the original post from 2016, they clearly said they would be going after the best up and coming players of the competition...

clearly those players

Lomax
Xerri
Sivo
Grant
Eels forwsrd going tigers
Nikore from sharks is another

These were all do able signings and were the best players in their positions in lower grades... in other words best up and coming players
Knocked back 1.2 to 1.3 at the tiges what do you think we needed to offer, fark me he was never coming here!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I did think buddy! I dont want anymore habibs in the team. Elmasri is probably the only exception. Id rather meaney then on the wing then him. Meaney is a hell of a lot faster.
Fuckiing stupid post

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People keep using dwz as an argument, but like he only came to us because at the time we were the only club that could get him
But he loved the place after he came in, but people gotta stop using him as their argument, he couldve easily chosen elswehere

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knocked back 1.2 to 1.3 at the tiges what do you think we needed to offer, fark me he was never coming here!
Plenty of players have knocked back bigger money to join the right club...

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh great, another pointless thread whingeing about recruitment.
You forgot to mention DWZ, CHN, Stimson, Britt and some very promising juniors. How convenient
Here we go, sound like a broken record. What’s so pointless about it? It’s his say!! Don’t you have some toes to lick?

Certified Groundhog Day
A flock of crows :unamused:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
People keep using dwz as an argument, but like he only came to us because at the time we were the only club that could get him
But he loved the place after he came in, but people gotta stop using him as their argument, he couldve easily chosen elswehere
Or it just doesn’t suit your narrative?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who said that?
I suspect planning is going on for 2021 ‘and beyond’ - but I haven’t seen anyone disregard 2021 and point to 2022?
The club hasn't signed anyone yet for 2021 and some of the best players available
Who said that?
I suspect planning is going on for 2021 ‘and beyond’ - but I haven’t seen anyone disregard 2021 and point to 2022?
The club seems to be focusing on 2022 now because several of the players they extended recently (Lewis, R Smith, C Smith) were only til the end of 2021. DWZ and Jackson were exceptions obviously as they are definitely worth keeping longer term. The club hasn't signed anyone new for 2021 and not much quality left now for 2021 (unless we happen to get David Fifita but very doubtful). We might still get Thompson though. We kept hearing the club had plenty to spend for 2021 so I don't really get why we now have to wait til 2022 it seems for decent fresh talent. Perhaps (as reported) we pursued a few for 2021 but missed out so our target shifted to 2022. It wouldn't surprise me if our plan is at the end of this season to review every player whose off contract after 2021 and then target the best new players available, plus those current players who prove themselves this year, and shed any who don't perform. There will be a few stars available to potentially negotiate in Nov this year if not extended before then by their current clubs (Tedesco, Keary, Munster, etc).

So many players are breaking contracts these days and clubs are shopping players around it seems maybe less important now to have to plan / sign new players 2 years ahead. If next off season is anything like this one there might be a lot of unexpected talent suddenly available for 2021 and 2022 after November this year

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The true facts are he was a done deal at tigers but they couldn’t get rid of players in time, so we came in... DONT make it out that the board were high and mighty and outwitted other clubs to sign him...
He was under contract ie still getting paid well, he could’ve played overseas or rugby. I doubt you went through every clubs books to see if they could fit him in or you even know who did or didn’t speak to him.

It’s funny how you guys say it’s a fluke signing, the club got lucky etc but if we didn’t sign him you’d say we missed out, the board are useless etc etc etc etc etc
You sooks can’t have it both ways

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The quote says young talent. They somehow need to find and recruit them (probably before they're 18) before other clubs. It isn't easy to do when there are 15 other clubs doing the same thing and most of them can get a player over us. Otherwise by the time they're available they cost too much for us to sign. Harry Grant for e.g. would of taken at least 200k more then what the Storm have him on. I know he's waiting for Smith to retire so he can be Storm's #9 but the only way to get him is to offer him money he can't refuse (similar to Knights and Ponga). That's the situation we're in regarding everyone that's decent or better.

You make a valid point mate

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was under contract ie still getting paid well, he could’ve played overseas or rugby. I doubt you went through every clubs books to see if they could fit him in or you even know who did or didn’t speak to him.

It’s funny how you guys say it’s a fluke signing, the club got lucky etc but if we didn’t sign him you’d say we missed out, the board are useless etc etc etc etc etc
It’s not what I think mate it’s what you think.. you’re making it out that it was a master stroke how we signed dwz when it was nothing more then a fluke, just admit it and be done with it

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

No mate it was well documented that he was going to the tigers BUT couldn’t offload players quick enough ,and he sort of fell in our lap. I remember reading even dean pay was shocked he called to say he agreed to terms.

I don’t like bagging the club, fuk I love the joint and over the years have enjoyed the good and the bad, but this time it seems like the mob up the top are struggling to recruit players to get us out of this rot.

I do hope I am wrong

oh and also as much as I am a Napa fan he was recruited as a replacement for the Australian from rower in klemmer so the recruitment wasn’t strengthening the squad.

Personally I think Napa is a bench player and a damn good one

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s not what I think mate it’s what you think.. you’re making it out that it was a master stroke how we signed dwz when it was nothing more then a fluke, just admit it and be done with it
It’s no fluke. He was the current kiwi captain. I can just imagine what you’d say if we weren’t able to sign him