Non existent recruitment

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Brandon Smith will get first crack at hooker
Maybe - but I still think there’s more to it than this assumption that Grant simply rejected the Dogs. We just don’t know.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe - but I still think there’s more to it than this assumption that Grant simply rejected the Dogs. We just don’t know.
it's not just 1 player, Api did the samething... even dogs thought it was a done deal

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Some people on these forums have already pushed the goal posts to 2022. Due to how long we've waited to do anything and what's now available it isn't looking like a bad option. Now we're hoping on players breaking contract and coming one year early.
Who said that?
I suspect planning is going on for 2021 ‘and beyond’ - but I haven’t seen anyone disregard 2021 and point to 2022?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
it's not just 1 player, Api did the samething... even dogs thought it was a done deal
No, the club never said a word.
The media thought it was a done deal and we know what happened there anyway and he was no big loss as well.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny how you aren’t mentioning DWZ, CHN or even Stimson. We have retained some quality and some youth can’t beat 15 clubs especially when their minds are made up on where they want to go. Add in some decent players with absolute shithouse attitudes.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who said that?
I suspect planning is going on for 2021 ‘and beyond’ - but I haven’t seen anyone disregard 2021 and point to 2022?
I've seen people say we shouldn't sign players for the sake of it but we have to spend X amount of our salary cap and we have a "war chest", a couple million, to spend before the start of 2021. So we either buy players for the sake of it, potentially for one year on big $, or front load contracts. Is there another option? I know especially a month or so ago people were for waiting an extra year if it was for the right players whereas I suggested we bought the best of what's available for the positions we needed (it wasn't the Halves as no one was available).

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nobodies.... so who is the nobody mate, they were the up and coming nobodies...

You’re making it out as if meaney and Jmk were somebodies
maybe not nobodies per se but unproven.. we're not really in the position just to be throwing money at players based on potential, as we have our own guys who have potential.. and we've been burned too many times recently... Lichaa and Mbye come to mind.. imagine if we paid 600k for Doueihi and he flopped....

Nothing wrong with Meaney, still very young and had a good season.. JMK has shown signs of improvement

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wait the date says November 2016. We have recruited some decent players since then.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
looks like tigers have picked up billy brittain aswell. if so then they will have the best nsw cup and best qld cup hookers on the books for 2020.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've seen people say we shouldn't sign players for the sake of it but we have to spend X amount of our salary cap and we have a "war chest", a couple million, to spend before the start of 2021. So we either buy players for the sake of it, potentially for one year on big $, or front load contracts. Is there another option? I know especially a month or so ago people were for waiting an extra year if it was for the right players whereas I suggested we bought the best of what's available for the positions we needed (it wasn't the Halves as no one was available).
That’s assuming no deals are already done and not yet announced...

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh great, another pointless thread whingeing about recruitment.
You forgot to mention DWZ, CHN, Stimson, Britt and some very promising juniors. How convenient
Stimson, Britt... hahaha promising... that’ll do me

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s assuming no deals are already done and not yet announced...
Right but I also find it hard to believe the media hasn't had a sniff. I hope you're right tho.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stimson, Britt... hahaha promising... that’ll do me
Pretty good buys considering the money we had to spend. Maybe wait until the season starts

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Right but I also find it hard to believe the media hasn't had a sniff. I hope you're right tho.
Me too :-)
But when I last spoke to Hilly at the forum he said the media have no idea and that’s ‘just the way we want it’.
We just have to wait...

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my point is they arent sitting on their hands.. other clubs have either got more money to throw, are paying stupid overs which will bite them in the long run or are in a more successful position on the field at the moment. You could offer a player $1 million a year to come here and wine and dine them as much as you want but if his preference is to go elsewhere he will no matter what your offering
We aren’t doing enough to sign up and coming players mate... that’s my point....the best up and coming players have all gone elsewhere, we were in a position to sign promising youth and failed to capitalise...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We aren’t doing enough to sign up and coming players mate... that’s my point....the best up and coming players have all gone elsewhere, we were in a position to sign promising youth and failed to capitalise...
who and where ? The only one with any credentials is Latrell (NSW, Australia). The rest are just your opinion and have yet to prove they are very good first grade players