Non existent recruitment

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
November 2016:

“The Bulldogs have been seeking a fresh approach to recruitment and with the head recruitment manager role open the club wanted a bigger focus on finding not only the best young talent available”

And with that being said, what have they delivered on:

Nick meaney.... Chris Smith.... JMK.... coGGER.....

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

while missing out on or not even bothering an attempt:

sivo
Lomax
Ramien
Korisau
Momorovski
That big young forward from eels who signed with tigers...
Wade Egan
Latrell Mitchell
HARRY GRANT!!
Dargan
Flegler
Adam douehi

But wait.... but wait.... stick to the process we signed panthers 4th placed hooker katoa!!!!!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Grant to the tigers
Wtf. We don’t even have a proven hooker and this bloke is available with our war chest?

I’m disgusted in the club. All I kept hearing is we will buy the best up and coming stars and build towards the future...

Are they building a future with average jo blows who are passionate? Fkuk me dead

Dwz was a lucky break

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half of them are nobodies mate
Nobodies.... so who is the nobody mate, they were the up and coming nobodies...

You’re making it out as if meaney and Jmk were somebodies

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im glad we didnt sign douehi
Is he not better then holland? Is he not better then montoya? Is he not better then meaney? Is he not better then cogger (at five eight)... think before you type mate. He’s definelty an upgrade on all of the above

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
koroisau, ramien, latrell and flegler were all targets so were obviously on the right track. Big difference between offering a contract and having a player accept that contract. I for one know that i wouldnt want to be paying stupid overs for players like latrell and ramien who dont want to be here. Whats your stance on recruiting DWZ, CHN, Napa? or the retention of Jackson, Hoppa and Reimis? I dont rate Douehi that highly and wouldnt say hes that much of an upgrade of what we have. He can cover a lot of positions but isnt a star in any (another mbye for mine). Instead of paying two average players 400k we need a 800k game breaker. Yes weve been turned down but clearly we are trying

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Grant to the tigers
Wtf. We don’t even have a proven hooker and this bloke is available with our war chest?

I’m disgusted in the club. All I kept hearing is we will buy the best up and coming stars and build towards the future...

Are they building a future with average jo blows who are passionate? Fkuk me dead

Dwz was a lucky break
Grant re-signed with the Storm and IF it happens (has to be NRL approved) - He’d spend ONE season at the Tigers on a player swap. Context is important.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be watching with interest what happens over the next few months, 2021 was supposed to be the year we had money (not that there's a whole heap of quality available tbh).

If there's more excuses and suddenly we're talking about signings for 2022 then questions need to be asked.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
koroisau, ramien, latrell and flegler were all targets so were obviously on the right track. Big difference between offering a contract and having a player accept that contract. I for one know that i wouldnt want to be paying stupid overs for players like latrell and ramien who dont want to be here. Whats your stance on recruiting DWZ, CHN, Napa? or the retention of Jackson, Hoppa and Reimis? I dont rate Douehi that highly and wouldnt say hes that much of an upgrade of what we have. He can cover a lot of positions but isnt a star in any (another mbye for mine). Instead of paying two average players 400k we need a 800k game breaker. Yes weve been turned down but clearly we are trying
Trying... lol YAY!! While we try other clubs do!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The quote says young talent. They somehow need to find and recruit them (probably before they're 18) before other clubs. It isn't easy to do when there are 15 other clubs doing the same thing and most of them can get a player over us. Otherwise by the time they're available they cost too much for us to sign. Harry Grant for e.g. would of taken at least 200k more then what the Storm have him on. I know he's waiting for Smith to retire so he can be Storm's #9 but the only way to get him is to offer him money he can't refuse (similar to Knights and Ponga). That's the situation we're in regarding everyone that's decent or better.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
November 2016:

“The Bulldogs have been seeking a fresh approach to recruitment and with the head recruitment manager role open the club wanted a bigger focus on finding not only the best young talent available”

And with that being said, what have they delivered on:

Nick meaney.... Chris Smith.... JMK.... coGGER.....

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

while missing out on or not even bothering an attempt:

sivo
Lomax
Ramien
Korisau
Momorovski
That big young forward from eels who signed with tigers...
Wade Egan
Latrell Mitchell
HARRY GRANT!!
Dargan
Flegler
Adam douehi

But wait.... but wait.... stick to the process we signed panthers 4th placed hooker katoa!!!!!
Oh great, another pointless thread whingeing about recruitment.
You forgot to mention DWZ, CHN, Stimson, Britt and some very promising juniors. How convenient

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'll be watching with interest what happens over the next few months, 2021 was supposed to be the year we had money (not that there's a whole heap of quality available tbh).

If there's more excuses and suddenly we're talking about signings for 2022 then questions need to be asked.
Some people on these forums have already pushed the goal posts to 2022. Due to how long we've waited to do anything and what's now available it isn't looking like a bad option. Now we're hoping on players breaking contract and coming one year early.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying... lol YAY!! While we try other clubs do!
my point is they arent sitting on their hands.. other clubs have either got more money to throw, are paying stupid overs which will bite them in the long run or are in a more successful position on the field at the moment. You could offer a player $1 million a year to come here and wine and dine them as much as you want but if his preference is to go elsewhere he will no matter what your offering

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bad Recruiting and Non existent recruitment threads both in 24 hrs?

The whingers on here at least used to be imaginative. Guess that is over.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grant re-signed with the Storm and IF it happens (has to be NRL approved) - He’d spend ONE season at the Tigers on a player swap. Context is important.
Brandon Smith will get first crack at hooker