Official Three Bulldogs named in NRL All Star fixture

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is DWZ fit to play? What about his shoulder injury.
As long as that thug Nathan Brown is nowhere in sight he’ll be fine. Hope we give Brown a touch up in Round 1.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Show some balls Dogs and advise the NRL our players are not available for anything other then club games.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Show some balls Dogs and advise the NRL our players are not available for anything other then club games.
People are already complaining we can’t attract players. We never would again if we did that

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People are already complaining we can’t attract players. We never would again if we did that
You both make fair points.. and they both have valid reasons, so I can’t disagree with either. It’s a hard argument really.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not talking for forever man, take a stance and bring this stupid rule to a head before anyone else is injured. Do it now for a nothing game which would buy some power leading to SOO. Would be nice to see some strong leadership that actually means something for once. The fans are the biggest losers through all this stuff, year after year, decision after decision, Board after Board, we are the ones left angry, unrepresented and unsatisfied. If our guys took a stance and just fought one battle I think it would help so much to the struggling dogs fans. Find our mongrel off the field again and a siege mentality on it!

Might help sign players if they know the club has a spine and are prepared to step up?

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is overdue for a big year.
Last time he was coming off contract the bloke was on fire.
Gone missing since then, talks the talk to the media but hasn't really walked the walk for a couple of years at least.
Yes he is indigenous, your right who would have known?
Elliot is indigenous??
Who knew?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not talking for forever man, take a stance and bring this stupid rule to a head before anyone else is injured. Do it now for a nothing game which would buy some power leading to SOO. Would be nice to see some strong leadership that actually means something for once. The fans are the biggest losers through all this stuff, year after year, decision after decision, Board after Board, we are the ones left angry, unrepresented and unsatisfied. If our guys took a stance and just fought one battle I think it would help so much to the struggling dogs fans. Find our mongrel off the field again too!

Might help sign players if they know the club has a spine and are prepared to step up?
That’s a really good point about protesting against the 350k rule.
After the Foran drama I can see why people don’t want our players in rep games.

Just from a players point of view though being told you can’t represent your country or people would be pretty disheartening not to mention a restraint of their potential earnings.

If word got out to other players, the RLPA or agents we’d be rejected for years. I do totally see where you are coming from through and I too want what is best for the club

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s interesting to see all the different point of views. I remember when everyone would get excited about players making rep squads but after being burnt by Foran I get it.

Congratulations to DWZ & CHN. They will be two of the first selected in kiwi squads for years to come and were great buys for the club.

He’s the kennel scapegoat but well done to Adam Elliott on being selected for the indigenous team for the second time.
Most of your critics wouldn’t make D grade under 8’s and you try your guts out every game.

Let’s hope the boys stay injury free and the experience of being in the game and rep squads is invaluable and helps our club

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm of the same opinion on this. If you lose a player through injury in an established rep game like an origin fixture or a one off test it's not such a huge kick in the balls. But the NRL continue to create new pointless rep fixtures in what I see as a cash grab that pretty much benefits them with a combination of merchandise sales, ticket sales and income from sponsorships they generate from them. A few years back the players were complaining about burnout from the excessive number of games. And that was prior to the nines, all stars games and the world cup tournaments.

At the end of the day, the fans of individual clubs are going to get the shits big time if they lose key personnel in order to generate revenue for the NRL who are not going to compensate clubs well if it throws a spanner in their premiership campaign.

I do see your point on this. The players still get paid their full salary even if they cop a season ending injury in these nothing fixtures. And while I don't know exactly what they earn from an all stars appearance, I know that it's a no brainer that they will want to make extra money when they're guaranteed to still be paid in full if they don't get through the game unscathed. So while it's a huge detriment to the club, it's not the end of the world for the players if they're injured. For the most part the players would hate missing games, but if it's a $20-$30k payday it's way too much temptation. And I'm not denying the fact that they probably take some pride from getting the call up either.

It really does put clubs in a difficult position. And the sad fact is that the NRL administration doesn't give a shit about anything but the dollars they anticipate earning from this. They're risking the highest profile players for games that typically have poor attendance records from fans. But it's surely generating decent sponsorship money for them.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If all the clubs joined in then it would be worthwhile, but standing alone wouldn't accomplish anything anyway, so big risk with no reward.

I wouldn't be getting in between you and DWZ or CHN when you told them that they can't play for their people or their country, not a pretty sight.

Go Dogs

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have heard zero about it, considering its being held here in QLD.

Prediction: it will flop and finally kill off this All Stars concept, which had frankly run its course.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have heard zero about it, considering its being held here in QLD.

Prediction: it will flop and finally kill off this All Stars concept, which had frankly run its course.
I couldn't be fucked to watch it to be honest. I don't watch much footy outside the Doggies games.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want that dog cut in half and out for the season.
Haha I met him late last year he's actually a top bloke to talk to in person. But on the field another person lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha I met him late last year he's actually a top bloke to talk to in person. But on the field another person lol
Yh I see him often also, very friendly and happy to chat to anyone. Funny thing is some people on here would probably jerk themselves silly if one of our players did what he did lol.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yh I see him often also, very friendly and happy to chat to anyone. Funny thing is some people on here would probably jerk themselves silly if one of our players did what he did lol.
Seriously STFU why would anyone approve that behaviour?
Not only was it late but a straight shoulder charge intent to do 1 thing.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Still a dog doesn’t matter how much of a top bloke, he went out and deliberately tried to take DWZ out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seriously STFU why would anyone approve that behaviour?
Not only was it late but a straight shoulder charge intent to do 1 thing.
And right on cue, the fact you felt the need to defend yourself says it all.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
And right on cue, the fact you felt the need to defend yourself says it all.
Defend my self? you throwing some kenneles under the bus just cause you think his a good bloke lol how the fuck do you support this team.