Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you're wondering whether that is just urban legend, I can tell you first hand it isn't.

Spent time travelling throughout Vietnam last year and the rumours are entirely true.

They regularly eat dog (particularly in the north) and if you don't take care of your own pet dog and secure them at night, they are likely to be stolen and killed and eaten.
I've been there (to the famous part of Hanoi that has markets). One of out group said he was going to give it a go, but I;m not sure if he ever did.

I guess i should have an issue with eating dog as its another animal, but two things:

1. We have bred dogs to be out best friend in the animal kingdom. They provide us with companionship and, as a species generally, rely on us humans. I feel like we find of owe it to them to look after them.
2. The dog meat trade seems very cruel. It also involved kidnapping of domestic animals and shipped across borders.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Gosh.. When they had the World Cup soccer over there..the organisers gave players and officials a ‘coupon’ to try dog.
The people in the north of vietnam are much more closely aligned with mainland China. Part of that also dates back to the Vietnam war where the northern vietnamese were the communists and the south was aligned with America.

Geographically the north of vietnam also shares a land border with China and people walk back and forwards over it.

So the fact that vietnamese (especially in the north) eat dog and weird shit shouldn't be surprising given the Chinese do it on a regular basis as well.

Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed with the people in the North of Vietnam (although I loved the 'feel' of Hanoi and also hiking the mountains on the border with China).

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I was in 2 minds sharing this but here goes, dirty, disgusting f**ks. Apparently a Wuhan market in China.

I love how some are actually wearing a mask. It’s like I don’t want to catch anything but eating it is ok.
Plus they eat anything that moves not surprised they even eat baby humans and monkey brain while the monkey is alive.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was just in Japan over CNY, snowboarding and eating all the seafood while drinking all the sake!

My best laksa was actually in KL about 5 years ago << had to reset my tripadvisor profile to find the restaurant >> I've only ever written one review on tripadvisor and it was for Betty's Cafe KL https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Rest..._s_Cafe-Kuala_Lumpur_Wilayah_Persekutuan.html

Malaysia also supplied the worst laksa I'd ever experienced, in Langkawi near the airport https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Show...a_Power-Langkawi_Langkawi_District_Kedah.html .. was very unappealing to the eye and tasted like dirty water. AVOID.

As for Singapore, I really haven't eaten too much Laksa here (I am living in Singapore), find it too hot atmospherically to enjoy a good laksa!

BTW, I love tofu! 8-)
How was it ?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How was it ?
We were at Niseko, in Hokkaido .. at a sky-in/sky-out resort, taking evening onsen during snow fall .. bloody terrible
Fresh powder daily and during the sessions, clear skies once or twice and bitterly cold.

Visited the Nikka distillery before heading up the mountain, glad we stayed in Sapporo a couple nights cause some dude wrongfully took my luggage in place of his, meaning I was without it most of the first day.
Enjoyed a terrific crab restaurant in Sapporo .. CRAB.EVERY.WAY !

I <3 JAPAN.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were at Niseko, in Hokkaido .. at a sky-in/sky-out resort, taking evening onsen during snow fall .. bloody terrible
Fresh powder daily and during the sessions, clear skies once or twice and bitterly cold.

Visited the Nikka distillery before heading up the mountain, glad we stayed in Sapporo a couple nights cause some dude wrongfully took my luggage in place of his, meaning I was without it most of the first day.
Enjoyed a terrific crab restaurant in Sapporo .. CRAB.EVERY.WAY !

I <3 JAPAN.
Awsome how was sapporo?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awsome how was sapporo?
Highly recommend, we stayed in the Mercure, who provided a very large room and daily breakfast; very impressed.
It is also a hotel with a bus stop for the trip to Niseko, and close to restaurants, so well suited for our needs.

The snow started falling in Sapporo on the Monday, Sapporo already had a thorough cover of old clean snow which was a lovely welcome.
Apparently, the season hasn't been too good at the mountains for snow, so we were blessed to be receiving the fresh stuff.
It was idyllic, indeed!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Highly recommend, we stayed in the Mercure, who provided a very large room and daily breakfast; very impressed.
It is also a hotel with a bus stop for the trip to Niseko, and close to restaurants, so well suited for our needs.

The snow started falling in Sapporo on the Monday, Sapporo already had a thorough cover of old clean snow which was a lovely welcome.
Apparently, the season hasn't been too good at the mountains for snow, so we were blessed to be receiving the fresh stuff.
It was idyllic, indeed!
I’m hanging to go to Japan. We lived in Tokyo for a few months but I was 5 at the time so I don’t remember it too well (except for the crazy robot toys, cruise ships and the corn chip snack things that I’m still addicted to). I keep hassling the Mrs to go there but she just wants to go to America all the time.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m hanging to go to Japan. We lived in Tokyo for a few months but I was 5 at the time so I don’t remember it too well (except for the crazy robot toys, cruise ships and the corn chip snack things that I’m still addicted to). I keep hassling the Mrs to go there but she just wants to go to America all the time.
Tokyo makes for a perfect layout over en route to the States, same hemisphere too, so you can pack for similar climates.
The airports are on par with Changi for efficiency, cleanliness and variety of stores as well as proximity to the city.
Breaks up the long haul Stateside journey and neither of you have to compromise on travel destination.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
B/A has suspended all flights to mainland China until march

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tokyo makes for a perfect layout over en route to the States, same hemisphere too, so you can pack for similar climates.
The airports are on par with Changi for efficiency, cleanliness and variety of stores as well as proximity to the city.
Breaks up the long haul Stateside journey and neither of you have to compromise on travel destination.
Hey Lov_Dog are you part of the brother/sister duo that posted on the old BDP? Brother always known for his score prediction - Dogs x 4? :grinning:

We will in Singapore in October. Been before but a great city.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Lov_Dog are you part of the brother/sister duo that posted on the old BDP? Brother always known for his score prediction - Dogs x 4? :grinning:

We will in Singapore in October. Been before but a great city.
I am not part of the brother/sister duo .. not sure who they are. I am the original Lov_Dog on here.

HMU when you know your October dates .. I will be traveling mid-Oct to the States for my annual meeting. But if in town, would be great to celebrate with you a Bulldogs premiership !

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I am not part of the brother/sister duo .. not sure who they are. I am the original Lov_Dog on here.

HMU when you know your October dates .. I will be traveling mid-Oct to the States for my annual meeting. But if in town, would be great to celebrate with you a Bulldogs premiership !
I wasn't sure. I thought she may have been studying to be a barrister but it was 10? years ago :grinning:

A premiership this year? Dreams do come true :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.